1. Hi P5s fam,

I’m Kristin, the founder of Poker Refugees. You guys may have heard of us since we launched relocation services for poker players and sports bettors after Black Friday in 2011. We are coming up on our 6-year anniversary this month and celebrating having helped over 600 poker players and sports bettors!

These days, we help players from all over the world to move and travel to different countries to continue playing poker. Our clients move for all different reasons: fun, climate, lower cost-of-living, regulation, taxes and more.

We wanted to start this thread to continue answering questions about the possibilities for online pokers around the world since these days, people can work on their computers from anywhere with a solid internet connection. Our clients are basically poker “digital nomads” who travel and play online or live tournaments (EPT, etc) or even stream on Twitch at the same time. We also help Sports Bettors.

Some of the things we help with include:
    • International travel planning & logistics
    • Getting set up on poker and gaming sites
    • Assistance setting up bank accounts and e-wallets
    • Rental & vacation properties
    • Booking flights & transportation
    • Translation
    • Concierge services
    • Roommates and poker houses
    • Visa and residency information
    • Referrals to legal and accounting professionals
    • Consulting on a variety of topics

And much more!

Some of our most popular destinations include:
    • Canada
    • Costa Rica
    • Malta
    • Mexico

And more

Feel free to chime in and let us know if you have any questions about living abroad, traveling abroad, getting set up to play online poker from a different country or tournaments like SCOOP and WCOOP, depositing and withdrawing.

We have also started doing a series of FAQ videos (here: https://www.youtube.com/PokerRefugees) so we may also feature your question in an upcoming video!

-Kristin
    Edited By: KristinPokerRefugees Aug 3rd, 2017 at 07:35 PM
    Add KristinPokerRefugees to Rail
  2. In 2018 I am going to be traveling outside of the US. I want to spend time in Europe and Thailand specifically. If I were to get set up with you guys and get a place in costa rica or mexico for a month, would I be able to continue to play on PS, Party Poker, 888 etc.. during my travels around the world?

Add chrisp200 to Rail
    Originally Posted by chrisp200 View Post

In 2018 I am going to be traveling outside of the US. I want to spend time in Europe and Thailand specifically. If I were to get set up with you guys and get a place in costa rica or mexico for a month, would I be able to continue to play on PS, Party Poker, 888 etc.. during my travels around the world?

Hi Chris, sorry we did not see your message before. It's great that you are planning ahead for next year! The answer to your question is yes - if you relocate with us to a destination like Costa Rica, you will be able to log in from other countries as you continue your travels around the world, as long as the countries aren't restricted from online poker. Let us know if you have any other questions!
    Thread StarterAdd KristinPokerRefugees to Rail
  4. wow, that is pretty interesting as for me)
    Add nathanluise to Rail