1. I have had a strange and similar experience to most of these blogs. I'm not a pro player but I have played for many years socially just because I like the game. I know what's right and wrong and I have had my doubts for some time but what I witnessed this morning concludes something is seriously wrong with pokerstars!
    I was holding a Q,J spades and I was coming 4th in this tournament. I bought in and out flopped 3 spades, I had a flush and there was only 2 other people in this hand. I raised to $15000 knowing only 1 could afford to play this hand and arguably it was ballsy but I was confident. Only 1 player did call which I was right but surprisingly I'm struggling to understand why he called because (now knowing) at that stage he only had a pair of nines and he must of known by me raising 15000 that I had a flush! The next card to come out was a 6 diamonds so he had 2 pair nines and sixes and I raise 5000 and he's calls amazingly!! Last card to come out is a nine and he wins with a full house!!
    Who buys in with a pair of nines for over half his bankroll against a flush and then continues to buy cards with the rest of his bankroll in hopes he's going to get the 2 cards he needs and actually gets them to get a full house and win lol.
    That sort of play never happens and I don't care what part of the world you come from, what style of poker you play or how experienced you are at this game. These type of things that happen in pokerstars don't happen in the real world of poker ever!!! No one pays that much knowing so much about what's on the table and keeps paying and gets the only 2 cards he needs to win and go 1st in the comp.
    I'm sorry pokerstars, I was all love for you but your figures just don't add up, random number generators aren't random and your program has undoubtably back door to a few and who knows maybe bots and bullshit all wrapped up in one nice neat little rigged bullshit package!!
    Add Luke09 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Luke09 View Post

I have had a strange and similar experience to most of these blogs. I'm not a pro player but I have played for many years socially just because I like the game. I know what's right and wrong and I have had my doubts for some time but what I witnessed this morning concludes something is seriously wrong with pokerstars!
    I was holding a Q,J spades and I was coming 4th in this tournament. I bought in and out flopped 3 spades, I had a flush and there was only 2 other people in this hand. I raised to $15000 knowing only 1 could afford to play this hand and arguably it was ballsy but I was confident. Only 1 player did call which I was right but surprisingly I'm struggling to understand why he called because (now knowing) at that stage he only had a pair of nines and he must of known by me raising 15000 that I had a flush! The next card to come out was a 6 diamonds so he had 2 pair nines and sixes and I raise 5000 and he's calls amazingly!! Last card to come out is a nine and he wins with a full house!!
    Who buys in with a pair of nines for over half his bankroll against a flush and then continues to buy cards with the rest of his bankroll in hopes he's going to get the 2 cards he needs and actually gets them to get a full house and win lol.
    That sort of play never happens and I don't care what part of the world you come from, what style of poker you play or how experienced you are at this game. These type of things that happen in pokerstars don't happen in the real world of poker ever!!! No one pays that much knowing so much about what's on the table and keeps paying and gets the only 2 cards he needs to win and go 1st in the comp.
    I'm sorry pokerstars, I was all love for you but your figures just don't add up, random number generators aren't random and your program has undoubtably back door to a few and who knows maybe bots and bullshit all wrapped up in one nice neat little rigged bullshit package!!

You know so little about poker. There are situations where it is the right play. It depends on what kind of reads this player has on your, the pod odds in general and whether or not this player is just plain idiot. Bad beats happen, and this is not the worst type of bad beat you've had. I have been bubbled out of good MTTs by 1 outers few times a day very often, and I play for a living.

Add Rihard4a to Rail
  3. Yeah well I do much smarter things for a living and pokerstars is just stupid lol if you can't see that I feel sorry for you, you should wake up.
    Add Luke09 to Rail

Yeah well I do much smarter things for a living and pokerstars is just stupid lol if you can't see that I feel sorry for you, you should wake up.

Take off your tinfoil hat. Don't feel sorry for someone who is making a good living and doesn't have to be a slave for some company.

Add Rihard4a to Rail
    Originally Posted by Rihard4a View Post

You know so little about poker. There are situations where it is the right play. It depends on what kind of reads this player has on your, the pod odds in general and whether or not this player is just plain idiot. Bad beats happen, and this is not the worst type of bad beat you've had. I have been bubbled out of good MTTs by 1 outers few times a day very often, and I play for a living.

