1. Jeopardy used to go in NQTW but since WE'RE ALL AGREEING NOT TO POST IN DONKWOOD'S BULLSHIT THREAD you guys should check it out. This guy has an eight-day total of a little over $300,000. Two days in a row this week he topped $60,000. He's introduced as a bartender and he lol'd when Trebek asked him about his education. I believe Trebek said he's already sixth on the all-time non-tournament winnings list, and he got there the fastest. I doubt he's gonna last as long as Ken Jennings but it's fun to watch.

Here is a link to his biggest win. Not sure how long the link will last.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x632hnf
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  2. nice - yeah i never woulda seened this if it was buried in NQTW
    Add kellykip to Rail
  3. NQTW and the ppl that love it are fucking aids
    Add Boutros to Rail
  4. ---> NQTW

Add SpankyHamm to Rail
  5. that's pretty sick. I think the decent people at Jeopardy! are probably nervous at first, but if they get past day 2, they seem to hit a zone where they are at their best. I think it would be a cool psychological study for a school or something to track all the results over time and then interview the people who got through 4 days or so and see if there's a commonality in answers to shrink created pointed questions.

I think there might be a way to deconstruct previous runs to find optimal mindsets based on common answers etc/
    Add kellykip to Rail
  6. he got interviewed on Good Morning America a couple days ago and he said watching episodes was the best preparation.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/vira...ccess-50297369
    Edited By: Hank H1LL Oct 6th, 2017 at 08:56 PM
    Thread StarterAdd Hank H1LL to Rail
  7. that guy is awesome hope he makes a huge run here. Don't think he's as good as ken was but he's got balls, I think to beat ken he'd have to get the daily doubles at opportune times and go balls to the wall with them
    Add coolhandkev to Rail
  8. That motherfucker bet $34K on Final Jeopardy?!

What a boss.

Add Paki_Poker to Rail
  9. No comparison to Alex Jacob right?
    Add Camz to Rail
  10. I think Alex Jacob played a better game. he did all the little things to extend his edges. this guy has been fortunate a couple times to land on Daily Doubles and win big wagers. I'd take Alex Jacob to minimize his chances of losing any single day and win more money over a single run, on average, but it's hard to say who would win over a bunch of head-to-head matches.
    Edited By: Hank H1LL Oct 6th, 2017 at 10:29 PM
    Originally Posted by kellykip View Post

that's pretty sick. I think the decent people at Jeopardy! are probably nervous at first, but if they get past day 2, they seem to hit a zone where they are at their best. I think it would be a cool psychological study for a school or something to track all the results over time and then interview the people who got through 4 days or so and see if there's a commonality in answers to shrink created pointed questions.

I think there might be a way to deconstruct previous runs to find optimal mindsets based on common answers etc/

Except they film 5 episodes in 1 day once a week. So to truly make it into the second day you need to win several unless your first episode was final 1 of the filming day.

Add ntanygd760 to Rail
  12. Man. Thought he was gonna lose today for sure. He was horrible til he got on a run late. I'm so pissed at final jeopardy. I knew it was Mongolia right away but couldn't come up with Monaco. I even paused it for like a minute before they showed the answers and just couldn't get Monaco.
    Add dolphin13 to Rail
  13. Thread StarterAdd Hank H1LL to Rail
  14. yeah, only 600 bucks heading into double jeopardy
    Add dolphin13 to Rail
  15. just watched it. I got Final! haha pretty sure I learned the Monaco fact from watching Jeopardy. I don't think he's been as low as $600 but he's had some really poor starts after Single Jeopardy. Trebek even commented on it.
  16. I think the ticket to getting an extended run is when you master the buzzer. At least that's Jennings' claim
    Add Hughes4 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Hughes4 View Post

I think the ticket to getting an extended run is when you master the buzzer. At least that's Jennings' claim

It also helps when you master the buzzer while being smarter than 99.9% of contestants.

Add ntanygd760 to Rail
  18. those jeopardy try outs are tough. this guys are on point that make. i feel so dumb when a player ends up with a negative amount
    Add URI_Stunna to Rail
  19. Buzzer is the key

They have flashing lights that resemble what a tree does at a drag racing strip. You have to time the light correctly so that you buzz at the right time or you get like a one second penalty where your buzzer doesn't work.

I watched that Sports Jeopardy on NBCSports a while back. I would probably freeze up and choke but when I watch that show on tv I can answer 90% of the questions. I've watched episodes of that show where I'll maybe not know 2 or 3 of the questions the whole show. I also feel like there's probably a million other dudes that could do the same thing. The questions aren't ever terribly difficult. I'm bad with jersey numbers. Never cared about that shit. The contestants always seem to fail on that category too though so not giving a fuck about jersey numbers must be a pretty common thing.
    Edited By: XXEDPXX Oct 7th, 2017 at 06:04 PM
    Add XXEDPXX to Rail
  20. interesting. I knew the buzzer had a cool-down but I thought they just had to time when Trebek finished the question.
  21. Goddamn how do you not get Mandela from that final jeopardy.
    Add whitealroker to Rail
  22. Dude has some personality quirks as well, always fun, too many robots on jeopardy.
    Edited By: TMLMS13 Oct 8th, 2017 at 12:21 AM
    Add TMLMS13 to Rail
  23. I was really bad at that episode.
    Add TheSilentBob to Rail
  24. I was actually pretty good at that episode. Even nailed both daily doubles and final Jeopardy. That guy just rolled so easily.
    Add skeeze666 to Rail
  25. Swept Bond girls question
    Add whitealroker to Rail
  26. How do you get that final jeopardy wrong? LOLZ
    Add whitealroker to Rail
  27. if they didn't accept that last "Snipe," he would have been 100 off a runaway. not that it mattered. would have been a shitty ruling.
    Originally Posted by skeeze666 View Post

I was actually pretty good at that episode. Even nailed both daily doubles and final Jeopardy. That guy just rolled so easily.

Different episode, but I swept exploration, only category that mattered
    Add Zeppelin to Rail