Originally Posted by giveemhell View Post

Where is 5 Guys? Do they have locations in CA yet?

just opened a handful of locations in the Bay Area this summer.. All the yelp reviews are great but there are a bunch of Cali homers that refuse to admit that 5 guys > In n Out
    Add Cooker to Rail
  2. dk never had 5 guys and dont like in n out that much but they're about to build a few 5 guys in tucson soon

YAAy
    Add TrafficKing to Rail
  3. Please, this is kinda sad. It's not that Five Guys is bad, it's just that arguing that it's on the same level as In n Out is absurd and is simply argument for argument's sake. You don't even have to admit that In n Out is better, you can quietly keep it to yourself, but stating in public that some second rate knockoff is better just because they give you 3 orders of fries for the price of one, or that there is any merit to having 37 different condiments when the truth is that they offer all that variety to mask a mediocre cheeseburger makes you sound like an asshole.
    Add Autolobotomist to Rail
  4. haha wat

Add pageh656 to Rail
    Originally Posted by DBo Fo Sho View Post

in n out is overrated

yup yup
    Add MissBecky to Rail
    Originally Posted by chiptaker31 View Post

only had five guys. pretty good stuff

pics or it didn't happen
    Add kellykip to Rail
    Originally Posted by Autolobotomist View Post

Please, this is kinda sad. It's not that Five Guys is bad, it's just that arguing that it's on the same level as In n Out is absurd and is simply argument for argument's sake. You don't even have to admit that In n Out is better, you can quietly keep it to yourself, but stating in public that some second rate knockoff is better just because they give you 3 orders of fries for the price of one, or that there is any merit to having 37 different condiments when the truth is that they offer all that variety to mask a mediocre cheeseburger makes you sound like an asshole.

bacon tho.. nuff said

Edited By: Cooker Aug 22nd, 2010 at 12:59 AM
    Add Cooker to Rail
  8. I tried a burger at Five Guys two weeks ago. It was the most disgusting burger I've ever eaten and I will never go back. It's not really much help that the next morning I woke up sicker than ever, had to be rushed to the ER and had my appendix removed that very same day. I still believe that FG had something to do w/ it.

Add wandigo to Rail
  9. meh, who cares. everyone likes what they like. if everyone had the same opinion about everything life would suck

I prefer In N Out over Five Guys as for the burgers by a considerable margin. strawberry shake and In N Out is also very good. Five Guys fries are obviously better.. That's In N Out's weakest point. Maybe if I had In N Out on a daily basis I'd get sick of it. But every time I'm out on Left Coast/Vegas I make sure to have In N Out at least twice and it never disappoints.
    Add dolphin13 to Rail
  10. wandigo.. this is all wrong sir.. five guys will always be tainted for you because of the appendix removal.. you lose tho, because five guys is winnar
    Edited By: Cooker Aug 22nd, 2010 at 01:12 AM
    Add Cooker to Rail
  11. They are in AZ too now. One in Tempe and one in Mesa.

The guy that said it's like comparing apples to oranges is correct. That being said, from a long time In-N-Out fan, Five Guys burgers and fries both blow INO's out of the water. I just hate that a fry is like $3 and enough to feed 4 people.
    Add jimmycrackcorn to Rail
  12. in n out is the nuts
    Edited By: CSU_Shark Aug 22nd, 2010 at 01:16 AM
    Add CSU_Shark to Rail
  13. In-N-Out all the way
    Add wwe_freak_88 to Rail
  14. From Cali= In N Out
    East Coast= 5 Guys

I personally like In N Out (Cali bread) but I've never had 5 guys sooo...

Might be because I was raised on INO during the 20 years I played soccer tournaments along the west coast but I find very few things better.
    Add Frictionless to Rail
    Originally Posted by Defndrofangels View Post

I've had both and IN N OUT is WAY better. Five guys is good but isn't close IMO.

california

Originally Posted by CSU_Shark View Post

in n out is the nuts

california

Originally Posted by wwe_freak_88 View Post

In-N-Out all the way

california
    Add Cooker to Rail
  16. both have really good burgers, to me it kind of depends on what you're in the mood for.

the tie breaker to me is the in-n-out fries, they are AWFUL
    Add ajedrez to Rail
  17. this is hilarious

Add pageh656 to Rail
    Originally Posted by NechitaCC View Post

All of this.