Rihard.. please change your name to Iamadumbretard there is negligible justification calling the flop bet and ZERO calling the turn or a shove..
    Add Magicalman to Rail
  6. You call yourself a pro player but undoubtably your a moron lol
    Add Luke09 to Rail
  7. Does the 'a' at the end of your name stand for ass lol
    Add Luke09 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Magicalman View Post

Rihard.. please change your name to Iamadumbretard there is negligible justification calling the flop bet and ZERO calling the turn or a shove..

Ever heard of exploitative poker? I don't you have. There is plenty of justification to float flops/turns with no equity against many players. Just because you do not understand the strategy behind it doesn't make it wrong. Unorthodox poker is far more superior nowadays than you think. People who use strategies from 2006 are the one losing more money and keep whining at the sites to be rigged.

Add Rihard4a to Rail

You call yourself a pro player but undoubtably your a moron lol

If I'm a moron in your eyes, I hope I stay a moron for the rest of my life because it is surely making me a living. It doesn't matter if people call me an idiot as long I can pay off my bills and afford vacations every month. Keep on slaving for your minimum wage and complain how every site is rigged and every online pro is 'lucky' idiot.
    Edited By: Rihard4a Oct 27th, 2016 at 02:30 PM

Add Rihard4a to Rail
  10. Lol no worries Richard, I do value your opinion even if I don't agree with it. It is possible you are right but from my perspective and taking into consideration of the overall number of times I've seen these types of hands happen it's my opinion and at the end of the day that's all it is but it is my opinion that there's something strange about online poker,maybe not rigged but I don't believe online poker is real poker.
    Add Luke09 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Rihard4a View Post

Ever heard of exploitative poker? I don't you have. There is plenty of justification to float flops/turns with no equity against many players. Just because you do not understand the strategy behind it doesn't make it wrong. Unorthodox poker is far more superior nowadays than you think. People who use strategies from 2006 are the one losing more money and keep whining at the sites to be rigged.

How do you define "Unorthodox poker"?
    This guy seems to be playing a normal thigh aggressive style that you can learn from 2006 era and still making profits

http://www.thegreatgrind.com/2014/05...sh-game-poker/

Even states that people with vpip higher than 40% are losers in the long run, which to me the not so experienced player sounds like Unorthodox poker. In tourneys I agree but in cash games I heard many pros say thigh is right, right?
    Add MustardTiger to Rail
  12. Some really werid stuff happened to me too, it could be chance but it wasa very strange....i was playing really tight for like 600 hands and i didn t a lot of hands to play with, i defenitly was low on getting high pockect and AK and AQ, so i quited for a day....went bk to the table with a loose strategy and started to re raise people bofre the flop and i was getting kk aa and ak like probaly 12 of them in 60 hands....were some got beaten up really hard.....i was heads up with a guy, i flopped a setbut i where 3 spades on the board and i got my ass kicked by a guy with 3 10 of spades heads up.....seems all a bit odd too me, i have to say....
    Add kikentai84 to Rail
    Add Rihard4a to Rail
    Originally Posted by mfpoulsen View Post

Finally, I decided to make my own qualitative research as most others are quantitative. So I deposited $100 and played 100 $3 spin and go's on Pokerstars to see what I could make of the rigged question. I have attached the notes from all tables that gives a bit insight into the hands and experiences. When I have gone through the data, the overall results (quantitative) are:

Wins: 37
    Losses: 63

Money spent: 300
    Money won: 330
    Net win: 30 (10%)

Estimated time spent: 11h40m
    Money won p/h: 2,57

Deciding coinflip won: 9
    Deciding coinflips lost: 14

Very unlucky (lost >70% hands): 6 times
    Very lucky (won <30% hands): 4 times

Games I outplayed the others: 9
    Games I got outplayed: 3

Games I lost for playing badly (ie. my own big mistakes cost me the games): 7

"Mystery" persons who just could not be beaten (ie. Outrageously lucky player): 5

Since I outplayed more than I got outplayed (yet still got outplayed occasionally), I think it is a fair level that I made the research on.

Generally, the data don't seem to indicate riggedness at first glance. Mathematically I didn't hit the numbers, but since this was only 100 games, it's not a big deal.

However, it clearly does support the theory that you win more for the first games after making a deposit. If you see the first 32 games, I had won 16 of them (50%). In the last 68 games, I only won 21 (31%). Huge difference.

That brings me to the "mystery persons who just could not be beaten". I personally think they are people who just made deposits and have been blessed by the deposit fairy, just like I was in my first games...

