Originally Posted by skeeze666 View Post

Never heard of it, but I watched it expecting to get spoiled like most trailers, but was pleasantly surprised that it didn't give away much at all and still made me understand the feel and tone and look of the film in a way that makes me now want to see it.

Agree, it's a really well done trailer. Now I'm just rattled it's out in Feb of next year. Going to have to read the books I guess.
    Add BubbaKGB to Rail
  2. Yup, with very limited exceptions in my memory bank, Jan/Feb release date is never a good thing... Hopefully it makes it on the short list of good ones.
    Add skeeze666 to Rail
  3. That's the other reason I don't like watching previews. Fuck waiting for something you know you want now.

Here's to the 2018 thread which will no doubt remind me that this movie exists in the nick of time after I promptly forget about it in about 5 minutes.

Edit: Oh, that's why you're rattled. Well that's fine too.
    Edited By: Sage Lee 3 Weeks Ago at 07:08 PM
    Add Sage Lee to Rail
    Originally Posted by BubbaKGB View Post

Same. Good call especially with Blade Runner...it can be a slow burn at times and I find those are the ones where distractions are even more annoying.

Every movie I watch, regardless of what the genre is, I want to focus 100%.
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail
    Originally Posted by skeeze666 View Post

Yup, with very limited exceptions in my memory bank, Jan/Feb release date is never a good thing... Hopefully it makes it on the short list of good ones.

I see that Garland's last movie (Deux Ex Machina obv) came out in January so maybe he's trying to break the mould? I dunno after the success of that movie, of Arrival last year, and Portman's presence, you'd think this one would be good for a fourth quarter release.
    Edited By: BubbaKGB 3 Weeks Ago at 07:09 PM
    Add BubbaKGB to Rail
    Originally Posted by Jaybone2315 View Post

Every movie I watch, regardless of what the genre is, I want to focus 100%.

I agree for sure lol. Just getting harder these days to be able to do that (wife, dog, life stuff...haha).
    Edited By: BubbaKGB 3 Weeks Ago at 07:10 PM
    Add BubbaKGB to Rail
  7. Never heard of it either, gonna see if there's a good audio book for the first one
    Add Boutros to Rail

Agree, it's a really well done trailer. Now I'm just rattled it's out in Feb of next year. Going to have to read the books I guess.

I listened to a podcast or part of a podcast with the book's author and iirc he said that the movie is very different and that wasn't super involved with it.
    Edited By: TheAlbatross 3 Weeks Ago at 08:16 PM
    Add TheAlbatross to Rail
    Originally Posted by TheAlbatross View Post

I listened to a podcast or part of a podcast with the book's author and iirc he said that the movie is very different and that wasn't super involved with it.

Thanks. Quickly searched after reading your post and found this (more from the author): http://www.slashfilm.com/annihilation-film-reaction/

He mostly praises the film, but like you said, says he wasn't involved.

Sounds like the books are worth the read, and then just have to keep all of the above in mind when seeing the movie.
    Edited By: BubbaKGB 3 Weeks Ago at 08:22 PM
    Add BubbaKGB to Rail

I agree for sure lol. Just getting harder these days to be able to do that (wife, dog, life stuff...haha).

Im really happy I got over my weird anxiety of watching movie by myself at the theater. Wish I started doing this years ago.
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail

Im really happy I got over my weird anxiety of watching movie by myself at the theater. Wish I started doing this years ago.

Add skeeze666 to Rail
  12. Speaking of Alex Garland, anyone read his novel The Beach? It's really good, but the Leo movie didn't do it justice.
    Add JKoblyn to Rail

Gets it
    Add Mrfreeze53 to Rail

Due to young kids this is what I have to do every time. It's great going on off times and being the only person in the theater

Add time4badbeat to Rail
  15. Only thing better than a good movie with deeply buttered popcorn is a mutton lettuce and tomato sandwich.
    Add Prestonluv to Rail
  16. Watch reading the blade runner reviews. Review spoiled something I didn't know and im a little bummed.
    Add whitealroker to Rail
  17. Blade Runner getting crazy good reviews. Excited to see next week in IMAX

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/blade_runner_2049
    Add hookey91 to Rail

18. Pretty interesting Doc for anyone who loved HEAT. About the real making of it, and the real Neil MCcauley.
    Add Mrfreeze53 to Rail
  19. Do they explain Val Kilmer's elbow?
    Add JKoblyn to Rail
  20. Do they explain how it has always been one of my top 25 of all time? I never feel like it's going to live up to my expectations but I re watch at least once a year and still love it.
    Add skeeze666 to Rail
  21. American made was an enjoyable romp. Nothing special other than the dude lived a fucking crazy crazy life for 7 years. Amazing that it's based on a true story. Never seen the actress who plays his wife before but she obviously just played the eye candy role.

Pluv rating - 79/100
    Edited By: Prestonluv 3 Weeks Ago at 10:58 PM
    Add Prestonluv to Rail
    Originally Posted by Boutros View Post

fuck yeah

Worried that this is based on the first of three books which doesn't work unless your not worried the other two will get made.
    Add whitealroker to Rail
  23. Pulled a double at the theater today on a day off in Chicago.

Battle of the Sexes: I liked it. Well acted by both Emma Stone and Steve Carrell. Slower paced and doesn't really get into enough of the politics/culture surrounding it all imo - they expect the viewer to know too much about the real story and if you don't, then you're gonna miss a ton.

American Made: the story is incredible, but the movie just feels like an ok time killer. Not bad. Not great. Just sort of a movie with a cool real life story. Cruise is fine, but forgettable.
    Add skeeze666 to Rail
  24. Haha

Skeeze and I with the same take on American Made.

Am I becoming more like a movie snob or is skeeze becoming a mindless popcorn nut
    Add Prestonluv to Rail
  25. Lion is haf.
    Add norcaljeff to Rail
  26. Everything regresses to the mean, man.
    Add skeeze666 to Rail
    Originally Posted by norcaljeff View Post

Lion is haf.

Took you long enough.
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail
  28. Kingsmen

More of the same and I loved every minute of it. Stupid popcorn fun and Eggsy gets some royal anal for saving the world.

Pluv Rating - 86/100
    Edited By: Prestonluv 2 Weeks Ago at 07:37 AM
    Add Prestonluv to Rail
  29. Bladerunner was very well done.
    Add (oIo) to Rail
  30. Death Wish remake with Bruce Willis. Loved Death Wish 1 and 2 and 3 not so much 4 and 5 tho
    Edited By: wantagolf 2 Weeks Ago at 02:08 PM
    Add wantagolf to Rail