1. Bleh $394 on stars as it stands and as said above on ipoker. Time for some CrEVing, some food break etc. then back into it .
     
    Thread StarterAdd CheapTorque to Rail
  2. Noooo CrEV can't be found on old computer. I can't remember what email I registered it with either...Super tilting because I just played round with the trial and it seems like I know how to use it now, and its so gooooooood. Arghhh.

    I'm going to get that reg key if its the last thing I do.
     
    Thread StarterAdd CheapTorque to Rail
  3. Well I got the key but zzzzz this game. So so so so soooo close to giving up right now tbh. I just don't seem able to win at this anymore somehow.
     
    Thread StarterAdd CheapTorque to Rail
  4.  
    Thread StarterAdd CheapTorque to Rail
  5. You can tell i'm cracking when im posting bad beats lol this shit is fucked. :@ happens to us all at one point though have to keep fucking grinding through it will not let this game beat me :@
    Edited By: CheapTorque Aug 4th, 2017 at 11:10 PM
     
    Thread StarterAdd CheapTorque to Rail
  6. Change title of this thread to cheaptorque trainwreck rail thread pls.

    http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/8424830

    http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/8424831

    https://www.boomplayer.com/24787522_F6B299F7A7

    Just going to spew off my last few dollars then quitting this god awful game for a very long time. Thought I could push through this but it's just not happening.

    GG!
     
    Thread StarterAdd CheapTorque to Rail
  7.  
    Originally Posted by CheapTorque View Post

    Change title of this thread to cheaptorque trainwreck rail thread pls.

    Just going to spew off my last few dollars then quitting this god awful game for a very long time. Thought I could push through this but it's just not happening.

    GG!

    I know how you are feeling cos I´m running the same way - deep runs then busting as a ridulous favorite many times over. It completely sucks arse & is mind blowingly frustrating.

    YOU however, have a lot of skill and have already proven you can win. Stables wouldn´t consider you if you didn´t.

    Have a chat with your coach and let him butter you up some. Take a nice break and then get back on the horse, you know you want to crack this beast of a game............

    I guess at this point all you can do is believe in the maths........
    3
    Add samj123 to Rail
  8. I think the fact is I've been playing very poorly for a long time now. I've been running into the top of ranges for so long that I'm incorrectly ranging villains as being top of their range far more often than they really are, making me play worse on top of that. Also I've been using very poor bank roll management and not even bothering to game select in anything thoughtfully meaningful way. The bad beats, which we all get, then become the easy excuse or the easy answer.

    Definitely taking a very long break, and will study hard before even touching the game again. I've been doing a lot of things differently in the last 4 months and its no wonder things have turned to what they have.

    I'm going to do nothing but study for the next month, by looking doing HH reviews of all my games over the past 9 months and using CrEV where appropriate etc. then in a month I'll deposit and try again.

    Watch this space it isn't over until it's over.

    GL and see you all round some time in the future.
    Edited By: CheapTorque Aug 6th, 2017 at 12:37 AM
     
    Thread StarterAdd CheapTorque to Rail
  9. look pal i say this with the upmost respect but seriously you get yourself to a point in poker where you have acheived your goal and what do you do you think your superman like bad beats are not going to hit you come onnnn!!!!! you have already givin up!! think about it you did what you set out to do in your first challenge right? and did you manage it well noo you fkt it up because of the simple fact you got no BRM, now get back on the horse after at least a months break and seriously ask yourself on the break what do you want from poker? your a great player and im not kissing ass but ask yourself where you want to go with poker. best of luck i mean that bro we all have been there and im still there if thats any consolation.
    Add 07keith to Rail
  10. Yeah like the rest said. Take a break but don't give up. I'm in the same boat. Deep runs, but not deep enough...poor BRM...all that. 'll never learn either. :)
     
    Add 4Aces1King1 to Rail
  11. Make DMT, take DMT, run naked and screaming through the forest.
    4
    Add cage to Rail
  12.  
    Originally Posted by 07keith View Post

    look pal i say this with the upmost respect but seriously you get yourself to a point in poker where you have acheived your goal and what do you do you think your superman like bad beats are not going to hit you come onnnn!!!!! you have already givin up!! think about it you did what you set out to do in your first challenge right? and did you manage it well noo you fkt it up because of the simple fact you got no BRM, now get back on the horse after at least a months break and seriously ask yourself on the break what do you want from poker? your a great player and im not kissing ass but ask yourself where you want to go with poker. best of luck i mean that bro we all have been there and im still there if thats any consolation.


    Cheers for the blunt honesty bro, it's duly noted. I remember telling friends months ago, who were sending me their bad beats, that those exact same beats happen to me daily time and time again. The only difference was the way in which I took them on the chin and kept on keeping on. Overestimating our EV in the game undoubtedly comes in there as well, well me overestimating mine rather.

    The frequency of bad beats hasn't changed, the only thing that has changed is, as you say, my BRM, my avg buy in, avg field size, and a bunch of lifestyle habits.

