1. Gl today to all playing!

I am hoping to get back up in the strategy thread some time soon...Been so damn busy with work outside of poker that I have had to play less and update less, but making certain I do the weekly updates regardless.

Will update this evening or tomorrow...Today we either win big or lose big lol.

Thread StarterAdd CheapTorque to Rail
  2. Keep on keeping on.
    Add cage to Rail
  3. Hi guys, look pretty good. How you manage to play 600 games per month. Did you noticed that in rebuys tournament chip leader always wins more hands with garbage?? What is your strategy??
    Add Favori to Rail
    Originally Posted by CheapTorque View Post

Today we either win big or lose big lol.

It has gotta be win big!
    Add samj123 to Rail
    Originally Posted by samj123 View Post

It has gotta be win big!

In a strange twist of events, I neither won big nor lost big. I wasn't sure if I had won, lost, or broke even for the day...Until I calculated everything at the end of the day and realized I was up around $760

Lots of small cashes...Two third place finishes were my biggest placings of the day on Monday (Sunday for Europe).

Hi guys, look pretty good. How you manage to play 600 games per month. Did you noticed that in rebuys tournament chip leader always wins more hands with garbage?? What is your strategy??

About the rebuy tournaments, nope I don't notice that. Sometimes the bigger stacks win all ins and sometimes the smaller stacks do...I can see how it might look otherwise over a small sample, but after playing nearly 20,000 games it isn't noticable to me.

Here's some updated graphs...The first is since the first challenge (end of Sept, 2016) and the second is since the start of the new challenge (January 15, 2017):

Originally Posted by cage View Post

Keep on keeping on.

Cheers bro! Will do.

7. Thanks, do you playing loose aggressive before the bubble in mtt is the correct approach with 30 bb or should shove with cards having decent equity?? With 30 bob how would you play near the bubble to try to attain final table?
    Add Favori to Rail
  8. Under 30 big blinds I open with a min raise anything that I am intending on playing...I start open shoving around 15 big blinds & lower, with exceptions. Once I am over 30ish big blinds I open to 2.5x. This allows me to get it all in by river more often when I think I can and have the best hand. Under 30bb it's not necessary to go larger than 2x when opening though.

9. Hi, I manage to attend final table on 1$ goldfish 888. 7 players left. I was the short stacked. I had 15 bb and was on bb with Kh9h, utg+2 min raise I call the flop is Ah5h9c. I decided to shove. Villain had Ac8s called with 20bb. Turn was 4s and river Jc and eliminated. Did I played the hand correctly or should I played it another way? I shove because I had too many outs - 14. I tried to force him fold his hand. How would you play this hand!!!
    Add Favori to Rail
  10. I´ve played this game several times and it is very difficult to get anyone to fold. I play for pure value, my betting is much larger than usual & I actually don´t run many bluffs in this game.

His UTG+2 range has plenty of Ax, so it is unlikely he will fold any Ace he has. You have the nut flush and any K or 9 landing would probably give you the best hand, so I would shove here too. You just have to accept that when you are effectively flipping you are not always going to win.
    Edited By: samj123 Feb 22nd, 2017 at 12:13 PM
    Add samj123 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Favori View Post

Hi, I manage to attend final table on 1$ goldfish 888. 7 players left. I was the short stacked. I had 15 bb and was on bb with Kh9h, utg+2 min raise I call the flop is Ah5h9c. I decided to shove. Villain had Ac8s called with 20bb. Turn was 4s and river Jc and eliminated. Did I played the hand correctly or should I played it another way? I shove because I had too many outs - 14. I tried to force him fold his hand. How would you play this hand!!!

You're best to post questions about hands in the poker strategy section of the forum, that way a lot more people will see it and comment on it.

I would fold K9s preflop in this spot. As played we can never fold the flop.

Will update soon, sorry for being a bit slack this week!

12. Well I am 4 or 5 days late on the update this week, I had an okay Monday (not great) and then a bad Tuesday, ended up on a bit of a downswing and was down close to $1000 for the week on Thursday.

But then I had a great Friday, making multiple final tables. Cashes included 1st the 1500 gtd frenzy 10 euro r&a for over 600 euro, 2nd in the 12k gtd big $5.50 for a little over $1500, 5th (I think) in the $30 20k gtd on ACR for $960, 3rd in the 2k gtd win the button, and a bunch of other smaller cashes.

I think I ended the day up around $3600.

That brings the total profit since the start of the challenge on 15th January: $7335

Will upload a picture of the graph tomorrow, because the ACR win doesn't seem to have registered yet!

13. That's pretty impressive Matt. Do you still stream on Twitch? GL.
    Add cage to Rail
  14. Great keep the trend cheap...,
    Add Favori to Rail

That's pretty impressive Matt. Do you still stream on Twitch? GL.

