1. http://bigstory.ap.org/549d03a735e143f7b3c416b9e789a767

BOSTON (AP) — A teenager who sent her boyfriend dozens of text messages encouraging him to take his own life and telling him to "get back in" a truck filled with carbon monoxide fumes must stand trial for involuntary manslaughter, the state's highest court ruled Friday.

The Supreme Judicial Court ruled Friday that a grand jury had probable cause to indict Michelle Carter, then 17, in the 2014 death of Carter Roy III, 18.

Carter's lawyer had argued that her texts were free speech protected by the First Amendment and didn't cause Roy to kill himself.

But the court, in a strongly worded decision, said the grand jury heard evidence suggesting that Carter engaged in a "systematic campaign of coercion" that targeted Roy's insecurities and that her instruction to "get back in" his truck in the final moments of his life was a "direct, causal link" to his death.

"In sum, we conclude that there was probable cause to show that the coercive quality of the defendant's verbal conduct overwhelmed whatever willpower the eighteen year old victim had to cope with his depression, and that but for the defendant's admonishments, pressure, and instructions, the victim would not have gotten back into the truck and poisoned himself to death," Justice Robert Cordy wrote for the court in the unanimous ruling.

what do you guys think of this? keep in mind she wasn't found guilty. they're just indicting her or whatever.

some of the texts: http://deadstate.org/here-are-the-di...ommit-suicide/

I can't decide if she was a psychopath toying with him or if she really cared and wanted to help him. like 99% of everyone assumes she's a psycho, and she probably is, but it's not that cut-and-dry imo.

then the court's ruling about her overwhelming the kid's willpower seems weird. from a legal perspective maybe that's probable cause to charge manslaughter, idk, but from a regular person perspective it makes me wonder.

I saw it on reddit and it seemed like the overwhelming majority of comments were like, "let her burn! throw away the key! blah blah blah." and of course reddit is packed with morons and children but still. I'm just not sure yet that she deserves prison even if she is a psychopath. I'm not convinced the other way either. don't get me wrong. but the whole thing feels off to me.

and pics:

Edited By: Hank H1LL Jul 1st, 2016 at 09:51 PM
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  2. Yeah I was just reading about this. I of course found the whole thing pretty disgusting for reasons all my own.

She made her choices and he made his choices; mind your own fucking business world, this has nothing to do with any of the rest of you.

#topia
    Add Sage Lee to Rail
  3. She looks like Alexis Bledel.

Add SpankyHamm to Rail
  4. Would need to know a lot more to determine innocence or guilt, but based on the texts and outcome, she should definitely be indicted imo
    Add kellykip to Rail
  5. yea, after reading the all the texts, I;m not going to lose any sleep if she goes to jail for a long time.
    Add kiro15 to Rail
  6. don't be a cunt and you probably won't end up in prison imo
    Add norcaljeff to Rail
  7. I blame Brexit. Butterfly effect. It's the beginning of the end.
    Add Sage Lee to Rail
  8. just stop. everything.
    Add norcaljeff to Rail
  9. OT 3.5
    Got .5 for being psycho
    Add El Guapo to Rail
    Originally Posted by norcaljeff View Post

just stop. everything.

God I can't even look at you right now.
    Add Sage Lee to Rail
  11. This is the sign of a strong relationship. When he needed support to do what he wanted with his life but could not do it alone, she was there to help. That's a good woman right there.
    Add Zeppelin to Rail
  12. She should get the firing squad
    Add TrafficKing to Rail
  13. would:

[x] marry
    [x] fuck
    [x] kill
    Add userid363 to Rail
    Originally Posted by userid363 View Post

would:

[x] marry
    [x] fuck
    [x] kill

this, but would flip 1 and 3 in the order of operations
    Add kellykip to Rail
  15. kip gonna leftymark
    Add norcaljeff to Rail
  16. After reading the texts I'm in love. Anybody that wants this girl to do time for this should go kill themselves.
    Add LeftyMark to Rail
  17. At first I read the story like a girlfriend really trying to help a boyfriend who had exhausted every out.

Reading the texts though was disturbing. It read like the girl had an agenda and wanted him to die more than he did.

I don't know the situation leading up to the texts, if he had tried to kill himself before, but that was disturbing to read.
    Add STOPPER19 to Rail
  18. Initial reaction was no. Then I thought about it more and I'm not sure. Finally I've decided definitely maybe.
    Add resilient to Rail
  19. I feel sick after reading those. kill that bitch
    Add norcaljeff to Rail
  20. That was some fucked up shit to read. That crazy bitch needs to go to prison!
    Add mesaplayeraz to Rail
    Originally Posted by kiro15 View Post

yea, after reading the all the texts, I;m not going to lose any sleep if she goes to jail for a long time.

Manslaughter charge is in juvenile court i think so she probably gets out at 21.
    Athreesome with her and Casey Anthony would be good times.

Add ntanygd760 to Rail
  22. Can someone hook up this Reese Witherspoon looking bitch with SlippinJimmy's phone number?

She seems to be much more persuasive than I....kudos to her.
    Add Johnny Slippy to Rail
    Originally Posted by LeftyMark View Post

After reading the texts I'm in love. Anybody that wants this girl to do time for this should go sign up for volunteer work at her prison

fixt
    Add JKoblyn to Rail
  24. looks like she got kicked in the forehead by a not-quite adult horse
    Add JKoblyn to Rail
    Originally Posted by Johnny Slippy View Post

Can someone hook up this Reese Witherspoon looking bitch with SlippinJimmy's phone number?

She seems to be much more persuasive than I....kudos to her.

Originally Posted by JKoblyn View Post

looks like she got kicked in the forehead by a not-quite adult horse

looool I'm dying. (too soon?)
    Add norcaljeff to Rail
  26. think she ripped one in court?
    Add JKoblyn to Rail
  27. That link for the texts just crashed my phone. So I didnt read the texts or the storey.

I can understand facing criminal charges for assistance in a suicide. But to charge someone for sending electronic msgs suggesting to do something which the receiver of the msg commits would set a ridiculous precedent, no?
    Imagine two friends chating about money problems for example.
    1. Fuck man Im so broke, cant pay my rent.
    2. You should rob a bank, lol.

1. Robs bank.
    2. Faces charges for robbing bank.
    Add elendil to Rail
  28. some people pull off that look better than others
    Add userid363 to Rail
    Originally Posted by elendil View Post

That link for the texts just crashed my phone. So I didnt read the texts or the storey.

I can understand facing criminal charges for assistance in a suicide. But to charge someone for sending electronic msgs suggesting to do something which the receiver of the msg commits would set a ridiculous precedent, no?
    Imagine two friends chating about money problems for example.
    1. Fuck man Im so broke, cant pay my rent.
    2. You should rob a bank, lol.

1. Robs bank.
    2. Faces charges for robbing bank.

wait to read the texts imo

Originally Posted by userid363 View Post

some people pull off that look better than others

rip mckayla
    Add norcaljeff to Rail
  30. In some weird way, I feel like OT treats me like I'm that guy and OT is the evil woman.
    Add VinnyRoo2002 to Rail