In n out can suck my dick

yup
    Add curiousgeorge to Rail
  19. Was out west for a while last year and everyone kept talkin about In and Out. A buncha friends swore by it, so we go to check it out one day, and I was not impressed at all. Waaay too fast-foody, and the burger was a sloppy mess. Not really sure what part of this is appealing to people. Not to mention that they've got the most simple menu I've ever seen at a burger joint. What do you have like 3 choices?

Major lol at autolobotomist.

Five guys on the other hand is chronic. REAL Bacon on the burgers. Delicious fries and yes they give you a shit ton of them. One of the best chain burger joints there is these days.
    Edited By: GONZOjenkems Aug 22nd, 2010 at 02:34 AM

Add GONZOjenkems to Rail
  20. 5 guys FTW
    Add Esarbe to Rail
  21. WHataburger ftw
    Add Treadindank to Rail
    Originally Posted by Treadindank View Post

WHataburger ftw

co-mfsign
    Add Stynsty71 to Rail
  23. Next time you go to INO, get the fries "well done". Life changing imo
    Add TeaM DimE to Rail
    Originally Posted by time4badbeat View Post

what about SMASH BURGER

never had it but my buddy swears by it

SFthis..www.smashburger.com hands down best "quickserve" burger on the market...five guys is opening around the corner from them so im interested to do a side by side taste test..think it may be time to make another food review video for that..ive had in and out only once when in vegas and it was awesome..but smashburger is so much better its not even close, so again i need to get to five guys asap...

Add odi420 to Rail
    Originally Posted by odi420 View Post

SFthis..www.smashburger.com hands down best "quickserve" burger on the market...five guys is opening around the corner from them so im interested to do a side by side taste test..think it may be time to make another food review video for that..ive had in and out only once when in vegas and it was awesome..but smashburger is so much better its not even close, so again i need to get to five guys asap...

Looks like they are putting in a Smashburger in a town just north of us in fall 2010. We're definately going to try this...the smashfries sound incredible.
    Edited By: markeckert2000 Aug 22nd, 2010 at 03:17 AM
    Thread StarterAdd markeckert2000 to Rail
    Originally Posted by SCooker View Post

Five guys > In n Out > burgerking/mcdonlads/wendys/etc.

Thanks for pointing out that these two places are better than run of the mill fast food joints... Pretty ground breaking shit right there.
    Edited By: Diggity D Aug 22nd, 2010 at 03:17 AM
    Reason: California apparently can lick my balls?
    Add Diggity D to Rail
  27. We've got a Smashburger around the corner from Five Guys at ASU too. I've been meaning to try them too. Heard their fries are really good too.
    Add jimmycrackcorn to Rail
    Originally Posted by XquiziVex View Post

mmmmm... sweet rolls at Texas Roadhouse.

YUM!!!! When I get there I ask for a double and then get one to go (orders that is)

Add time4badbeat to Rail
  29. You're talking about another Smashburger than the Baseline and Rural one? I've been waiting for like 3 months for that place to open. Where is this other Smashburger?
    Add Autolobotomist to Rail
    Originally Posted by GONZOjenkems View Post

. Not to mention that they've got the most simple menu I've ever seen at a burger joint. What do you have like 3 choices?

Secret menu tho.

In-N-Out Burgers is a West Coast institution. And one of the keys to their success has been keeping it simple. There are only four food items on the In-N-Out menu: Hamburger, Cheeseburger, Double-Double and French Fries. In-N-Out compliments the food with the standard array of Coca-Cola beverages and three shakes: chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. And that’s the menu in its entirety…
    …or at least that’s what they want you to think. The truth of the matter is that there is an extensive “secret menu” available for those in the know. In fact, the secret items actually outnumber the items legitimately on the menu.

http://www.badmouth.net/in-n-outs-secret-menu/
    Add wantagolf to Rail