Hey bro, nah I don't...I got a bit annoyed with the fact that they make $ off your stream with advertisements, especially given I'd never get partnership even if I did get a big following. Even if they did offer it to me, which they wouldn't, I wouldn't accept the terms which include saying/not saying the sorts of things that they want you to. With that my dreams of being a streamer were more or less slashed...I could potentially use YouTube instead, but I don't know what viewer bases are like over there.

Originally Posted by Favori View Post

Great keep the trend cheap...,

Cheers Favori!

17. Do you mean replaying some MTTs with analysis on youtube? Might be interesting.
    Add cage to Rail

Do you mean replaying some MTTs with analysis on youtube? Might be interesting.

I think you can actually stream live on there...but could also do that. I dunno, I would feel like a bit of a fraud. It's not like I'm a high stakes crusher or anything, and I am sure I'm still doing so much wrong. I would hate to lead people astray etc.

Maybe I could just write a disclaimer lol

19. Looking to sell action without markup in games over $50 buy in this week...Can't be bothered setting up a thread each day, especially because I'm probably keen to play whatever people want to buy action in and rather flexible.

Also happy if I rip anyone off for them to drag my name through the mud all through this thread (and elsewhere ofc).

If anyones keen send me a PM, add me to Skype etc. and we can get it crackin.

Cheers!

20. Also my $960 cash on ACR still isn't showing on SharkScope so I'll just throw these graphs up anyway:

Start of challenge (January 15th 2017):

Since start of last challenge (25 september, 2016):

21. Thread StarterAdd CheapTorque to Rail
  22. Update on my results, sorry this is late...Wanted to wait for more ACR results to show up on sharkscope, and also have been busy this week. Here's updated graphs.

Since first 'challenge' began (25th September, 2016):

Since this 'challange' began (15th January, 2017):

Edited By: CheapTorque Mar 5th, 2017 at 01:28 PM

23. http://www.pocketfives.com/f20013/su...ackage-718658/

Sold some action today here, but not enough to lpay the package...Decided I'm going to play it anyway, coz I back myself :D Lets go!

GLGLGL

24. Well, binked the $55 sunday stack 65k gtd on stars today, outright, for not far off $14,000. Brings total profit since the beginning of this challenge to $21,000 (total bankroll around $26,000).

I guess I'm going to have to start a new challenge?! Or should have been a little more ambitious with this one to begin with? Lol.

The player who I played HU with on final table refused to look at a deal when 3 handed with chip lead, refused again when HU with chip lead, then when I took a 2 to 1 chip lead asked me for 50-50...I said no ty very much.

Also someone had 10% of my action in this game (and several others) today, so will be shipping them around $1400. Woop woop!

Just to note....On the one hand, I feel reluctant to say this, because I feel like I am giving away my secret. But on the other hand, he deserves the recognition...So huge shout out to my coach, Matt Stark, who is one beast of a coach if I must say so. My game has improved dramatically due to the work that we did on my game.

Graph since 25th september, 2016 (start of previous challenge):

Graph since 15th January, 2017 (start of this challenge):
    Edited By: CheapTorque Mar 13th, 2017 at 02:23 PM

25. If anybody deserved this you did mate, well done and congrats! Keep on growing ;)
    Add EireStyle to Rail
    Originally Posted by CheapTorque View Post

Well, binked the $55 sunday stack 65k gtd on stars today, outright, for not far off $14,000. Brings total profit since the beginning of this challenge to $21,000 (total bankroll around $26,000).

I guess I'm going to have to start a new challenge?! Or should have been a little more ambitious with this one to begin with? Lol.

The player who I played HU with on final table refused to look at a deal when 3 handed with chip lead, refused again when HU with chip lead, then when I took a 2 to 1 chip lead asked me for 50-50...I said no ty very much.

Also someone had 10% of my action in this game (and several others) today, so will be shipping them around $1400. Woop woop!

Just to note....On the one hand, I feel reluctant to say this, because I feel like I am giving away my secret. But on the other hand, he deserves the recognition...So huge shout out to my coach, Matt Stark, who is one beast of a coach if I must say so. My game has improved dramatically due to the work that we did on my game.

Graph since 25th september, 2016 (start of previous challenge):

Graph since 15th January, 2017 (start of this challenge):

Wow. Just wow.

Add mikewebb68 to Rail
    Originally Posted by EireStyle View Post

If anybody deserved this you did mate, well done and congrats! Keep on growing ;)

Thanks bro! I don't believe in the notion of just desert, but I have had a pretty crappy year outside of poker...So perhaps this is a bit of karma ;)

Originally Posted by mikewebb68 View Post

Wow. Just wow.

Bro, it still hasn't sunk in for me yet either...I plan to make quite a large donation to the SPCA (and some other charities) with a good portion of the funds. Will use the rest to maintain the bankroll and continue bringing that money in!

Cheers for all your support over the last 6 months.

29. Well Done Bro! Keep it up, more to come!
    Add mstark87 to Rail
  30. congrats on the success, sir. Seemed like a good dude on stream. Good things happen to good people, believe that! Care to elaborate on things twitch would not let you say/want you to say?
    Add RUST1D to Rail
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 41 2 3 4