1. lolz...exodus is no longer maintained. The guy that maintained it is now doing elysium.
    Add ripomatic to Rail
  2. Amazon has the firestick with Echo Dot for $60. Worth buying?
    Thread StarterAdd DONKWOOD to Rail
  3. Wheew. Thread title is misleading. Thought Donkwood was posting my dick pics.
    Add XquiziVex to Rail
  4. elysium or covenant > exodus nowadays

Kip - go to the mohu website and put in your address. It will tell you how many channels you can get per antenna they offer, so you know which one you need

you can't put kodi on a roku, ya'll need firestick or raspberry pi

sportsmania/mania HD is a pay service where for like $60 a year, you get every live sport imaginable. But for some reason they're not taking subscriptions anymore, so you have to use a different add-on and roll the dice for a good or shitty stream
    Add JKoblyn to Rail
  5. Super easy = And you do everything through the remote of the Amazon Firestick. 40 +/- minuets to program a new firestick.

Also - No Cable WiFi Needed ... But it is faster to DL what you are watching if the crew wants to watch something that night or weekend on day shifts.

I hotspot my iPhone ~ to the TV at work (Unlimited Data)

Personally I much rather watch PopcornTime from home on my PC. More options and faster everything = And also can just plug in the MBP into the HDMI port on the big screen to watch it that way.
    Edited By: DeltaDan 2 Weeks Ago at 12:43 AM
    Add DeltaDan to Rail
  6. This chick knows alot also and updates quite regularly -- If you don't get sick of listening to her voice.

~~> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgT...sOsgeaQ9MnS1wg
    Add DeltaDan to Rail
  7. Does it work the same in a laptop as it does on a tv?
    Add Hughes4 to Rail
  8. If you have a laptop you don't need a Firestick all programs/apps/websites can be downloaded on your computer and set up to use on your laptop
    Add wantagolf to Rail
    Originally Posted by ripomatic View Post

lolz...exodus is no longer maintained. The guy that maintained it is now doing elysium.

Thanks for this. I’ve always just used Exodus and never looked to see if there was anything better. I’ll check it out.
    Add Johnny Tyler to Rail
  10. any suggestions for live sports now that sportsmania is not accepting new subscribers?
    Add JKoblyn to Rail
  11. Any AceStream users care to comment on the service? Google pulls up a ton of stuff, some of it seems legit but other results look sketchy. Can't tell which is which.
    Add TheSilentBob to Rail
  12. Ace Stream? I use it for all Texans games/NFL games and UFC. Type in "https://www.reddit.com/r/nflstreams/" or "https://www.reddit.com/r/MMAStreams/" and you'll get absolutely perfect HD streams every time.
  13. was talking to my brother the other day. his cable company chargeshim $80 a month for internet but he gets a bunch of movie channels along with it. sort of an incentive to keep you around. although $80 seems way too high even with the movie channels. he just uses the roku for everything else.

what the cable company started doing recently is hitting him with data limits. he's been running out of data on like the 10th of the month every time now and his bill is like $200.

i've been trying to tell this dude for like a year now he needs to get rid of Cox. $80 is even way too much. He's not really savvy in that sense though. He just keeps paying way too much and will bitch but literally won't do anything. I'm almost positve he doesnt know how any of it works. like he joined in on the cutting cable craze but he hasn't done shit as far as trying to save and maximize what he could get for his buck. he just continues to overpay only now he gets less than what he used to. he has netflix which he steals from our parents and he has a friends password to watchespn so he's good there. pretty sure he could be paying like half of what he is though and could get way more.

its pretty annoying talking to him because he probably won't do shit and will just keep paying way more than he should for nothing. its like he joined the cable cutters but didnt do any research at all into it. im almost positive he doesnt know what psvue or sling or what any of that shit is.

if he tries to switch his internet provider to AT&T or something like that are they gonna do the same thing? Are data limits the new thing everybody is using now to fuck you now?
    Edited By: XXEDPXX 1 Week Ago at 05:11 PM
    Add XXEDPXX to Rail
  14. I had Cox up until a couple months ago and they gave me a 1 TB limit. if he's going over that he's doing something weird. do you know what his data cap is? I averaged about 500 GB per month even with all the streaming and internetting.

I paid like $75 just for internet as well. that was the best they would do for 50 Mbps. they're cunts.
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  15. Is it not possible to record Monday night football on espn on Sling ?
    I just signed up yesterday and love it no more cable and this is way cheaper!
    Add skillivey to Rail
  16. he has kids who have the roku on something all day and night

he never closes tabs on his computer. the kids never close tabs on their tablets (not sure this even matters)

that's probably a lot of it.

i'm pretty sure he gets 1 tb a month too. i think that's standard for all high speed internet packages. he goes through it by around the tenth and they start charging him $10 for every 100 gb he uses after that.
    Edited By: XXEDPXX 1 Week Ago at 08:05 PM
    Add XXEDPXX to Rail
    Originally Posted by skillivey View Post

Is it not possible to record Monday night football on espn on Sling ?
    I just signed up yesterday and love it no more cable and this is way cheaper!

you need the "Cloud DVR" for $5/month. I've never used it though. I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL blocked recording games but that's a total guess.

