1. It's been so long I nearly couldn't remember how to add a new thread...So anyway:

I’m backed by Pocarr for the next 18 months!

I want to follow in the great Girafganger7’s footsteps, just as he (presumably) followed behind Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldren’s footsteps, on his journey to the moon, before disappearing beyond telescopic sight, and onward into distant, deep space.

Seriously, though:

- I want to maintain my current ROI while doubling my ABI over the next ~year.
    - This is going to take a lot of hard work.
    - Hopefully this rail thread is going to provide some extra motivation to help me see that through.
    - I don’t give up easily.
    - I am committed to maintaining a 100% vegan diet, indefinitely.
    - I have some other goals unrelated to poker directly, which I hope to introduce at the right time throughout the thread. Watch this space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w211...SyH9utNN-RBUhg

I’ll post an update of my graph once a week at least, and will reflect on things a month at a time to see how we are tracking.

Cheers all, and gl!

Add CheapTorque to Rail
  2. Good luck. Every day is Christmas in my world, so no offence taken.
    Add cage to Rail
    Originally Posted by cage View Post

Good luck. Every day is Christmas in my world, so no offence taken.

Cheers bro :D and Christmas it is!

Thread StarterAdd CheapTorque to Rail
  4. Just curious how you got back with low number of games and profit, not bashing just didn't think they would do that.
    Add ChameleoN89 to Rail
  5. Goodluck bud :)
    Add EireStyle to Rail
  6. Good tidings we bring to you and your king, we wish you a merry run and a successful 18 months!
    Add samj123 to Rail
    Originally Posted by ChameleoN89 View Post

Just curious how you got back with low number of games and profit, not bashing just didn't think they would do that.

You'd have to ask them, but from what I gather they value hard work more than anything, and I think they will take on anyone that is dedicated enough (providing they work hard including off the table, & are at least winning at whatever stake it is they're backed for).

8. Cheers Eire & Samj!

Originally Posted by CheapTorque View Post

You'd have to ask them, but from what I gather they value hard work more than anything, and I think they will take on anyone that is dedicated enough (providing they work hard including off the table, & are at least winning at whatever stake it is they're backed for).

gl my friend
    Add ChameleoN89 to Rail
  10. Ty bro!

11. Edited By: CheapTorque Oct 10th, 2017 at 02:47 PM

12. Thanks for sharing your journey and finding new inspiration. Can you share some of the support you get from Pocarr? Not actual material, more about the process. For instance, do you perform weekly hand histories? Do they have a database of videos? Do you get 1:1 coaching? I've always had a hard time quantifying staking and whether you give up too much of the pie as opposed to the predictable cost of training sites and private coaching.
    Edited By: negrealanu Oct 10th, 2017 at 05:01 PM

Add negrealanu to Rail
    Originally Posted by negrealanu View Post

Thanks for sharing your journey and finding new inspiration. Can you share some of the support you get from Pocarr? Not actual material, more about the process. For instance, do you perform weekly hand histories? Do they have a database of videos? Do you get 1:1 coaching? I've always had a hard time quantifying staking and whether you give up too much of the pie as opposed to the predictable cost of training sites and private coaching.

Ty for the comment bro.

I thought about applying & signing the contract for a long time, because as you say it's difficult to quantify potential pros and cons. And especially so when you can't see the full deal until you're in it. They provided me with a guest log in to their site, so that I could preview some of their content before making a decision.

I won't lie, even after signing the contract I was still a bit anxious, mostly because of the length of duration and the potential cost of ending the contract early. Getting close to 1 month & a half in - They've exceeded my expectations, and I've been thoroughly impressed so far. Management are understanding, reasonable & professional. I'm obviously biased but I would say their video content is up there, or even surpasses that of subs like RIO Elite, for example. They have a large video library, with several structured learning paths, as well as active forums and Skype group chats to discuss MTT strategy etc. They provide regular webinars, and are interactive & responsive in your personal management group. The vast majority of their content is quite recent. You can, and are encouraged to, post hand histories w/ questions both on the forums and chat, and get quick answers from a variety of very good players. Even the likes of Apestyles & Rob Tinnion are active in both the forums & chat.

I think what you can get out of it is proportionate to what you put in, and they've got a vested interest in you putting in the work so you can all make more $$$. Having been turned down by the two stables I had applied for previously, I was appreciative of the oppourtunity. Their model favours work ethic over results, and I am contractually obligated to complete a specified amount of study & games played each month. My last private coach was very good, and I highly recommend, but at the end of the day a coach can't force you to put in work 7 days a week while you're not doing 1 on 1 sessions. I needed that extra incentive (the threat of being cut & losing my oppourtunity, versus the possibility of a defined route to become among the best in the game), and so far it feels like its working well.

On top of what is mentioned above, the more work you put in, and the more you ladder up the buy in levels you're backed for, the more you get in return in terms of 1 on 1s, hh reviews, video content, etc.. They also encourage you to improve yourself in every way, including more generally than just poker, and do so in a way that allows you freedom of determination as to what your ideal of self-improvement is. I think they understand the principal of a happy employee = a productive employee.

Hope this helps!

14. Awesome summary of your experience and weighing the pros and cons of a staking arrangement. I totally get why you get value in having imposed structure and someone that is going to hold you accountable. I could definitely benefit from such a situation. Too bad none of the stables will go anywhere near US players.

Add negrealanu to Rail
  15. Thanks bro, glad it was of some help. That def sucks for the US, I wonder if it will stay that way forever? Australia are getting hit hard at the moment, too.

Upswing city atm for me:

16. GL today all!

17. Edited By: CheapTorque Oct 18th, 2017 at 08:05 PM

18. Holy shit! New government for us. Hell yes baby, crack the champagne.

http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/news/vot...-chose-labour/

20. OMG - that is one hell of a graph!
    Add samj123 to Rail
  21. Thanks Sam! It needs to be better though :D

22. Ha ha! Stairway to heaven sounds better than "the road to hell"!!

And another decent score I see, excellent.
    Add samj123 to Rail
  23. Thanks Sam!

Not always roses but I am feeling good about my game. And I feel great about knowing what I need to work on, for once, at least with a lot more clarity than in the past.

Tomorrow is the start of a new month for me, and I'm feeling pretty excited to see how it plays out. GLGLGL!

24. Awesome going mate! Soak it all in baby :)
    Add EireStyle to Rail
  25. Looks like a great job done. Carry on!
    Add josepha to Rail
  26. Cheers people! Unfortunately had a weak start to this month, getting into some much needed study today. Power on!!!!!!!! GLGL

Edited By: CheapTorque 4 Weeks Ago at 12:14 AM

27. On a side note, I've been working on writing a new album on my off days. If I've worked hard enough on my game by the end of the year I'm going to go into the studio for a couple of days and lay down some studio quality recordings. These are a few tracks I've been playing with recorded as drafts on a webcam mic. WARNING: viewer discretion is advised, contains more than a few F words and even more opinionated comments.

https://vimeo.com/241374392

https://vimeo.com/241380019

Alright study time. GLGL! Enjoy.

28. wow nice to get it here. And also glad to know about the new album. Thanks!
    Add josepha to Rail
  29. You got some rhymes man.
    Add cage to Rail
  30. Cheers bros!