    I've been looking over my databases and sharkscope results and noticed a few things. 100% of my downswing occurred over only 700 games, all of them $19 and above buy in, and all big field games. Remove those and I haven't lost anything at all:



     

    Yeah like the rest said. Take a break but don't give up. I'm in the same boat. Deep runs, but not deep enough...poor BRM...all that. 'll never learn either. :)

    If we can learn even just 1% each day, we will have learned a lot by the end of every year! I'm going to get myself back on track, you can too. At least you don't cry as much as I do ;)

     

    Make DMT, take DMT, run naked and screaming through the forest.

    Sounds like a very good idea. Care to fly over and help out with that ;)
    Edited By: CheapTorque Aug 8th, 2017 at 05:48 AM
     
    Thread StarterAdd CheapTorque to Rail
  13. So in moving forward the plan of attack is as follows:

    1. $10 max buy in, excluding 5 euro r&a on ipoker
    2. Do not register any large field size MTTs. Register several small field sizes worth the same total value instead.

    This is a great article, and it applies to those of us whose late game play isn't as strong as those who are crushing. Also important whilst regaining confidence as opposed to whilst at the top of the confidence peak. I'm the first to admit my end game has deteriorated, and probably wasn't ever great but certain has gotten worse. Until I am able to correct that, my focus needs to be on variance reduction and putting myself in spots where late game pressure is low...EV is identical in small field games versus big field games, but variance is much lower in the former.

    This was the first article, but the article I'm talking about is the second link and the follow up to the first:

    http://www.nsdpoker.com/2011/01/mtt-pros/

    http://www.nsdpoker.com/2011/02/mtt_pros_2/



    And this is the series of articles which these are part of, which are also great imo:

    http://www.nsdpoker.com/category/poker-pro/

    The take home message is that you make just as much money winning $200 five times as you do winning $1000 once, and winning $1000 once is a lot harder, and comes with a great deal more variance. So the plan going forward is to play small field low variance games, and try to win $200 five times so to speak...Give up on winning $1000 once, don't even reg those games.

    We'll see what happens from here. Cheers everyone. God imagine if I posted all of this on 2p2, Id be getting one hell of a grilling ;)
    Edited By: CheapTorque Aug 8th, 2017 at 05:57 AM
     
    Thread StarterAdd CheapTorque to Rail
  14.  
    Originally Posted by cage View Post

    Make DMT, take DMT, run naked and screaming through the forest.

    You sure that will help?....................well ok, if you say so Cage.................. ah shiiitt, my game still hasn't improved, now what?

    ps. I have no idea what DMT is?
    3
    Add samj123 to Rail
  15.  
    Originally Posted by CheapTorque View Post

    We'll see what happens from here. Cheers everyone. God imagine if I posted all of this on 2p2, Id be getting one hell of a grilling ;)

    A couple of interesting articles. It does seem silly to play for the glorious wins which are high variance & that cause tilt and confidence issues when low variance steady away stuff can earn the same.

    Good luck with the plan.

    Maybe we should grill you if we see a $22 sneaking in there!!

    BTW what do you consider to be high field and low field?
    3
    Add samj123 to Rail
  16.  
    Originally Posted by samj123 View Post

    You sure that will help?....................well ok, if you say so Cage.................. ah shiiitt, my game still hasn't improved, now what?

    ps. I have no idea what DMT is?

    Need to know basis. Point is if cheapo feels he's turned into a tilt monkey my advice was to just get away from poker altogether for a while, a psychic holiday so to speak, the DMT is just a short cut and is not for everyone, but I'm a fucking nut anyway so, yaddayaddayadda...
    4
    Add cage to Rail
  17.  
    Originally Posted by cage View Post

    Need to know basis. Point is if cheapo feels he's turned into a tilt monkey my advice was to just get away from poker altogether for a while, a psychic holiday so to speak, the DMT is just a short cut and is not for everyone, but I'm a fucking nut anyway so, yaddayaddayadda...

    Damn fine advice, using any method that works.

    ps. is "Delicious Mushrooms to cure Tilt" close?!
    3
    Add samj123 to Rail
  18. Dimethyltryptamine. Your delicious mushrooms to cure tilt should work a treat too. I stopped playing a couple of months ago because I was finding it boring, just couldn't wait for a session to finish and would just jam crap hands so I could get out of tournaments and do something else. Apart from one silly pub game I have played no poker since the start of June. Don't want to play until I feel like I actually care about playing the game, come at it afresh and drop a load of bollocks ideas I had concerning what I thought I knew about playing the game ( not much, on reflection ). Long story short: I realized that although I was able to master most of the obvious forms of tilt, or at least to notice them as problems and address them, the game of poker itself, my attitude to it and how playing it affected me, was wholly tilt, i.e. a negative force in my life.
    Edited By: cage Aug 10th, 2017 at 03:32 PM
    Reason: no reason
    4
    Add cage to Rail
  19. Then it is good to take a break. Pleased to see you still floating around the forum though.

    For me, I think winning more would help with the keeping interested part & when I figure that bit out I'll let you know.

