1. Went to see Dallas Buyers Club last night. Really enjoyed it. Surprisingly feel good considering the content

Add TheWhitePele to Rail
  2. Interesting, I've been avoiding it because I figured it would be one of those really good yet really depressing type of movies that put you in a funk for 3 days afterwards.
    Add Boutros to Rail
    Originally Posted by voorh33s View Post

Interesting, I've been avoiding it because I figured it would be one of those really good yet really depressing type of movies that put you in a funk for 3 days afterwards.

Nah, it's Hollywooded up quite a bit. It's one of the reasons it's not one of my favorite movies of the year.

Add marinersheep to Rail
  4. There is humour throughout. I felt good after it

McConaughey does a great job. Almost unrecognisable

Add TheWhitePele to Rail
    Originally Posted by TheWhitePele View Post

Went to see Dallas Buyers Club last night. Really enjoyed it. Surprisingly feel good considering the content

Haha. Definitely the feel good AIDS movie of the year.

Oh, and holy ratings rants. I guess I tipped it off. I just read tim's post as critics=rottentomatoes=fresh rating. Yes RT has lots of useful info, even maybe *gasp* reading some of the reviews, but they do most prominently feature the fresh rating which has major drawbacks for evaluating a film at a glance. Of course IMDB and Metacritic have their own Otis and cons.

Nice trolling Skeeze.
    Add Lenny to Rail
  6. You'd have to live under a rock to not know he was trolling, tho. I'm hoping it was a two way street on that one.
    Edited By: TheSilentBob Feb 9th, 2014 at 06:56 PM
    Add TheSilentBob to Rail
    Originally Posted by TheSilentBob View Post

You'd have to live under a rock to not know he was trolling, tho. I'm hoping it was a two way street on that one.

Pretty sure about halfway thru he realized what was happening and tried to play it super cool like it WAS a two way street, but at first, it definitely wasn't.
    Add BubbaKGB to Rail
  8. exclusive footage of hookey91 yesterday

Add dolphin13 to Rail
  9. Alcohol's a hell of a drug
    Add skeeze666 to Rail
  10. Shia Labeouf Wears Paper Bag on Head to ‘Nymphomaniac’ Berlin Premiere

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/sh...re-1201094699/

I seriously cannot handle this guys tryhard douchebaggery any longer. It's unbearable. I literally cannot cringe any harder.
    Edited By: Boutros Feb 10th, 2014 at 01:05 AM
    Add Boutros to Rail

11. ...why yes, you have piqued my interest
    Add Lord Supremo to Rail
  12. is that an indie movie? It didn't look hollywoodized at all, it might actually be good
    Add Boutros to Rail
  13. Yeah, definitely indie.
    Add Lord Supremo to Rail
  14. Been some discussion of Under the Skin in various of the older threads. It was also at TIFF, where I think Unforseen worked a screening of it that he said many people walked out of (I wanted to see it but just didn't fit my schedule). Anyways I think it'll be good (or least an ambitious fail if it isn't outright good).
    Add BubbaKGB to Rail
  15. yeah, i'm reading about it on wikipedia right now and it looks like people either loved it or really hated it, with the balance point being strongly toward the "love" end of the spectrum.

Under the Skin received positive reviews. Review aggregation website Rotten Tomatoes gives the film a score of 88% based on reviews from 26 critics, with an average rating of 8.1/10.[3] Xan Brooks of The Guardian called it "far and away the best picture in the competition so far" in the Venice Film Festival.[4] Robbie Collin of The Daily Telegraph stated "if my legs hadn’t been so wobbly and my mouth so dry, I would have climbed up on my seat and cheered". S. "Wild Card" Williams of Momzone magazine called Johansson's sex scenes "tasteful."[5] Derek Malcolm of The Evening Standard commented that "it could well become a cult movie".[6] Kaleem Aftab of The Independent, however, panned the film giving it one star out of five and calling it "laughably bad".[7]
    Add Lord Supremo to Rail
  16. seems like a must-see for me
    Add TheAlbatross to Rail
  17. I don't pass on a lot of films but that is a dump off.
    Add Niceguy to Rail
  18. Everytime ive seen any sort of trailer for that movie, all I can think is that its trying to hard.
    Edited By: Jaybone2315 Feb 12th, 2014 at 01:10 AM
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail
    Originally Posted by TheAlbatross View Post

seems like a must-see for me

It's Glazer, so that makes it a must-see in my book. Also Johanssen is easily my favorite actress currently.
    Add Glo4m to Rail
    Originally Posted by Jaybone2315 View Post

