1. Live $500 tourney, 180 people, i think 50ish left. I have a huge stack and just moved to new table so no real info.

Blinds 500/1k - hero has 160k

UTG big stack limps, 2 players in MP limp, I am on button with Q5cc. I try to play a lot of hands from the button, esp in limped pots, because I feel I have a pretty big postflop edge (esp at this venue). I consider isolating but throw in the 1k call. SB limps BB checks. (i know, fold pre, but I have a ton of chips and position and like to gambol).

Flop: 89J - one club - checks around

Turn: 10c

This is where things get interesting. SB leads 3k, BB raises to 8k, UTG big stack put out stack of 5k chips which totals 105k, leaving him about 20k behind. I turned the straight and have the club redraw, have 160k behind.

Hero: ???

Add clemsonrich to Rail
  2. Well, unless you have documented proof that UTG is an absolute maniac that would overvalue just a queen here, I think this is a sigh fold, as his raise screams K-Q. As for preflop, not a big fan of overlimps unless you have seen people limp premiums to trap, think you were on the right track with playing your hand for a raise here if you are playing it at all by raising, you can define ranges more accurately than in a limped,pot scenario.
    Add mikewebb68 to Rail
  3. lmao bro u were cracking me up about having a stack and knowing ur board play owns it at that venue and lets play some button. Yup I know the feeling but holy fk , Big stack clearly says HI I have the nuts . Such a gross hand to ever fold but HOW can we call, when such a wild situation arose and I wouldnt doubt if 2 players had kq. Anyhow , Im going to look back for the info on what happened. GLGL
    Add double_kyan to Rail
  4. i feld btw, the guy showed a Q and was trying to act like the other one wasnt a king but it totally was. we lived to fight another day and eventually shipped the tourney lfg

Thread StarterAdd clemsonrich to Rail
  5. Easy fold with 160bb. At best you have a chop with a flush draw with one card to come. At worst you're behind with a flush draw. I don't ever see you having the best hand here, and if the bet was less then I certainly can see arguing a call, but for all your chips, limping hands like this and supposedly having an edge means this is an easy fold.

Add P0KERDUUDE to Rail
  6. this at mdlive? how much u ship
    Add ChameleoN89 to Rail
  7. i guess i lied, we chopped 3 ways. 6.5k

Originally Posted by P0KERDUUDE View Post

Easy fold with 160bb. At best you have a chop with a flush draw with one card to come. At worst you're behind with a flush draw. I don't ever see you having the best hand here, and if the bet was less then I certainly can see arguing a call, but for all your chips, limping hands like this and supposedly having an edge means this is an easy fold.

i mean i pretty much snap knew i was folding, just an interesting spot, wanted to hear some thoughts. what made it even more interesting was the BB showed a Q when he folded, so there was just so few KQ's left for utg to have.
    Edited By: clemsonrich 3 Weeks Ago at 02:17 AM