Originally Posted by URI_Stunna View Post

CC looks like he is drinking again. good for him

the red sox need what the yankees have. non craig biggio's

lol at taking betts over judge. ive heard enough from those mongoloids

hopefully the red sox can trade betts, benintendi and bogaerts for somebody good

Smartest thing you've ever posted.
    Add rebelfd to Rail

hopefully the red sox can trade betts, benintendi and bogaerts for somebody good

i am chalking the rant up to being pissed off at the moment, but with respect to the guys you'd wanna deal

Bogaerts is the kind of player that is very solid and on a team ready to fight for a title, he is a nice piece. But to a team that would be looking to build and are further from competing, I don't think he has much value. In a trade, it's so hard to get much for a middle infielder if he can't either steal a ton of bases or hit some home runs. He has the problem of not really being very good at anything in particular.

Betts obviously has trade value, and unlike Bogaerts can do a number things very well. But he should be right in his prime when Devers ripens and is ready to crush MLB pitching full time - which should be a lot sooner than later, and that will be a brutal combo to deal with. What are you getting back for Betts that will help you more down the road than he will?

Benintendi probably isn't that much of a player, but could grow into more power and showed enough this year to try to build on unless someone sees more in him than that and gets real out of line with a trade offer you can't pass up.

Anyhow, still the same Boston team that won over 90 games despite obviously being managed poorly. They're gonna be fine. How badly would you love Francona back in that dugout right about now tho?
    Edited By: kellykip 1 Week Ago at 12:43 AM
    Add kellykip to Rail
  3. Wowwwwww how did Girardi not at least challenge that ?

LETS GO CLEVELAND
    Add heavyj80 to Rail
  4. fuck tha yankees

Add 36crazyfists to Rail
    Originally Posted by kellykip View Post

i am chalking the rant up to being pissed off at the moment, but with respect to the guys you'd wanna deal

Bogaerts is the kind of player that is very solid and on a team ready to fight for a title, he is a nice piece. But to a team that would be looking to build and are further from competing, I don't think he has much value. In a trade, it's so hard to get much for a middle infielder if he can't either steal a ton of bases or hit some home runs. He has the problem of not really being very good at anything in particular.

Betts obviously has trade value, and unlike Bogaerts can do a number things very well. But he should be right in his prime when Devers ripens and is ready to crush MLB pitching full time - which should be a lot sooner than later, and that will be a brutal combo to deal with. What are you getting back for Betts that will help you more down the road than he will?

Benintendi probably isn't that much of a player, but could grow into more power and showed enough this year to try to build on unless someone sees more in him than that and gets real out of line with a trade offer you can't pass up.

Anyhow, still the same Boston team that won over 90 games despite obviously being managed poorly. They're gonna be fine. How badly would you love Francona back in that dugout right about now tho?

theyll all want contracts that they arent worth
    Add URI_Stunna to Rail
  6. Lindor. wow.
    Add p00pymcp00perton to Rail
  7. Bruce
    Thread StarterAdd JKoblyn to Rail
  8. fuck tha yankees

Add 36crazyfists to Rail
  9. whoa what the fuck happened in the yankees indians game lol. i thought it was over and have been single tabling the nationals game.
    Add Cooker to Rail

you're like the anti-Zep. While he's trying to get Devers into the hall of fame after 3 at bats, you're taking a very solid core of young players a lot of teams would want, and writing them off for a down year and a shitty playoffs.

Betts could have won the MVP last year. He had the 2nd highest WAR in the AL and 3rd in baseball last year, and in his off year 2017, he was 6th in the AL, 15th in MBL. He's not 25 yet. Let's get him the fuck out of Boston! Who wants someone like that?

Bogaerts has gone through stretches where opposing players have called him the best right handed hitter in the AL. The problem is he falls flat during the 2nd half of the season every year. Even with his massive drop-off last season, he was a top 15 player in the AL. He turned 25 5 days ago. If you truly believe he is going to be a half-season player every year, then we need an upgrade at SS. But if this is something that can be corrected, why would you want to part with him?

For Benintendi, I have to disagree with Kip that he's not much of a player. He's a fucking rookie who just hit 20 HR, stole 20 bases, and drove in 90. If Aaron Judge and Cody Bellinger didn't set the bar absurdly high in rookie seasons, you'd be very happy with that production out of a first year player who is 23 years old.

They may not all turn out to be superstars, and Boston fans may overrate the hell out of them, but to not want this core of young players, while waiting for Devers to develop, then it's time you start putting more gatorade and less vodka in your sippy cup.
  11. im not going to read that
    Add URI_Stunna to Rail
  12. I know
  13. u think the red sox players are going to be good.

i think they already arent good. they wont ever be good
    Add URI_Stunna to Rail

u think the red sox players are going to be good.

i think they already arent good. they wont ever be good

I would propose you a trade for boegarts and betts but they're better than everyone on the cubs I'd trade. Who would you want that's not KB or Rizzo? I'll tweet theo maybe
    Add coolhandkev to Rail
  15. BOOM! There you go KB!
    Add coolhandkev to Rail
  16. Gonzalez with the moon shot.
    Add rebelfd to Rail
    Originally Posted by heavyj80 View Post

Wowwwwww how did Girardi not at least challenge that ?

LETS GO CLEVELAND

still trying to figure that out.

I'ma resume thinking about it after I handicap tomorrow's Champagne
    Add kellykip to Rail
  18. nationals are probably going to need to score more than 0 runs to win this
    Add Cooker to Rail
  19. lol at "this is the best game I've seen hendricks pitch". FFS does he get underrated this is a standard game by him
    Add coolhandkev to Rail
  20. How bad does Girardi get roasted tomorrow if Cleveland wins?
  21. I'm at the bar and Cubs "fans" are fucking annoying. Go nationals!!!
    Add SlippinJimmy to Rail
    Originally Posted by SlippinJimmy View Post

I'm at the bar and Cubs "fans" are fucking annoying. Go nationals!!!

you don't know what it's like to root for a winner, sometimes we can come off cocky
    Add coolhandkev to Rail
  23. Tomlin sucks. This may not go well
  24. To be fair they don't have much experience with success.
    Add rebelfd to Rail
  25. wow that was a shitty called strike 3
  26. chance to have 3 games on at the same time. Gotta love october baseball
    Add coolhandkev to Rail
  27. who is in the better spot bullpen wise in the yanks/indians game?
    Add coolhandkev to Rail
  28. they've both used all their big guns
    Originally Posted by coolhandkev View Post

who is in the better spot bullpen wise in the yanks/indians game?

Whichever one of them still has Joba (barring any midges)
    Add heavyj80 to Rail
    Originally Posted by JKoblyn View Post

Tomlin sucks. This may not go well

welp