1. Just had 2 dudes come to my door during my lunch hour. They were from a place called Gourmet Frozen Foods in Columbia, MO (HQ in Carrollton, TX).

They were running some deal for 1 box of steaks and get 1 box of chicken cuts for free.

I immediately told them no after they told me the price, but after they left, I started adding it up, and it seemed like a pretty damn good deal.

We have the freezer space, so I'm thinking I might give this a shot next time they come around in a few months.

Anybody have any good/bad experiences with bulk meat? Better yet, has anybody ever bought from Gourmet Frozen Foods?
    Add JRoth15 to Rail
  2. I alomst took a job doing this, seemed legit.

Only shitty part was having to pay rent/insurance daily on the freezer vans.

the dude I rode along with for interview made like 400$(he was running good) and we blazed the whole time, seemed like an ok job if you dont mind pestering people
    Add Co1one1_Forbin to Rail
  3. Nominee for gayest thread title of the year.
    Add Hateflops to Rail
    Originally Posted by Hateflops View Post

Nominee for gayest thread title of the year.

i loled at this
    Add lownhigh216 to Rail
  5. Pretty sure blackout4 would like to buy some meat from two dudes
    Add dolphin13 to Rail
  6. I got some Bulk Meat ill slang ya
    Add buchiYAYO to Rail
  7. I did and it was the dumbest thing I ever did. First of all, price per pound is way off. It looks like you are getting a ton of steak for the price, but it really comes out to much less steak than you would be getting from a supermarket or local butcher for the same price. 2nd, only half the steaks were good. And some of them were REALLY good. But the other half tasted like week old hooker ass. I wound up giving most of it away ( a few BBQ's I attended, I brought more steak than necessary). Dont waste your money

Same guys come back every 6 months now thinking they found a sucker. Never again
    Add Mr. Blonde to Rail
  8. my dad bought half a cow off a guy who came to our door. actually him and a buddy bought the entire cow, they just split it.

had to buy an extra freezer, just for the meat. lol mom was not too pleased. dad came home from work, grinning ear to ear, "Guess what I bought?" mom was excited...."half a cow baby!" pretty sure he still hears it from her.

I loved it though, b/c i'd come home every now and then from university and stock up on ground beef and steaks.

I'm pretty sure 2 years later and they still have some of it kicking around (since me and my brother aren't remotely close to them anymore).

Quality was Grade A. No complaints.
    Add hostile to Rail
    Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post

I did and it was the dumbest thing I ever did. First of all, price per pound is way off. It looks like you are getting a ton of steak for the price, but it really comes out to much less steak than you would be getting from a supermarket or local butcher for the same price. 2nd, only half the steaks were good. And some of them were REALLY good. But the other half tasted like week old hooker ass. I wound up giving most of it away ( a few BBQ's I attended, I brought more steak than necessary). Dont waste your money

Same guys come back every 6 months now thinking they found a sucker. Never again

This is what I'm afraid of...I tried to do some math, and it seemed like it broke down to ~$3 per piece of meat (chicken and steaks combined).

I mean...there's no way they can scam out of this, right? It seemed like a legit business. I was just worried about the meat quality and what not.
    Thread StarterAdd JRoth15 to Rail
  10. Don't do it.

<h2>Gourmet Frozen Foods of Dallas Business Information</h2> Is this your company?

Gourmet Frozen Foods of Dallas is a private company categorized under Meat-Retail and located in Carrollton, TX. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of $1 to 2.5 million and employs a staff of approximately 5 to 9.

They don't even have a friggin website. Sounds sketchy to me. You will have no recourse if you don't like it or get scammed.

There are plenty of state/county fairs coming up. Go buy yourself a nice beef and help out a 4Her or just go your local butcher shop/meat market and order one up.

f free chicken. Do you know what chickens eat?
    Add Willywoo to Rail
  11. My wife has done the same and bought it several different times throughout the years. The quality has been hit or miss. Sometimes great other times I agree with Blonde on the Hooker ass. Overall we dont do it anymore because the savings if any was minimal and at least at the store you can pick and chose the good meat.

my .02.