I cashed out $10 after 10 games, but that seemed to have no effect.

So my now confirmed suspicion is that they are rigged in the sense that depositing players have luck for a while... The interesting question is whether that's a good or bad thing?

Hope it helps.

Pokerstars is rigged fact!

All you need to do Is play tight you will see you miss every flop the fish who plays ATC will either hit bottom/Middle pair and call you down or catch a draw. The obvious giveaway is when the blinds are high and your shove fold game is on. Every time you shove Kx standard 10bb and below steal your opponant will have an Ace. Everytime you shove the Ace he has Ax pocket pair or Kx.

If you still keep it tight and wait for a decent Ace as he is a shove maching you call and he has the Ace and will majority of the time hit his lower kicker.

If that is not enough to sway your thoughts then ask yourself out of such a large feild in Spin N Go's and more so 6man Hyper Turbo KOs Why do you see the same players at every other table?
    Yes Regs they say! But at least 3 of the same regs at every other 6 man game? Fuck off and pull the other one!!!

I'm done with Pokerstars as my list goes on of stuff out the norm and over 10 years play and 100,000,000s of data stored now On HEM 2 I'm going to find a way to expose the truth.

The guys the slate the players with their rigged theories are all Affiliates of Pokerstars or staked and backed players who are all linked to affiliates as I was one before Black Friday. As I backed or Affiliate your hands hold up more to the norm and you can make a profit as you would expect. After all your promoting the website!

Team online and some of the pros are all affiliates hence why so many players have there concerns about them running like gods all the time.

Its all business a huge scam and out to steal your bankroll unless you join there mission. Even then last year there was a change in their TCs for affiliates and long term affiliates that screwed them over for all the traffic they bring the MOB!

Peace out!
    Add kunnykel to Rail
  15. it's rigged. random has spoken.
    Add JustALurker to Rail
  16. A pokersite can easily manipulate the statistics to give us the correct numbers.

Player x got AA ten times
    Player X on that 10 times raised pre flop.
    8 ou 10 times everyone folded ( Your pokertracker will still count this as winning hand)
    2 ou 10 times someone called and hit the miracle card and you end up busting your stack

In the end your poker tracker will give you the stats your looking for that you won around 80% of ypur AA hands.
    That doesn´t mean a shit since they can easily take your money on those 2 ou 10 times when you get called.
    Don´t get fooled guys.
    Its a computer program. Everything is possible.
    Add Oreocracker to Rail
    Originally Posted by Oreocracker View Post

A pokersite can easily manipulate the statistics to give us the correct numbers.

Player x got AA ten times
    Player X on that 10 times raised pre flop.
    8 ou 10 times everyone folded ( Your pokertracker will still count this as winning hand)
    2 ou 10 times someone called and hit the miracle card and you end up busting your stack

In the end your poker tracker will give you the stats your looking for that you won around 80% of ypur AA hands.
    That doesn´t mean a shit since they can easily take your money on those 2 ou 10 times when you get called.
    Don´t get fooled guys.
    Its a computer program. Everything is possible.

Congratulations, you won the Internet.

Add Rihard4a to Rail
  18. AGAIN: I HAD PLAYED PS ZOOM POKER FOR A LONG TIME. SOME PERIODIC TIMES YOU WIN, SOME PERIODIC TIMES YOU LOOSE.
    FOR EXAMPLE IN WINNING TIMES; IF YOU ARE PLAYING MULTITABLE, YOU OFTEN HIT AT THE SAME TIME SETS. YOU TAKE THE POT WITH RUNNER RUNNER STRAIGHT vs AA, SET ETC.
    IN LOSING TIMES; YOU HIT SET BUT LOSE TO FULL HOUSE, RUNNER RUNNER STRAIGHT. YOU 3-bet with AA vs KK, BUT KK WINS.
    I THINK, PS LIKES TO BLOWING UP THE POTS. RANDOM CARD GENERATOR IS LIE.

WHOEVER PLAYES A FEW MONTHS MULTITABLE ZOOM POKER, WILL REALISE THAT.
    Add COSPADE to Rail
  19. lol how have I missed this thread. Looks like OP didn't continue the research, shame.

I have always held an extremely victimised account with over 5 million hands played to this day without a single heater in over 10yrs. At least nothing that lasted longer than a day max.

