1. I never got a reply back but it's not unexpected since they already said no exceptions, and that I nicely told them I would take my future deposits elsewhere. I've considered myself a casual but serious player ever since Black Friday, but I've stayed loyal to Carbon even with the declining traffic.

I can't speak for everyone else but rankings help motivate myself to play and to be competitive, even though I tend to burn out after a couple months. I like being able to compare myself to everyone else within the P5 community in my state, country, or the world even if everyone knows I'm not that great. If I opt-in then that's my choice since I put my results out there for everyone to see. That is the main reason I joined PocketFives.

I've been following the thread for a few weeks and after no new information I decided to finally email them. I'm hoping they will change their mind or prove me wrong and start updating again. You're welcome for the update but I hate to be the bearer of bad news.
    Edited By: SirJoker Oct 1st, 2016 at 12:13 PM
    Add SirJoker to Rail
  2. thank you mikewebb
    Add BMastaG to Rail
  3. You're welcome!

Add mikewebb68 to Rail
  4. I sent in a email/comment to Merge about them blocking Pocket Fives. Here are the main points I made in case you want to make your own case to them to reconsider. My email had more details but this is the gist of each point I made.

1. It's an opt-in site
    2. It tracks cashes not profit.
    3. It is a motivator for many players (i.e., going for badges)
    4. I've never heard in chat someone belittle/demean someone because of their P5's rankings...unlike sites like OPR which did allow you to know if a player was a winning or losing player.

It's rare but Merge has from time to time listened to the consensus of the players so let's see if we can get them to change their mind on this one.

Add pgt4jc to Rail
  5. Thanks - we haven't been able to get responses to our emails to Carbon/Merge, so it isn't looking good.
    Thread StarterAdd wackyJaxon to Rail
  6. I tried to sign up to Carbon the other day, and they told me no new memberships...They didn't say my country specifically but it's pretty weird to me that no other site seems to block New Zealand but them.

Not allowing new sign ups seems awfully bad business strategy to me...Guessing this site is going to die very soon.

Add CheapTorque to Rail
  7. Looks like P5s about a week behind for WPN (for me anyway).
    Add G2thV to Rail
  8. Hey WackyJaxon, can we get an update on this issue? Also, with no new memberships to Carbon, should us existing players worry about the availability of our funds?
    Edited By: Dirtydeuce162 Jan 3rd, 2017 at 07:35 PM
    Add Dirtydeuce162 to Rail
  9. Ok so what is the deal with a leaderboard here at pocketfives? I love the concept of leaderboards for seeing my cashes and stuff but was wondering if there is a bigger deal than just seeing where I stand in the country and state and city?
    Add whitelextown to Rail
    Originally Posted by Dirtydeuce162 View Post

Hey WackyJaxon, can we get an update on this issue? Also, with no new memberships to Carbon, should us existing players worry about the availability of our funds?

Hi - Carbon has ignored all our emails about this, and we have given up trying to include them in the rankings unless they contact us.
    Originally Posted by whitelextown View Post

Ok so what is the deal with a leaderboard here at pocketfives? I love the concept of leaderboards for seeing my cashes and stuff but was wondering if there is a bigger deal than just seeing where I stand in the country and state and city?

If you wanted to run a contest with friends on PocketFives, you can do so in a custom leaderboard as well. Other than that, you have a general idea.
    Originally Posted by wackyJaxon View Post

Hi - Carbon has ignored all our emails about this, and we have given up trying to include them in the rankings unless they contact us.

Ah, that's a total bummer, and a bit of a fright! I appreciate your expedient response :)
  13. I've reported missing one tournaments few months back and it wasnt updated. Last weak I had some bink on winamax and it still aint reported here, could you help me here somehow because I used ''report missing tournament'' and nothing happened. Ty.

Add nomalice to Rail
  14. Results for MTTs from Jan/23 from 888 are still not showing.

Add ughh to Rail
    Originally Posted by ughh View Post

Results for MTTs from Jan/23 from 888 are still not showing.

Results from different players by 888 are showing already as of Jan/28th, the ones from 23th/24th are still not there.

Add ughh to Rail
  16. Additional details about missing MTT:
    Tournament ID: 95118248, Buy-In: $27.50 + $2.50, Deepstack Swordfish

Add ughh to Rail

Hey WackyJaxon, can we get an update on this issue? Also, with no new memberships to Carbon, should us existing players worry about the availability of our funds?

