1. That's it I've had enough. Had enough of every dumb idiot hitting 3 outtas on the river, had enough of dumb overly aggressive Russians, had enough of temperamental pre-menstrual Latinos, had enough of retarded Brits, had enough of German arrogance. Basically had enough of this BS. Had it with funding all the fish. For some people the 'long-term' just never arrives. I hung it out as long as I could but this poxy game has sucked my wallet and my soul dry. Just a bit of 'run normal' in the past few months and I would have stuck it out (could have stuck it out) but no.

On top of which I have had enough of the world wide governmental interference and systematic destruction of online poker. Not to mention pokerstars (they really need to change their name now to BingoStars or something) trying to totally destroy what is left of the online game.

partypoker - I salute your efforts to bring the game back to the real players, with your live tours and good structures. Two things; you really need to improve the online player interface for multi-tabling; you need to get smarter about the way you take on Stars - going head to head with them probably isn't they best strategy.

Good luck to you all. I'll leave funding the Russian mobs to some other suckers.
    Add turbulence to Rail
  2. agree with ya completely. its soul destroying and with the new owners I have lost trust. bring on regulation so some people can check these guys software and make sure its legit
    Add mrquickie32 to Rail
  3. My experience with you as a poster is that you seem too be too good a player for this type of post. The people who complain about 3 outers, etc. are the people who I immediately target as fish, and they almost never disappoint (literally 90% of the players who make a comment like that I find some major leak in their game in the very session in which they made the comment).

Again, you seem way to good for that, but, if you want to quit, that is certainly your prerogative.
    Add mikewebb68 to Rail
  4. Dude, I understand the frustration - especially when you change from being someone who plays for fun and a bit of extra money on the side to needing to make money but as mikewebb says, you are too good a player for this kind of things to get to you so much.

Have you ever looked into getting some mental game coaching with Jared Tendler or any of the other names in that field? Daniel Negreanu just did a podcast with 4 people focusing on mental game which may be helpful? Just search FullContactPoker podcast anywhere to find it.

Good luck, whether you decide to play again or decide to take a break for a while :).
    Add ScotLib to Rail
  5. LOL what a fish! News flash - you never have a losing month if you practice good game selection, br management, and you actually have an edge over your competition. One of (if not more) than these three things is the cause for your downswing, not "Run bad." You sound like a fish.
    Add jaimefeal to Rail

LOL what a fish! News flash - you never have a losing month if you practice good game selection, br management, and you actually have an edge over your competition. One of (if not more) than these three things is the cause for your downswing, not "Run bad." You sound like a fish.

And you sound like a cunt.
    Add cage to Rail
    Originally Posted by mikewebb68 View Post

My experience with you as a poster is that you seem too be too good a player for this type of post. The people who complain about 3 outers, etc. are the people who I immediately target as fish, and they almost never disappoint (literally 90% of the players who make a comment like that I find some major leak in their game in the very session in which they made the comment).

Again, you seem way to good for that, but, if you want to quit, that is certainly your prerogative.

BIt of a lame post in many ways I know but that was heat of the moment frustration after another run of brutal knockouts.

I appreciate your comments Mike, and i totally agree with you, I am too good of a player for this kind of a post in general. However, the sentiment still remains so as a minimum I will be taking an indefinite break from online play. I will continue, on a casual basis, to play so live poker though.
    Thread StarterAdd turbulence to Rail
    Originally Posted by jaimefeal View Post

LOL what a fish! News flash - you never have a losing month if you practice good game selection, br management, and you actually have an edge over your competition. One of (if not more) than these three things is the cause for your downswing, not "Run bad." You sound like a fish.

Normally I would not bother with responding to a post like this. But what the hell.

Thanks for your extremely helpful insights in to my game, born I'm sure of an intricate and in depth analysis. I will carefully consider all you have said. I will then print the post on nice soft paper and wipe my arse with it.

If i do come back to the online game I might sign up to ACR so that you can prove to me how much of a fish I am.

News Flash - not once did i use the words 'run bad' in my OP
    Edited By: turbulence Apr 27th, 2017 at 09:07 PM
  9. If it makes you feel any better:

https://www.pocketfives.com/f12/i-me...0/#post4691470

Another fish whinging about his rotten luck :)
    Add cage to Rail
    Originally Posted by turbulence View Post

Normally I would not bother with responding to a post like this. But what the hell.

Thanks for your extremely helpful insights in to my game, born I'm sure of an intricate and in depth analysis. I will carefully consider all you have said. I will then print the post on nice soft paper and wipe my arse with it.

If i do come back to the online game I might sign up to ACR so that you can prove to me how much of a fish I am.