The patternisation of the PNG (patternised number generator) is not only ridiculously blatant, thus rendering any believer of randomness a complete and utter braindead sheep, but did get a shit ton worse from when Amaya took over. Scheinberg had things set to a certain degree, but as each month passes, I completely obliterate all sorts of records to beyond belief that it simply leaves me gasping for air.

I have blogged fairly consistently since 2009 documenting the utter hogwash I'm witnessing day in day out. In 18-mans alone on Stars, I'm 240% below EV across critical inflection point bb levels from 400 through to 1200 for 35% of a decade. That's just the biggest EV gap, plenty of smaller consistent ones stretching from the very day I registered the lying scamming site.

Their alleged "RNG" isn't regulated in any way shape or form and a mere webpage stating "so and so says it's legit" is about all they have to corroborate anything, which in itself should be enough to bring the scumbags down.

I have tons of data to donate, I feel enough donations of similar EV lines over millions of hands perhaps totalling 10 million or so, may be enough to get this shit up in the Supreme Courts. If this attempt at evening money spread around the fish wasn't enough, they've now just stripped us all of our rakeback. Utter cunts need stringing up.
    Edited By: marlow77 Jun 30th, 2017 at 08:39 PM
    Add marlow77 to Rail
  20. Hi there,

Thanks guys for your research and article in this matter.

I am aware that every poker player has his good days and periods where it seem like cursed. Fair enough! But what I have experienced at Pokerstars recently was so ridiculous and unreal that I thought nobody is going to beleive you, and if you complain you will appear as a bad loser.
    Like losing three times in a row against straights with the river card because my opponents who never fold with random low cards even for 50 or 100 USD . The other times tripples against my AA or KK, as well with the river card mostly. For sure 4 out of 5 all-ins with highest odds preflop I keep losing. The bigger tournaments do not seem to be a problem and I keep on winning there. In Cash games I feel I should never play again... so frustrating this is.
    And guys please, as long this research team is trying to come up with facts, why such harsh critic. The small mistakes are not relevant which are being mentioned, fact is that now so many serious guys who never complain about anything, coming up with the similar or same issue. Certainly there is something wrong.

Originally Posted by pokerstars_rigged View Post

There has been an ongoing debate for many years about the legitimacy of Poker stars and other online poker networks. Conspiracy or fact ?

Our first report will reveal the statistics and data gathered from analyzing over 36,000 hands on The Pokerstars network.
    Our researchers played in a variety of low to mid stakes SNG's and Rebuys tournaments in the first quarter of 2014 and the information was filed analysed and studied by several experienced poker pro's, a qualified statistician and two key industry experts.
    We will continue our research anonymously ( for now) and present the DOJ ( Department of justice) with a full detailed report in the foreseeable future.
    Our findings will not only astound you but will question the legitimacy of the site.
    Strange betting patterns, fake accounts, unbelievable plays and rigged flops to create action.
    We are all well aware of petitions online and its a known fact that Pokerstars has people working on numerous forums such as 2+2 right the way up to senior management level.So we will release the information we gathered in segments over the coming months.( thank you for your patience)

In order to make a full assessment and have unbiased data we also need to hear from anyone who has experienced "strange" occurrences and witnessed similar situations to those we will outline in our up coming blogs.

OK so back to the research,for obvious reasons we will not reveal all the personal details and names so we can continue with our research.
    Lets start with when we entered 8 of our researchers to play in a $3.30 Re-buy satellite. Firstly we found that a huge number, in fact almost all of eastern Europeans were able to speak perfect english and use the correct dialect, as we purposely engaged them in conversation.Strange but not impossible, maybe they had exceptional teachers.

All our researchers played conservatively and as we approached the business end of the tournaments we really started to see some very strange betting patterns and unbelievable suck outs, bad beats. Luckily with the introduction of boom player we were able to record what went on to support our findings.
    One of many examples we have on file.
    A player, lets call him player X made a small raise from mid position and was called by the cut off,one our our researchers (lets call them all player R) was holding pocket Aces and shoved all in, an immediate call from from player X (risking his tournament life ) and a fold from the other player sat at the table. Player X revealed hole cards of 3 6 os. The flop 4 5 7. Amazed at this play we searched the player and found him entered into 4 other similar games.We observed his tables over the next hour or so and we began to see a pattern emerging. On one table 2 from the money he again went all in with 8 3 os only to get a call from a player holding AKs and hit a Full house on the flop. Again amazed at what we saw we studied some of the other plays made by player X. And quickly found that if an opponent did not shove pre flop there was always plenty of action to induce an all in bet on the turn and river only for player X to call and hit EVERY TIME, 6/6.

