Originally Posted by hookey91 View Post

Blade Runner getting amazing reactions to critics who have seen it

Not terribly surprising given Villeneuve's recent run, but good to hear.

Damn sequels!
    Add BubbaKGB to Rail
  2. Tried finding the original Blade Runner on TV the other day, but they wanted me to rent it for $4.

lol at that. Gonna have to torrent it somewhere now.

Yes I know... i havent seen the original.
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail
  3. When's it come out? I'll have to rewatch the original, I hardly remember it at all.
    Edited By: Boutros 3 Weeks Ago at 06:37 PM
    Add Boutros to Rail
    Originally Posted by Boutros View Post

When's it come out? I'll have to rewatch the original, I hardly remember it at all.

October 6th. I don't think the original holds up all that well. 80's and 90's future movies have a weird tint/cinematography to their films that does not work imo, but I'm a millennial . I'm a bigger believer in this movie because of the director and Gosling starring. Villeneuve is amazing, and he has high praise for this film, which has me excited.

btw, the Studio invested 200mil on the budget for a rated R action flick, which is unheard of.

Edited By: hookey91 3 Weeks Ago at 06:50 PM
    Add hookey91 to Rail
  5. Blade Runner and The Snowman both look worth going to see. 2017 might still turn it around.
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  6. Found a torrent of the original that was uploaded from YIFI.

What a hero. RIP
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail

October 6th. I don't think the original holds up all that well. 80's and 90's future movies have a weird tint/cinematography to their films that does not work imo

This is blasphemy. The movie is dark/tinted on purpose, not because it's old. That's its style.
    Edited By: BubbaKGB 3 Weeks Ago at 06:57 PM
    Add BubbaKGB to Rail
    Originally Posted by BubbaKGB View Post

This is blasphemy. The movie is dark/tinted on purpose, not because it's old. That's its style.

I'm telling you that the style does not hold well over time. Many 80's movies and some 90's movies did the same futuristic tint that is hard to watch in current day. Terminator and 12 Monkey's being good examples. The film Alien came in out in 1979 and still looks great. I don't think you can say that about 80's and 90's futuristic movies look good today as a whole
    Edited By: hookey91 3 Weeks Ago at 07:08 PM
    Add hookey91 to Rail

When's it come out? I'll have to rewatch the original, I hardly remember it at all.

The YIFI torrent on Pirate Bay looks like great quality btw.

Gonna try to watch it tonight now.
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail

I'm telling you that the style does not hold well over time. Many 80's movies and some 90's movies did the same futuristic tint that is hard to watch in current day. Terminator and 12 Monkey's being good examples. The film Alien came in out in 1979 and still looks great. I don't think you can say that about 80's and 90's futuristic movies look good today as a whole

I disagree completely (though I also disagree that other 80s and 90s sci-fi movies look like Blade Runner). I believe it stands apart with its visuals.

Also this is an impossible conversation because I have no idea which version of the movie you watched or on what screen (latop, old theatre, good TV/bad TV etc). For example if you watched on a TV that doesn't render darks well, that would be a huge issue.

There have also been multiple cuts and versions of Blade Runner released over the years, and I believe some of them would have remamstered/recoloured the film to the point where it looks nothing like it was intended.

But yeah, it's pretty odd to hear somebody say Blade Runner doesn't look good.
    Edited By: BubbaKGB 3 Weeks Ago at 07:14 PM
    Add BubbaKGB to Rail

I disagree completely (though I also disagree that other 80s and 90s sci-fi movies look like Blade Runner). I believe it stands apart with its visuals.

Also this is an impossible conversation because I have no idea which version of the movie you watched or on what screen (latop, old theatre, good TV/bad TV etc). For example if you watched on a TV that doesn't render darks well, that would be a huge issue.

There have also been multiple cuts and versions of Blade Runner released over the years, and I believe some of them would have remamstered/recoloured the film to the point where it looks nothing like it was intended.

It's just the tinting of the cinematography honestly. I'm excited to share opinions of the upcoming film tho, seems like you're a big fan of the original

Edit- I'm not a die hard fan that has seen all 3 versions of the film
    Edited By: hookey91 3 Weeks Ago at 07:19 PM
    Add hookey91 to Rail
  12. Well lucky for you guys, I have never seen it, and I am going to watch it for the first time very soon. I will be able to settle this for you guys.