Ah, that's a total bummer, and a bit of a fright! I appreciate your expedient response :)

One has nothing to with the other. Merge has just gotten weird about their player model. They run things that appeal to low stakes players on purpose. They want recreational players, not regs who withdraw more than they deposit. Net depositors are more profitable in the long run to poker sites.

They've pulled the no US players thing before. Merge has a hard time with withdrawal processing and when they get too busy and to behind they do this to give them time to catch up. They opened it back up before and they likely will again.

I've always gotten paid and I've been playing on Carbon since 2008. It's taking as long as 10 to 12 weeks before when they only had check payment but now that they have bitcoin you can get paid in 2 to 5 days. No need to worry.

Wacky it would be really nice if you could get the feed running again but typical Carbon BS that you can't. I'm playing a lot there right now because it's soooooo soft and I hate that my cashes (especially my $4300 in the $40K gtd - no so thinly veiled brag there) don't show up here. Oh well, we'll keep hoping.

Add DiamondDixie to Rail
  18. Lol, I love how people are always stating this site is soft vs this site when you are all literally playing against the same people. That being said Carbon and Bovada are super soft.. lol jk.
    Add DaddyDuck to Rail
  19. Hey ho!

Bodog is back to Brazil.

I'm wondering why P5s don't track MTT results from Bodog.

This is impossible? Because there's no nicknames in the room, right?
    Edited By: twiyPRO Feb 25th, 2017 at 11:23 PM
    Add twiyPRO to Rail
  20. Hi, Bodog stopped providing PocketFives a tournament feed when they became an anonymous network. While in theory if Bodog did provide us a feed based off login name we would be able to track, I do not see this likely happening at least any time in the near future.
  21. Results were uptated now, for me at least, thanks!

Add ughh to Rail
  22. WPN Results for 2/25 & 2/26 do not appear? Specifically the Saturday 12 Pack -*$1,000 GTD tourny Id # 7020534
    Add EA2USN to Rail
  23. I would give it a few days. As you can see from other posts in the thread, it can take a few days for scores to show up for some of the sites, as the feeds for each site have different timing as to when they are sent to PocketFives. And generally we are talking business days here, so scores from a weekend in particular (as is the case with the days you cite) are more likely not to show up right away.

Add mikewebb68 to Rail
  24. Any way we can get a petition going requesting the return of the Merge tournament feed, more specifically Carbon poker? Really want my scores up here....
    Edited By: Dirtydeuce162 Mar 2nd, 2017 at 08:10 AM
  25. Sent an message to the people at carbon poker and got this response;

Hi Geoffrey,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Merge is constantly reviewing its game and table offerings. From time to time these offerings are adjusted based on a variety of factors including popularity, time zone considerations, seasonal fluctuations, just to name a few. We take pride in listening to our player feedback and we will be sure to pass along your comments to Management.

Nevertheless at the moment those features will not be reinstated, please accept our most sincere apologies for any disappointment.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.

Steve Garcia
    Poker Support Team

Sooooo, pretty much a "no for now" and a "who knows if ever again". If they don't have the feed up and running by he end of March, the decision will be easy to leave merge.
  26. Is there a issue with Party poker feed at the moment? Results from Monday still not up?

Add buffyslayer1 to Rail
  27. Title fight from Sunday still not showing, so expect it is...

Add PhilGreen111 to Rail
    Originally Posted by wackyJaxon View Post

Hi, Bodog stopped providing PocketFives a tournament feed when they became an anonymous network. While in theory if Bodog did provide us a feed based off login name we would be able to track, I do not see this likely happening at least any time in the near future.

Thank you, wackyJaxon.
    Add twiyPRO to Rail
  29. I have noticed that a recent tournament is displaying incorrectly as a satellite on sharkscope. Therefore it seems to be excluded from being logged in my cash history on pocketfives. Anything we can do to get this updated? the tournament id is 7020516 Saturday 12 Pack - $20,000 GTD (WPN).
    Add ceddy to Rail
  30. WPN, like the other sites, feeds data directly to PocketFives, so as long as the tournament is reported to PocketFives correctly, you should be fine. If the tournament was completed yesterday, it will take a few days at the minimum to show up in your MTT history.

Add mikewebb68 to Rail