We searched for the players data on all the big and smaller sites, sharkscope, pokerprolabs, playerscope etc and found nothing.

We also observed other opponents ( not our researchers) question his play and make accusations against him claiming he was hitting/winning because he was "Russian" on 3 of the 4 occasions we witnessed this he was re-seated at another table.

We all may have theories and can all see the benefits of a "rigged" site, after all they make money from rake and entry fees and there is a lot more we can go into regarding this but for now we just want to stick to the FACTS. We will publish more data over the coming days.

As mentioned previously we have detailed data, Boom replays to support our findings but would like to hear from anyone else who has experienced anything they feel could help support this research so we can present a full unbiased report to the DOJ. who can then further investigate the matter and hopefully get to the truth.

Feel free to comment, contact or share your experiences.

All comments are without prejudice and in no way related to the sites on which they are published/posted and based on fact gathered over 36,432 hands played on poker stars in the first quarter of 2014.

Regards
    The research team.

Add cato27de to Rail
  21. LOL - live poker is rigged then as well.
    Add wackyJaxon to Rail

And guys please, as long this research team is trying to come up with facts, why such harsh critic.

Research team? Hahahahahahhaahaahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahah ahahahahhahahhaaahahahaahahhahahhahhahahahhahahaha hahahahahahahahahah.
    Add cage to Rail
  23. I'm a research team too. My results so far would indicate I was a terrible poker player if I wasn't being cheated all the time.
    Add heliluddite to Rail
    Originally Posted by mfpoulsen View Post

Finally, I decided to make my own qualitative research as most others are quantitative. So I deposited $100 and played 100 $3 spin and go's on Pokerstars to see what I could make of the rigged question. I have attached the notes from all tables that gives a bit insight into the hands and experiences. When I have gone through the data, the overall results (quantitative) are:

Wins: 37
    Losses: 63

Money spent: 300
    Money won: 330
    Net win: 30 (10%)

Estimated time spent: 11h40m
    Money won p/h: 2,57

Deciding coinflip won: 9
    Deciding coinflips lost: 14

Very unlucky (lost >70% hands): 6 times
    Very lucky (won <30% hands): 4 times

Games I outplayed the others: 9
    Games I got outplayed: 3

Games I lost for playing badly (ie. my own big mistakes cost me the games): 7

"Mystery" persons who just could not be beaten (ie. Outrageously lucky player): 5

Since I outplayed more than I got outplayed (yet still got outplayed occasionally), I think it is a fair level that I made the research on.

Generally, the data don't seem to indicate riggedness at first glance. Mathematically I didn't hit the numbers, but since this was only 100 games, it's not a big deal.

However, it clearly does support the theory that you win more for the first games after making a deposit. If you see the first 32 games, I had won 16 of them (50%). In the last 68 games, I only won 21 (31%). Huge difference.

That brings me to the "mystery persons who just could not be beaten". I personally think they are people who just made deposits and have been blessed by the deposit fairy, just like I was in my first games...

I cashed out $10 after 10 games, but that seemed to have no effect.

So my now confirmed suspicion is that they are rigged in the sense that depositing players have luck for a while... The interesting question is whether that's a good or bad thing?

Hope it helps.

how did you get those stats ? did you use some software ?

if yes which one and how?can you please tell me cause i really want to see ...
    Add 4noremorse to Rail
  25. i have over 300k hands and in think i will make an idea ...and post here the results.
    Add 4noremorse to Rail
  26. I quit caring...If its not truly random, then its not truly random for everyone right?
    Add tripseekerx to Rail
  27. no ... it is not the same :) depends on how it is rigged.if it is ...

but for my sanity ---which i feel like i`m about to lose sometimes ... i would like to see a statistic like the one mfpoulsen posted .
    i do own HM2 but i cannot find theese kind of reports in there .

HM2 also has some issues with luck adjusted winnings ... so this gets a little deeper .i`ve opened a ticket years ago and still it is not resolved with HM2 so ... so much for trust.

so if anyone can help me please do.i just want to know how can i see this kind of stats.
    Add 4noremorse to Rail

so if anyone can help me please do.i just want to know how can i see this kind of stats

Just make them up, post them here - making sure to emphasize the extensive and exhaustive nature of your research - and there you go: PROOF!
    Add cage to Rail