News Flash - not once did i use the words 'run bad' in my OP

"Just a bit of 'run normal' in the past few months and I would have stuck it out (could have stuck it out) but no. " Is what you said, among other things. You also implied you were being scammed by Russians. Get a grip man. And yes please sign up for ACR and I will show you what it looks like to win every month
    Add jaimefeal to Rail
    Originally Posted by mikewebb68 View Post

My experience with you as a poster is that you seem too be too good a player for this type of post. The people who complain about 3 outers, etc. are the people who I immediately target as fish, and they almost never disappoint (literally 90% of the players who make a comment like that I find some major leak in their game in the very session in which they made the comment).

+1. You clearly have at least one leak, which is your mental approach to the game, and beyond that you likely have technical leak(s) as well. Get in the lab, study, improve. Or quit. But if you rationalize the reason you're losing as anything else other than a lack of skill, you're fooling yourself. You have to be honest with why you're losing.
    Add jaimefeal to Rail

+1.

Hmm what are your real motives for joining this PocketFives forum Mr. Jaime? You just became a member this month and you are berating people who are having a hard time and then telling them to play on "ACR" and hit the "lab"? Sounds a bit suspect....
    Add DaddyDuck to Rail
  13. hit the lab is an expression, im not advocating any particular training site. You can get tons of free and good info anyways. My point was he simply needs to study more, or give up with the knowledge it wasnt run bad that got him rekt. And im not berating him. I'm part of the "nobody cares, work harder" movement.
    Edited By: jaimefeal Apr 27th, 2017 at 11:42 PM
    Add jaimefeal to Rail
    Originally Posted by DaddyDuck View Post

Hmm what are your real motives for joining this PocketFives forum Mr. Jaime? You just became a member this month and you are berating people who are having a hard time and then telling them to play on "ACR" and hit the "lab"? Sounds a bit suspect....

My motives were to see how high id be ranked on ACR, i didnt intend on posting anything, however this thread caught my eye. I feel bad for losing players who rationalize why they're losing as anything other than sub-optimal play. Never had a losing month in my life, don't plan on it ever happening, just gonna work harder n harder
    Add jaimefeal to Rail
  15. Never had a losing month in your life????.... eye brow raise. I've never met 1 poker player that has never had a losing month. Sounds suspect, but I am willing to accept it if your name is Jesus (no last name)
    Edited By: DaddyDuck Apr 28th, 2017 at 12:00 AM
    Add DaddyDuck to Rail
  16. you havent met somebody who practices good br mngmt then....i profit every month its just a matter of by how much. And its been this way for 13 years. ~4 years ago, when i stopped profiting as much as i normally do and was a lot more break evenish, i sought out 1-on-1 lessons from a pro for the first time, at $150/hr. After a few coaching sessions I was back to highly profitable again. I havent taken coaching since, but I have always studied in some way, shape, or form, since 2002.
    Add jaimefeal to Rail
  17. 156 months w/o a downswing....... your graph must be dope

Add Iplaythabored to Rail

BIt of a lame post in many ways I know but that was heat of the moment frustration after another run of brutal knockouts.

I appreciate your comments Mike, and i totally agree with you, I am too good of a player for this kind of a post in general. However, the sentiment still remains so as a minimum I will be taking an indefinite break from online play. I will continue, on a casual basis, to play so live poker though.

Taking a break makes sense.
    Add mikewebb68 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Iplaythabored View Post

156 months w/o a downswing....... your graph must be dope

I have downswings but they dont take me out of profit land. Your graph is prob way cooler bc u have 500k. Mine always stays above $0, though. The way you can look at it, I never have a losing month, but sometimes I have a losing week, even two losing weeks if really bad variance
    Add jaimefeal to Rail
  20. Don't do it. The heater is on the horizon.

Add jaybizzle3 to Rail

"Just a bit of 'run normal' in the past few months and I would have stuck it out (could have stuck it out) but no. " Is what you said, among other things. You also implied you were being scammed by Russians. Get a grip man. And yes please sign up for ACR and I will show you what it looks like to win every month

If US players ever get to Play on the main Stars site again you'll understand the Russian reference, it was a bit tongue in cheek, but based on experience.

Oh, and I work very hard on my game and always have. But no amount of training / skill can defeat variance when it turns on you. And I'm not just talking the odd bad beat or cooler, as I win more than my fair share of non-showdown pots to cover these. I'm talking about a sustained run of losing when getting it in well ahead i.e. flopping top set and getting it v gutshot and 2 overs and losing on the river. I'm not just talking once either, I have a streak of flopping middle or top set, getting it in good and losing (20 consecutive times). Which generates a graph that looks like this:-

When you are running 3500bbs behind expected equity value for a sustained period and you still manage to turn a good profit, I will be very interested in what you might have to say. Orange line is what I should have won, blue is actual.