    I'll think I'll follow Cheaptorque and go for small field and better bankroll mgt as a start. Perhaps a few SnG sessions with lower variance -actually I turned my $50 to $1000 playing these, got bored and started MTT's, had a nice heater to $4k, downswung and then tilted my way back to $500, heated back up to $4.3k and now I'm back to $300 and that was with much less tilt and much better bankroll mgt, wtf am I doing??!! Perhaps I should actually lay off MTT's for a while altogether.

    And nah, DMT would not be for me, I can't even manage a bottle of wine these days, such a lightweight!
    Edited By: samj123 Aug 10th, 2017 at 05:00 PM
    3
    Add samj123 to Rail
  20.  
    Originally Posted by samj123 View Post

    A couple of interesting articles. It does seem silly to play for the glorious wins which are high variance & that cause tilt and confidence issues when low variance steady away stuff can earn the same.

    Good luck with the plan.

    Maybe we should grill you if we see a $22 sneaking in there!!

    BTW what do you consider to be high field and low field?


    As far as field size impacting variance that will lie on a continuum, the bigger the field the greater the variance with all other factors held constant. I find I do better in games with less than 400 players, and 100 - 200 runner games feel a breeze.

    Last 7 days:




    Had a nice 16 game upswing on iPoker last two days, up close to $1000 AUD

    current iPoker account:

    Edited By: CheapTorque Aug 11th, 2017 at 08:15 PM
     
    Thread StarterAdd CheapTorque to Rail
  21. I have played around with this before at some unnamed point in the past lol

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...6-jfOd-tYhMRDA
     
    Thread StarterAdd CheapTorque to Rail
  22. Here's the graph since 1st of June, I've just crept back to break even over 1261 games. However still down $800 since the beginning of this thread/challenge (26 June).

    Working on it...iPoker is treating me nice, I had a very shortened break and I'm playing very low volume at the moment, focus is on study & game selection. And focus. Have started using some of that guided meditation that Elliot Roe suggests, it's quite good for relaxing the mind prior to a session or at the beginning of a day.



    I wonder if I should scrap this train wreck thread, and start a fresh one titled bankroll recovery? I wouldn't want all the tilt to disappear so it'd remain linked to at the top of the new one, along with the last two. Maybe I can make a collection of diaries as time progresses?

    Thoughts?
    Edited By: CheapTorque Aug 12th, 2017 at 04:00 PM
     
    Thread StarterAdd CheapTorque to Rail
  23. My 5 month vacation is almost over,so im gonna take some of that BR away from you soon ! Yes, 5th of september i wanna see you all at my table
    Add vandenboss to Rail
  24.  
    Originally Posted by CheapTorque View Post

    Here's the graph since 1st of June, I've just crept back to break even over 1261 games. However still down $800 since the beginning of this thread/challenge (26 June).

    Working on it...iPoker is treating me nice, I had a very shortened break and I'm playing very low volume at the moment, focus is on study & game selection. And focus. Have started using some of that guided meditation that Elliot Roe suggests, it's quite good for relaxing the mind prior to a session or at the beginning of a day.



    I wonder if I should scrap this train wreck thread, and start a fresh one titled bankroll recovery? I wouldn't want all the tilt to disappear so it'd remain linked to at the top of the new one, along with the last two. Maybe I can make a collection of diaries as time progresses?

    Thoughts?


    Go for it! Maybe i could throw in a score here and their to let others know of my progress also? Don't want to hijack the thread, but i feel it would motivate us both a little maybe? Plus the brags you know.
     
    Add 4Aces1King1 to Rail
  25. Nevermind i take that back, this is your thread..and that's the way it'll stay....tried deleting previous post but not able to figure that one out.
     
    Add 4Aces1King1 to Rail
  26. Go for it 4Aces, I don't mind at all. Appreciate that you cared to ask ;)

     

    My 5 month vacation is almost over,so im gonna take some of that BR away from you soon ! Yes, 5th of september i wanna see you all at my table

    Have you ever thought of getting into cage fighting? You know, like Bas Rutten?
     
    Thread StarterAdd CheapTorque to Rail
  27. Ive had to give up tryhing to take notes on ipoker, it's actually impossible when multitabling and really tilting. Pretty much none of the buttons on the site work...I click do not show this message again, never works & always shows it again. Click the note tab and as quick as you've typed one letter it insta closes despite the setting being on that stops it switching focus from the note box. All in all ipoker is really garbage and glitchy, as I've said before. I only keep playing there because its so soft I can't really afford not to. And is it any wonder, how many regs can put up with such awful software day in day out lol. Virtually none, tables full of recs, tis the up side.

    On a positive note! It's been a profitable week, and the graph looks nice for once again. I don't want to jinx myself but I think I've figured out what I was doing wrong, we will soon find out anyway. Ironically all the profit this week is indeed from ipoker ;)

    Edited By: CheapTorque Aug 15th, 2017 at 06:25 PM
     
    Thread StarterAdd CheapTorque to Rail
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 41 2 3 4