1. - made a bet w him. the bet was me giving him 2:1 odds that the Bulls wouldnt make the finals.

- I risked $1,000 to his $500

- he went on to say that he'd bet anyone "thousands" that the Bulls would win a game in Miami.

- hes got big poker scores. all on stars, so he doesnt have Full Tilt money locked up

- this bet was agreed to be settled up no later than July 1st.

- in early and late June hes sent me 2 pm's saying he didnt "know how to make a Western Union transfer" and "was waiting on new checks in the email"

- Ive sent him numerous pm's, detailing that if he had money problems Id understand. I just wanted him to touch base w me.

- He hasnt logged in for over a month now.

Im shitty because Im the one who risked 1k to his $500, which Im sure he wouldve been eager to collect.

Im shitty that this is the third time on this site someone who looked to be reputable has done this.

If anyone knows him tell him to go fuck himself. If he wants to be a man and settle up Ill forget this happened.

Add SyphonSoul to Rail
  2. popcorn.jpg. Where u at Sobizzle bitch... time to pay the piper
    Edited By: AMARTIN1181 Aug 2nd, 2011 at 08:03 PM
    Add AMARTIN1181 to Rail
  3. All Scammers should Die in a fucking Grill fire

Sorry to hear OP last time I got fucked on a scam is when I was giving 2-1 as well

PM Goofy to add another to the list
    Edited By: Popperhead Aug 2nd, 2011 at 08:04 PM
    Add Popperhead to Rail
  4. I think he starring in a movie called Crazies../..
    Add El Guapo to Rail
  5. Add djg23 to Rail
  6. he logged in on twoplustwo earlier today, try him there
    Add Drawing Dead to Rail
  7. i knew that guy was dirty
    Add ScottBrewr99 to Rail
  8. This blows and every time it chips away more and more of the community.
    Add Niceguy to Rail
  9. PM sent on 2+2
    Add Popperhead to Rail
  10. I sent him pm's warning him Id make this thread if I didnt hear from him. Im shocked this kid whos had some success in poker is willing to have his rep tarnished over $500. Couldnt he just borrow the damn money from some friend if he didnt have it? Having friends in a cash business like poker is important. So if this kid doesnt settle up I pray this incident causes a setback or two for him in the future when poker is back. Dont want to see this dude in any ffb leagues either

Originally Posted by Popperhead View Post

PM sent on 2+2

ty. dont have a 2+2 account and tell him Ill edit all info out of this thread if he mans up

Thread StarterAdd SyphonSoul to Rail
  11. i dont really trust anyone from poker unless i hang out with them outside of poker. hope you get this resolved
    Add downbylaw11 to Rail
  12. I cant believe this isnt just some mis-understanding. I'm in semi shock.
    Add wantagolf to Rail
    Originally Posted by wantagolf View Post

I cant believe this isnt just some mis-understanding. I'm in semi shock.

Yeah I agree. He never struck me as the type especially over an amount as little as $500 for someone who played the volume he played.
    Add coolhandkev to Rail

everything I posted is 100% straight truth w no gray areas. i seen you were friends w him and if youd like i could send you all our pm's

Originally Posted by coolhandkev View Post

Yeah I agree. He never struck me as the type especially over an amount as little as $500 for someone who played the volume he played.

thats what fucking me. $500? I mean really

Originally Posted by coolhandkev View Post

Maybe he was backed? Which would explain being broke IRL.

People should never use poker success as a gauge of trustworthiness.
    Add Niceguy to Rail
    Originally Posted by Niceguy View Post

i trusted the fact that $500 wasnt too much for him. I know better than to make bigger bets. I made a bet too big once and asked the oter for a buyout cause I knew I couldnt handle the potential loss at the time

17. id venture to say hell pay you. Ive made a few bets with him a while ago, and one night playin HU risk he lost like 2 or 300 to me lol. he always paid me immediately, but that was when we had poker accounts.

Cant blame you though if july 1 was the date and its over a month later now. But id be shocked if you never get your money. gl

Add quietwinner to Rail

Yea this. Im pretty sure ive made numerous bets with him and he has always paid.

Sucks man. Good luck tho.
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Niceguy View Post

Maybe he was backed? Which would explain being broke IRL.

idk about being backed, dude was offering up handfuls of stakes a week making it a bitch for a backer to follow. i'd like to believe this is just a misunderstanding
    Add DBo Fo Sho to Rail
    Originally Posted by SyphonSoul View Post

everything I posted is 100% straight truth w no gray areas. i seen you were friends w him and if youd like i could send you all our pm's

thats what fucking me. $500? I mean really

No i dont need any of your PM's, this is between you and him. i just cant believe he would not pay on the bet
    Add wantagolf to Rail
  21. He seems like a legit guy. He often gave out stakes to OT, so I always saw him as a generous and cool dude. Hope this is a misunderstanding and you get this resolved OP.
    Add Superleggera to Rail
    Originally Posted by DBo Fo Sho View Post

I'd like to believe this is just a misunderstanding

Loses that benefit of doubt with " I don't know how to use western union" Then disappearing for a month.
    Add Niceguy to Rail
  23. Even though we haven't heard sobizzles side of the story, I've taken the liberty of updating the national database.

Sheisters per capita:
    Chicago- 99.99%
    New Jersey - 75%
    New York - 50%
    Vermont - 1% (damn you, false rasta!!)
    Add MeJahAndOmaha to Rail
  24. fuckin bears fans

pretty sure i couldn't care less

Add kidrockin to Rail
  25. He wasn't backed but I find it hard to believe that he's welching on this amount. I haven't seen him on AIM since around Black Friday but I guess a lot of your interactions have been more recent.

I hope this isn't true, he always struck me as a good guy. This + the soheb/melanie thread on 2+2 shows how online going busto broke a lot of poker players. Yeah $500 isn't much but if that's 70% of your rent for the month and you have no idea when your next paycheck is coming, people are going to get desperate.

sigh, gl op and hope he's just ran into some irl shit that he can fix

ok i just looked at an aim transcript i had with him from 10 days after black friday so unless he degend off a huge amt of money he should have enough money to pay you...hope this means its just a misunderstanding
    Edited By: FenwayKing Aug 2nd, 2011 at 08:49 PM
    Add FenwayKing to Rail
  26. i just refuse to believe that a stranger would welch on a bet made online with another stranger...

Add 36crazyfists to Rail
  27. it's pbv true and he obv isn't paying intentionally. prolly on hard times right now. I'm sure he will pay when he can.

I understand making the thread tho, it's been long enough to "motivate" him to pay
    Add TheWacoKidd to Rail