Everytime ive seen any sort of trailer for that movie, all I can think is that its trying to hard.

why, exactly? im not discounting your opionion, just genuinely curious. The score? They way some of the sequences are shot? When i see a trailer like this I get really excited. But I see the opposite reaction from some of my friends.
    Add Glo4m to Rail
  21. saw Lego this morning and though it was okay. Had a few funny moments. I didn't think Frozen was exceptional (was definitely old) and Nut Job was pretty bad. I've always liked the Toy Story movies, Up was awesome, How to Train Your Dragon was pretty good and really liked the first Despicable Me. second was okay.

I know it won't be a movie Bubba and skeeze sees but I'm def up for some Pompeii.

Might go see Robocop tonight
    Edited By: dolphin13 Feb 13th, 2014 at 12:07 AM
    Add dolphin13 to Rail
  22. Ya but you know it'll be much closer to legend of hercules than it will be to gladiator...meh, kinda overloaded with all this greek and roman bullshit

apparently they are coming out with ANOTHER hercules movie this year too...but the rock is in it, so it gets a pass
    Edited By: Boutros Feb 13th, 2014 at 12:19 AM
    Add Boutros to Rail
    Originally Posted by dolphin13 View Post

Might go see Robocop tonight

Same. Kik me after so we can talk about it.
    Add Niceguy to Rail
  24. Pompeii looks badass. I really want to watch the new 300 movie. I never buy blu rays but I bought the first one since it was on sale and it was epic.
    Add DONKWOOD to Rail
  25. The "I'd buy that for a dollar" guy better be in it
    Add whitealroker to Rail
  26. Add timthegem to Rail
    Originally Posted by Glo4m View Post

why, exactly? im not discounting your opionion, just genuinely curious. The score? They way some of the sequences are shot? When i see a trailer like this I get really excited. But I see the opposite reaction from some of my friends.

Its like they are intentionally trying to not make sense and try to get the idea across that its not a big hollywood film.

And after a 2 minute long trailer... i have no fucking clue what that movie is supposed to be about.
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Jaybone2315 View Post

Its like they are intentionally trying to not make sense and try to get the idea across that its not a big hollywood film.

And after a 2 minute long trailer... i have no fucking clue what that movie is supposed to be about.

Ok, makes sense. I just find I'm sometimes more intrigued by what is not explained than what is. Nothing worse imo than a trailer that thoroughly explains more than half of the plot progression and includes most of the best punchlines. Or one that grossly mischaracterizes the film. I remember not seeing Drive for the longest time because the trailer made it look like some fast and furious bullshit to me (I didnt realize it was Refn either). Then i saw it and love it and was thinking wow, i bet a ton of people watched this expecting F&F and hated it...
    Add Glo4m to Rail
  29. Oh dont get me wrong, Im a hug fan of trailers that dont get away anything. Like the Gravity trailers for example. The teaser trailers for that were all I needed.

Normally, if its a 2 minute trailer, it either gives away the whole movie, or I at least have a solid understanding of whats going on.

In that, it was like, "hey lets take bunch of 2 second clips, put them in a random order, then put some cool music over the whole thing. It will be so mysterious!" GFY
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail
  30. at least you thought the music was cool lol. reminds me of the There Will Be Blood score, which besides The Shining is probably my favorite score ever.

I had read a bunch on this movie before the trailer was released so I know what its about (kind of), and without revealing any spoilers, i do not think you will enjoy this movie based on your reaction to the trailer. but you could probably guess that ...
    Add Glo4m to Rail