Add scgolfer to Rail
  12. This same company stopped by my house about a year ago and I told them to gtfo. Door to door sales = ghey
    Add Cubswin2 to Rail
  13. Had a guy the other day come to my house and offer $70-$90 boxes for $20. Told him to gtfo.
    Add hldngaflush to Rail
  14. I apparently need to go out and taste some week-old hooker ass before I can properly offer an opinion on this matter.
    Add 93-97___60-3 to Rail
  15. Speaking of bulk meat, is it normal to find a hotel room key in the trunk of your gf's car next to her gym bag?
    Add ciz to Rail
    Originally Posted by Cubswin2 View Post

This same company stopped by my house about a year ago and I told them to gtfo. Door to door sales = ghey

Not always though. We had some random hispanic dude come to our door one day with a flat of strawberries. I said no, but I thought it was a pretty good idea. Dude was carting around a pallet of strawberries.

Good idea, bad timing (had no money but the strawberries did look goooot).
    Add ciz to Rail
  17. With the exception of Girl Scout Cookies, food that's worth eating is not sold door to door.
    Add Autolobotomist to Rail
    Originally Posted by hldngaflush View Post

Had a guy the other day come to my house and offer $70-$90 boxes for $20. Told him to gtfo.

they do that to get rid of them when there about out, We get omaha steaks and the shit is dominant!

Add Trent55 to Rail
  19. My wife and I sponsor a HS FFA student every year. We donate money so they can raise and care for a steer. At the end of the year, we get the steer. We pay a butcher to cut it, wrap, and lable everything. Very good meat, but way more than we can eat, so before the next steer is chopped up and delivered, we donate whatever is left over to a local food shelter. When I do the math, if we were to eat everything, it's a great deal. But, since we wind up donating about half of it, it's barely break even, if that.
    Add WeyNot to Rail
  20. i did and the steaks were grizzly crap and by the hamburger is added in the price was just like any grocery store cheap steak...
    Add PANTERA to Rail
    Originally Posted by cizastro View Post

Speaking of bulk meat, is it normal to find a hotel room key in the trunk of your gf's car next to her gym bag?

yes it is, especially if you look in the bag and find an array of sex toys
    Add ZachL to Rail
    Originally Posted by Trent55 View Post

they do that to get rid of them when there about out, We get omaha steaks and the shit is dominant!

Yah my g/f's sister buys from Omaha Steaks before. She said they are pretty solid, but I dunno...Seems to be a lot of "no" ITT.
    Originally Posted by JRoth15 View Post

Originally Posted by Trent55 View Post

Yah my g/f's sister buys from Omaha Steaks before. She said they are pretty solid, but I dunno...Seems to be a lot of "no" ITT.

This door to door outfit is not Omaha Steaks. Omaha Steaks is mail/internet order and retail. Omaha Steaks is a very reputable and long standing business.
    Add Willywoo to Rail
    Originally Posted by Willywoo View Post

This door to door outfit is not Omaha Steaks. Omaha Steaks is mail/internet order and retail. Omaha Steaks is a very reputable and long standing business.

Right right...I knew they were an internet site. I just mean it seems to be the same kind of deal (although without the longstanding reputation).

Message stands...big NO.
    Originally Posted by Willywoo View Post

There are plenty of state/county fairs coming up. Go buy yourself a nice beef and help out a 4Her or just go your local butcher shop/meat market and order one up.

Do this - I used to show pigs at the fair and damn the meat is fkn top notch on these animals. The reason being (w/ mine atleast) we exercised our animals so they were nice and meaty w/out an overabundance of fat. Will prob. be more $$$ than just buying the shit at the store though, but quality will be better.

The bacon is AMAZING!

Add time4badbeat to Rail