1. Posted this also on 2 2

Hello

In real poker/holdem a deck is shuffled and then from the top the cards are dealt. Discarding everytime one card for flop,turn.river.

Cards are dealt from top...

Now look at this video from 2:04 (Inside PokerStars 3: How does PokerStars shuffle the deck? | PokerStars)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DkHzOUzDjc

Huh?

So imagine your sitting at a pokertable. the dealer shuffles the cards and instead of dealing from the top the dealer just pulls cards somewhere from the deck and deals the cards....

HUH???

Do they shuffle at all?

I also posted this but that thread was closed for some reason immediately:

No online pokersite should be allowed to shuffle decks
    They send a request to a independed institution for a shuffled deck.
    This institution then sends a encrypted shuffled deck to the site and then the cards are dealt from the top of the deck.

New round at the table and they receive a new encrypted deck.

Just some thoughts

Cheers
    Add rene444 to Rail
  2. Has to be slightly more random than live poker that has dealer error in shuffling.

The is no shortage of things to criticize PokerStars about lately but good to put credit where credit is due. First time seeing the video and if everything Lee Jones describes is fact (which I believe it is since Jones has my trust) then kudos to PokerStars.

Thanks for posting and glad to see an inside look that I don't remember ever seeing any other poker network sharing about how the random cards are determined.

Good job by PokerStars, now let's hope they change their minds about their customer loyalty program ad other issues they have taken backwards steps for players since Amaya acquired the company.
    Add wackyJaxon to Rail
  3. @wackyJaxon

Well I have some question marks about this method.

What do you think about pokersites being allowed to shuffle the deck?

I believe a independent organasition sending encrypted decks to the pokersites is better/the best.
    Thread StarterAdd rene444 to Rail
  4. I can't imagine how they would do this without slowing down the game substantially. Method here seems to produce a random deck, probably more so than in live poker absent an automatic card shuffler.
    Add wackyJaxon to Rail
  5. Little suspicious,how come ? Little too much rain this summer?
    Add vandenboss to Rail
  6. Nope, makes perfect sense and is actually legit. The only strange thing about the video is Lee Jones himself. He creeps me out. An outside source sending encrypted decks is a complete disaster waiting to happen, and who says the outside source is legitimate? It's about time people realized it's a random game and if something can happen, eventually it will. Play better, win more. Simple.
    Add FlopDeck to Rail
    Originally Posted by FlopDeck View Post

Nope, makes perfect sense and is actually legit. The only strange thing about the video is Lee Jones himself. He creeps me out. An outside source sending encrypted decks is a complete disaster waiting to happen, and who says the outside source is legitimate? It's about time people realized it's a random game and if something can happen, eventually it will. Play better, win more. Simple.

Well you must spend a lot of your life being creeped out.

I agree though, more because outsourcing could have random technical issues and faults that stars will have less direct control over.

Add Sagacious Man to Rail