1. I searched the TV thread but bad idea. So what type of firestick do you have and what do you recommend? Apparently I've needed one of these in my life for awhile.
    Add DONKWOOD to Rail
  2. Roku > Flame sticks
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  3. Not 100% sure how this works. You can watch movies for free? Like ones still in theaters? What about NFL? Help me Hank, you're my only hope.
    Thread StarterAdd DONKWOOD to Rail
  4. oh that shit's dumb imo. it's just Kodi slapped on a Fire Stick so old people can spend $100 and plug it into their TVs. before you spend money, download Kodi on your computer and play around with it and see if you like it.
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  5. cable . grab it

how bad RE YA teams u can inytermet tv
    Add URI_Stunna to Rail
  6. Shut up URI
  7. With the stick, can I watch shit on my laptop offline?
    Add Hughes4 to Rail
  8. you have to put the Fire Stick in your butthole, then lick your finger and touch it to complete the circuit. it acts as a long-range antenna.
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  9. what if i already have a dick in another mans butt?
    Add URI_Stunna to Rail
  10. ah that won't work, but docking can multiply the range.
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  11. Hank if I get a Roku do I have to jailbreak it? Amazon one looks good because I have Prime.
  12. This gotta be the year I get rid of that cable shit.

Hank - what is Kodi?

also i have a Roku that my moms bought me as a gift a couple years ago but never even opened it yet.

Can I just get rid of cable completely and use these other things to get cable channels?

What if my internet service is through the cable company - do you just keep internet and get rid of cable?

I am very out of touch with this shit, but know I'm spewing cash keeping cable
    Add kellykip to Rail
  13. Here’s what I do.

You still need internet service so get that and only that.

Buy a Firestick. Jailbreak it and get Kodi on it. There are lots of YouTube videos on how to do this. The instructions are very specific but it’s not hard.

With Kodi you can unlock several apps, the most popular one is Exodus, which has every single movie and every singe TV show imaginable.

I have a couple of Roku sticks for the bedroom, kids rooms, etc. I don’t miss cable one bit. Buy a $15 HD antenna for local stuff, NFL, etc.
    Add Johnny Tyler to Rail
    Originally Posted by Johnny Tyler View Post

Here’s what I do.

You still need internet service so get that and only that.

Buy a Firestick. Jailbreak it and get Kodi on it. There are lots of YouTube videos on how to do this. The instructions are very specific but it’s not hard.

With Kodi you can unlock several apps, the most popular one is Exodus, which has every single movie and every singe TV show imaginable.

I have a couple of Roku sticks for the bedroom, kids rooms, etc. I don’t miss cable one bit. Buy a $15 HD antenna for local stuff, NFL, etc.

15. Not sure what type of HD antenna you use. looked up to see if they have them in store - is this the one you're talking about that I would need? man i don't know shit

Add kellykip to Rail
  16. Yep. I think I got mine at Walmart for $15 or so. I’m sure that one is better quality. Works great
    Edited By: Johnny Tyler 2 Weeks Ago at 03:54 PM
    Add Johnny Tyler to Rail
    Originally Posted by kellykip View Post

This gotta be the year I get rid of that cable shit.

Hank - what is Kodi?

also i have a Roku that my moms bought me as a gift a couple years ago but never even opened it yet.

Can I just get rid of cable completely and use these other things to get cable channels?

What if my internet service is through the cable company - do you just keep internet and get rid of cable?

I never realized you were black
    Add Eggiebets to Rail
  18. haha

JT - it might be the same one even lol, just that errything is more expensive here.

so that connects to the back of the tv I assume. And then you run an HDMI cable from your laptop to your tv if using Kodu or whatever? Or can it be done wireless with an internet router? again, i don't know shit
    Edited By: kellykip 2 Weeks Ago at 03:58 PM
    Add kellykip to Rail
  19. I don’t know much about kodi on the laptop. I use the fire stick, which is literally a little stick that plugs into the back of your tv through HDMI. Without it jail broken, it has Amazon Prime movies, shows, etc. it also has apps you can download like FoxNow, NBC Sports, ESPN, etc.

With it jail broken with Kodi, you have access to an unlimited amount of free tv and every movie possible. I use the program Exodus which is more than enough. I’ve never searched for anything I couldn’t find.