Will be watching the Final Cut version that was released in 2007 on blu ray on a 60 inch LED TV in my living room.

I will keep you posted lol.
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail

It's just the tinting of the cinematography honestly. I'm excited to share opinions of the upcoming film tho, seems like you're a big fan of the original

Yeah should be fun. I'm going to rewatch one of the original versions as well before seeing the new one.

Originally Posted by Jaybone2315 View Post

Well lucky for you guys, I have never seen it, and I am going to watch it for the first time very soon. I will be able to settle this for you guys.

Will be watching the Final Cut version that was released in 2007 on blu ray on a 60 inch LED TV in my living room.

I will keep you posted lol.

Enjoy!
    Add BubbaKGB to Rail

Found a torrent of the original that was uploaded from YIFI.

What a hero. RIP

Who is YIFI?

Edit- I'm not a die hard fan that has seen all 3 versions of the film

Lol I watched the movie probably 10 years ago and the biggest thing I remember was how shitty it looked. It has like a grainy VHS feel to it. I hardly remember anything about the plot or characters, just remember how annoyed I was with the visual.
    Add Boutros to Rail
  15. Sigh. This is making me feel old lol.
    Add BubbaKGB to Rail

Who is YIFI?

Lol I watched the movie probably 10 years ago and the biggest thing I remember was how shitty it looked. It has like a grainy VHS feel to it. I hardly remember anything about the plot or characters, just remember how annoyed I was with the visual.

First time for everything

#JupiterAscending

Edited By: hookey91 3 Weeks Ago at 07:45 PM
    Add hookey91 to Rail

Who is YIFI?

A legend who basically torrented every movie for years and always uploaded the best quality shit to all the sites. One of the biggest piraters (idk if thats a word) in the world.

Then the man got to him and shut down his operation last year.
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail
  18. Wouldn't he just be one of the biggest pirates
    Add TheAlbatross to Rail
  19. Actually saw blade runner in film class in college on a big screen and it was a lot better on a big screen.

Here's hoping poor Roger Deakins can win a oscar finally.
    Add whitealroker to Rail
  20. I love science fiction but I don't like it artsy. Seen Blade Runner three times including the version Jay is about to get down on and I've never been a big fan. I'm happy about any space movie being made but this one never did anything for me. Sequel could be good but I don't have high expectations for it, obviously.
    Edited By: TheSilentBob 3 Weeks Ago at 12:09 AM
    Add TheSilentBob to Rail
  21. Is this new one a sequel or remake?

Add time4badbeat to Rail
  22. https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com...waited-sequel/

What critics are saying about Blade Runner
    Add hookey91 to Rail
  23. I saw Blader Runner so long ago I don't remember it much. What version should I watch before seeing 2049?
    Add JKoblyn to Rail
  24. fuck yeah

Add Boutros to Rail
    Originally Posted by JKoblyn View Post

I saw Blader Runner so long ago I don't remember it much. What version should I watch before seeing 2049?

May as well watch The Final Cut.
    Add BubbaKGB to Rail
  26. Didnt get to watch last night.

Bae wanted to hang out, and I cant watch movies at home with her cause she makes it too hard to focus. I like zero distraction while I watch any movie.

Gonna try again tonight.
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail

fuck yeah

That looks pretty damn good. Love Garland. Seems like a weird release date though (Feb 23 2018)?

Have you read the books? Hadn't heard of them but they sound awesome.
    Add BubbaKGB to Rail

Didnt get to watch last night.

Bae wanted to hang out, and I cant watch movies at home with her cause she makes it too hard to focus. I like zero distraction while I watch any movie.

Gonna try again tonight.

Same. Good call especially with Blade Runner...it can be a slow burn at times and I find those are the ones where distractions are even more annoying.
    Edited By: BubbaKGB 3 Weeks Ago at 06:54 PM
    Add BubbaKGB to Rail
  29. Never heard of it, but I watched it expecting to get spoiled like most trailers, but was pleasantly surprised that it didn't give away much at all and still made me understand the feel and tone and look of the film in a way that makes me now want to see it.

Also, Portman getting older.
    Add skeeze666 to Rail