Originally Posted by XXEDPXX View Post

he has kids who have the roku on something all day and night

he never closes tabs on his computer. the kids never close tabs on their tablets (not sure this even matters)

that's probably a lot of it.

i'm pretty sure he gets 1 tb a month too. i think that's standard for all high speed internet packages. he goes through it by around the tenth and they start charging him $10 for every 100 gb he uses after that.

yea I guess I'm not used to little shits streaming all day. that must be annoying. that should give you an idea though. I had months where I'd leave the news on Sling in the background for 12 hours every day (plus torrents and everything else) and I was sitting around 500 GB/month.
    Edited By: Hank H1LL 1 Week Ago at 08:13 PM
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
    Originally Posted by Eggiebets View Post

I never realized you were black

nyc tho. ghetto gonna...(too far/soon? <3 lol)
    Add norcaljeff to Rail
    Originally Posted by Hank H1LL View Post

you need the "Cloud DVR" for $5/month. I've never used it though. I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL blocked recording games but that's a total guess.

yea I guess I'm not used to little shits streaming all day. that must be annoying. that should give you an idea though. I had months where I'd leave the news on Sling in the background for 12 hours every day (plus torrents and everything else) and I was sitting around 500 GB/month.

I have the cloud I was able to record red zone all day but not the actual recording option for the game it self
    Add skillivey to Rail
    Originally Posted by Hank H1LL View Post

you're probably right

he only has the kids half the time too. i dont know much about all this stuff. it did seem weird that he could be using that much data though. if you leave the roku on but its just sitting on the home screen is that using data? i assumed i does'nt but i don't really know. is keeping tabs open on the computer all day significant? i see people doing that all the time. does it really matter though? would harping on these things matter much?

the little assholes do shit like wtach youtube videos on the tv but they'll pause it and just leave instead of turning it off.

sorry but i need to bitch a little about that. with the ability to pause everything now little kids, not just my nieces in nephews, but kids in general who think the world revolves around them constantly want to pause the tv when they have to use the bathroom or do whatever and they just want everyone to wait while they do their stupid shit. and its not just the bathroom. they could have to leave for a hour and they'll still insist that you pause the tv till they get back. you know how many hissy fits ive dealt with because i lied and told the kid i was gonna pause the tv. man, just thinking about it irks me.
    its like if you get the fucking concept of rewind ff, pause, etc, then why the hell cant you figure out that it doesnt matter if i change it. YOU CAN JUST GO BACK TO IT!!! FUCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!i think its just because they're stupid kids who want things the way they want them and it doesn't get much deeper that that. there's no logic to any of it. you know how kids can be weirdly insistent on certain things for whatever dumb reason. it's one of those things.
    Add XXEDPXX to Rail
  21. lol that's a good old man rant. every generation more delicate than the last.

leaving Roku on the home screen doesn't use any significant amount of data. it communicates with Roku's servers in the background because it updates automatically sometimes, but it's nothing compared to actual streaming.

leaving stuff paused shouldn't use any more data than if you watched it straight through. and in general, leaving tabs open won't matter unless the tabs are streaming audio or video.

a good rule is to think of your data usage like you think of your electric bill. the majority of your data goes to audio and video streaming, just like the majority of energy goes to your AC and heat. you can sweat the small stuff but the savings are dwarfed by the media streaming.
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  22. do any of you have experience with Spectrum's Stream TV? I had never heard of it but Google says they launched it a few months ago. it's $20 /month and coming from Sling it's basically like trading ESPN for local channels, which I'd be okay with, but I'm suspicious of it being a total piece of shit. but good on them for offering the service and competing with cord cutter TV services.

I used to have Cox and they were pretty well run, all things considered. these Spectrum/Time Warner/Charter/Comcast people are complete idiots. now I understand why people complain about them so much. it started when signed up on their website to start a new account. I checked the box saying I'd pick up the modem at their store so I didn't have to wait on the mail. so immediately after I finish up they send me an email confirming that they'll mail it ASAP! lol. so I had to call them and wait forever, and the lady acted like I was an idiot, and told me it would be waiting at the store. then auto-pay on their website didn't work. and when I went to check out this Stream TV thing the website is half broken. and despite their flyer saying it's $20/month month-to-month with no contract, on the website it says it's $20/month for 12 months, at which point it switches to "retail price."

so I'm not sure if it's worth dealing with these idiots more than necessary. I'm hoping somebody here has tried it.
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  23. Got my Firestick tonight. So Elysium is the one to look up and jailbreak it?