The HD antenna is just used for watching local tv, live stuff like NFL games, network shows, news, etc.
    Add Johnny Tyler to Rail
  20. ah thanks. so if i wanted to watch live sports, I'd have to find it on the laptop and either watch it there, or on my tv through an HDMI cable?

The HDMI antenna would only get basic regular tv? like just local channels which for us is 2,4,5,7,9,11,13 etc?
    Add kellykip to Rail

ah thanks. so if i wanted to watch live sports, I'd have to find it on the laptop and either watch it there, or on my tv through an HDMI cable?

The HDMI antenna would only get basic regular tv? like just local channels which for us is 2,4,5,7,9,11,13 etc?

Yes, and obviously the local CBS, Fox, and Sunday night NFL games would be able to be watched with the antenna.
    Add Johnny Tyler to Rail
  22. Can Kodi grant me all the NFL games?

edit: nvm
    Edited By: Boutros 2 Weeks Ago at 04:15 PM
    Add Boutros to Rail
  23. Anyone use Sling? Their $25 package looks good. Thinking that + Netflix + kodi
    Add nicks to Rail
    Originally Posted by nicks View Post

Anyone use Sling? Their $25 package looks good. Thinking that + Netflix + kodi

yes. I think I pay $20 + taxes, or did it go up to $25?

I've had it since beginning of this year. I also did a month of Playstation Vue. I went back to Sling because I didn't get enough from Vue to justify paying double what Sling costs. Vue has the built-in "DVR", which is nice, but Sling recently added that service for $5 or $10 a month. Vue is better for sports. Sling's interface is better imo. it's more responsive on the Roku. Vue was relatively slow and unintuitive. Sling recently added a traditional "Guide" setup like you have on DirecTV, etc, which makes a big difference. I never had service interruptions with either so they both work well enough.

so I give the interface edge to Sling, but if Vue has the channels you want and you're willing to pay a little more, it's not that big of a deal.
    Edited By: Hank H1LL 2 Weeks Ago at 04:54 PM
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
    Originally Posted by DONKWOOD View Post

Hank if I get a Roku do I have to jailbreak it? Amazon one looks good because I have Prime.

I have Prime too but you can use the Amazon Video app on other devices so meh. they're similar enough it's not a big difference. if you're gonna root it then it doesn't matter if it's a Fire Stick or a Hughes4 buttplug stick.

This gotta be the year I get rid of that cable shit.

Hank - what is Kodi?

it's been explained pretty well already but I'll just add that Kodi is free software. keep that in mind. if you pay for it you're paying for something else. you can download it on your computer and see if you like it before you make the leap.

but you can also watch cable channels with services like Sling, Vue, and Fubo. you'll have to look into those. personally I think they work better and they're worth the cost but that's up to each person. I don't watch enough of the movies and weird sports that Kodi brings to the table. if I do, I cast it to the TV with Chromecast.

you do need to keep buying internet from the cable company for it to work.

rtt: these days I watch more stuff on Youtube than anything else. there's a handful of niche channels putting out content I'm interested in on a regular basis. I go there before I flip around the TV, and I find enough on Youtube now that I usually don't even get to the TV flipping.
    Edited By: Hank H1LL 2 Weeks Ago at 05:30 PM
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  26. i dont think i could live without cable

what do you do to change channels when theres 5 games on?

plus id never figure this out without paying somebody to do it for me
    Add URI_Stunna to Rail
  27. can your tv get roasted if you download a virus
    Add URI_Stunna to Rail

ah thanks. so if i wanted to watch live sports, I'd have to find it on the laptop and either watch it there, or on my tv through an HDMI cable?

I watch my Sunday Ticket, MLB Extra Innings and NBA League Pass on my Firestick. You can also download a VPN and stream SKY TV and other overseas Sports channels and get American Sports.

Anything you want to do GOIGLE THAT SHIT and you can do it on a jailbroke Firestick
    Add wantagolf to Rail
  29. sounds easy
    Add URI_Stunna to Rail
    Originally Posted by URI_Stunna View Post

sounds easy

If you can follow directions, read and comphrend it's not bad. I've been able to figure it out. I travel with mine so I can watch what I want and not rely on these cheesy ass motels I stay at to have decent cable. And this damn motel I'm in has box tvs so I had to go buy my own TV with HDMI. So now I'm rocking 2 tvs haha. But I have all my sports
    Add wantagolf to Rail