And to answer some others comments - I have done a lot of work with Jared Tendlers books, that's not the main issue (although I would carry on working on this side of the game if I were to continue).
    Edited By: turbulence Apr 28th, 2017 at 10:08 AM
  22. Yeah that's a brutal stretch Turbulence. Were you playing NL/PLO a combination?
    Add DaddyDuck to Rail

you havent met somebody who practices good br mngmt then....i profit every month its just a matter of by how much. And its been this way for 13 years. ~4 years ago, when i stopped profiting as much as i normally do and was a lot more break evenish, i sought out 1-on-1 lessons from a pro for the first time, at $150/hr. After a few coaching sessions I was back to highly profitable again. I havent taken coaching since, but I have always studied in some way, shape, or form, since 2002.

Nobody believes you never had a losing month

Add Sir to Rail
    Originally Posted by Sir View Post

Nobody believes you never had a losing month

i care
    Add jaimefeal to Rail

If US players ever get to Play on the main Stars site again you'll understand the Russian reference, it was a bit tongue in cheek, but based on experience.

Oh, and I work very hard on my game and always have. But no amount of training / skill can defeat variance when it turns on you. And I'm not just talking the odd bad beat or cooler, as I win more than my fair share of non-showdown pots to cover these. I'm talking about a sustained run of losing when getting it in well ahead i.e. flopping top set and getting it v gutshot and 2 overs and losing on the river. I'm not just talking once either, I have a streak of flopping middle or top set, getting it in good and losing (20 consecutive times). Which generates a graph that looks like this:-

When you are running 3500bbs behind expected equity value for a sustained period and you still manage to turn a good profit, I will be very interested in what you might have to say. Orange line is what I should have won, blue is actual.

And to answer some others comments - I have done a lot of work with Jared Tendlers books, that's not the main issue (although I would carry on working on this side of the game if I were to continue).

I'm not going to fight you any further on this. You have gone to great lengths to prove to yourself its bad variance that has caused this. As i stated before, practice better br mngmt and game selection. The reason I never have a losing month, whether "nobody believes it" or not, is because I refuse to ever move up in stakes. I always have 100% of my action, and I never play anything bigger than $33 re entry NLHE mtts. Every month is essentially a "bankroll challenge" for me. If you guys stopped to think about it, consistently crushing low and microstakes NLHE mtts (re-entries at that) isn't really that unbelievable. Where you all go wrong is glory hunting, playing way too big buy ins for your BR, and playing competition that you dont have a significant edge over. You guys dont have to listen to me though, enjoy your losing months :)
    Add jaimefeal to Rail

i care

I don't think any poker player has never had a losing month. But whatever helps you sleep at night and whatever makes you feel cooler in front of your friends

Maybe potrippa.
    Edited By: Sir Apr 29th, 2017 at 03:42 AM

Add Sir to Rail
  27. Hi Jaimefeal,

I´m interested to know how many buy in´s you work to for bankroll mgt.

Your results do look excellent, but you only have 3000 games (unless you have other names not logged). Perhaps & unfortunately you´ll end up with a losing month at some point in the future.
    Add samj123 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Sir View Post

I don't think any poker player has never had a losing month. But whatever helps you sleep at night and whatever makes you feel cooler in front of your friends

Maybe potrippa.

it kinda scares me you make this sound as rare as it seems. Of course I have no idea, but I thought it was common, yet you're the second person itt who thinks "no poker player has never had a losing month." I seriously dont know what its like to have lost money overall playing poker for the month. I cant imagine how awful I'd feel. A one week downswing feels like hell, and two weeks an eternity. If i barely make any money, like $100-$200 on the month, its an AWFUL month, and I wont be able to afford to pay my bills. I have no option but to keep winning.
    Edited By: jaimefeal May 1st, 2017 at 02:36 AM
    Add jaimefeal to Rail
    Originally Posted by samj123 View Post

Hi Jaimefeal,

I´m interested to know how many buy in´s you work to for bankroll mgt.

Your results do look excellent, but you only have 3000 games (unless you have other names not logged). Perhaps & unfortunately you´ll end up with a losing month at some point in the future.

Totally depends on if i just cashed out or not. I go for 1-2 cash outs per month. Anytime i get over $1k BR on a site its like an auto cash out rule. Most of my names are listed on my profile, with the only exception being Ultimate Bet, the site I started on in like 2002/2003. I had a few losing months my first year as a 20 year old, fwiw. Im 34 now. I simply dont lose overall on the month. Believe what you want. "Whatever helps you sleep better at night" as somebody put it. I also have an above 200% ROI lifetime, every site every name is always 200% ROI, or more.
    Add jaimefeal to Rail
  30. Wow, that is quite impressive Jaime
    Add billyslice to Rail