Originally Posted by Camz View Post

romo was awful the last 2 minutes, wtf

Originally Posted by resilient View Post

lol he fucking owned that last drive

As usual, it was somewhere in between these. He was good in spots - especially talking about scoring on the plus-side of the two minute warning and on the types of plays/clock management for Tampa during their last drive.

But he wasn't great in giving reasoning for onside kick vs. kicking it deep, and I didn't like that he and Nantz never talked about the possibility of New England going for it on 4th down.

Romo is getting there. His insights and the way he actually talks football are better than almost anything out there right now. But he needs to become more calculated and less excitable. There are times where he needs to think things through before blurting something out. To his credit, he usually corrects himself, but it leads to too much of Romo talking.

Add marinersheep to Rail
  2. he talked about the chance NE went for it. he specifically said "there's no way they snap the ball"
    Thread StarterAdd Hughes4 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Hughes4 View Post

he talked about the chance NE went for it. he specifically said "there's no way they snap the ball"

Yeah, I didn't like that. I don't think it registered with him that a first down would ice the game and that their only options were field goal or punt. They would never punt the ball in that situation. Going for it made a thousand times more sense than punting it.

Add marinersheep to Rail
  4. 4th & 1 would be a close decision.

I agreed in the moment, but it's another instance where he's falling all over himself to show how smart he is.
  5. all that can be true and there still be no chance he is going for it

they were down 2. i knew they weren't going for it because of that. yeah, a first down ices it. a field goal to make it 5 is still the better option by far though.

i thought the whole fake was pretty much a waste of time. i get that you might as well try it because it doesn't matter and maybe there's just a complete fucking idiot on Tampa. nobody was falling for that shit though.

the only option was a field goal. thats essentially what im saying i guess. thats a fg attempt 100% of the time so the whole charade was basically just a waste.

im sorry, obviously they were up 2.

there is actually no score that would justify going for it. any field goal with any lead changes the game enough where kicking is always the only option. (unless you're up or down huge. in that case it doesn't really matter)
    Edited By: XXEDPXX 1 Week Ago at 12:41 AM
    Add XXEDPXX to Rail
  6. I listened to some of the game on the radio, and Tony Boselli was fantastic as the analyst (alongside Ian Eagle).

Add marinersheep to Rail
  7. That's wild. I didnt know he became an announcer
  8. I challenge OT to find a video/GIF of the Orlando Brown incident (other than the shitty edited version on NFL.com). I spent a good 20 minutes trying to find it but the NFL has apparently very effectively brushed it under the rug. this is the best I found.

Add Hank H1LL to Rail
    Originally Posted by Hank H1LL View Post

I challenge OT to find a video/GIF of the Orlando Brown incident (other than the shitty edited version on NFL.com). I spent a good 20 minutes trying to find it but the NFL has apparently very effectively brushed it under the rug. this is the best I found.

His restraint is amazing

Prob should have clocked him

Lol browns
    Add Earlybird893 to Rail
    Originally Posted by marinersheep View Post

I didn't like that he and Nantz never talked about the possibility of New England going for it on 4th down.

They probably didn't do that since they're not retarded.
    Edited By: resilient 1 Week Ago at 03:42 AM
    Add resilient to Rail

...but they talked about punting. So your point is invalid.

Add marinersheep to Rail

I'd have to listen to it again, but I don't recall "punt" ever being discussed on a 48-yard FG try... maybe before the 3rd down play....

If somebody said "punt" there on 4th down, I'll bet it was a brief slip, not something discussed seriously.
    Edited By: resilient 1 Week Ago at 04:56 AM
    Add resilient to Rail
  13. Romo overall is awful. Most of the time it feels like he should just tell Jim 'I feel a bootleg coming this play, loser takes a shot?'

Sheep put it best, he's just too excited and the flow of him and Jim is just off. He's still way better than Sims ever was, but Romo has a way to go to become solid.

Mentioned this in the other thread but someone who is really good at this announcing stuff is Ernie Johnson with MLB. He doesn't interrupt his partner, has a nice tone and gets excited at the right times, knows his shit. I bet he would be amazing with the NFL/NCAA.
    Add nicks to Rail

If somebody said "punt" there on 4th down, I'll bet it was a brief slip, not something discussed seriously.

I love that Mariner thinks Romo could have said something stupid. That's not possible Sheep, get a clue.
    Add Zeppelin to Rail
  15. RRRAAAAIIIIDDDEERRRSS!!!!
    RRRAAAAAIIIIIDDDEERRRSSS!
    RRRRAAIIIIIDDDEEERRRRSSS!

Headed to Bay Area for some pre game 24 hours drinking before the game. Sell your kids into sex slaves and put all the money on the silver and Black tomorrow. It’s a guaran fucking T!!

RRRAAAAIIIIDDDEERRRSS!!!!
    RRRAAAAAIIIIIDDDEERRRSSS!
    RRRRAAIIIIIDDDEEERRRRSSS!
    Add Z-Fresh to Rail
    Originally Posted by Zeppelin View Post

I love that Mariner thinks Romo could have said something stupid. That's not possible Sheep, get a clue.

durrrrrrrrrr... I've agreed with style criticisms of Romo and said it will take seasons for him to refine that. But he is clearly good and killed it on the final drive. lol at discussing going for it when you have a 48 yard FG with Gostkowski who is 11 for 11 and has been splitting the uprights. If they discussed punting, it had to be before 4th down when they advanced to the 31, unless it was a brief slip by one of them.
    Add resilient to Rail
  17. Romo is very good. Anyone hating on him is just a bird necked spiteful fag imo.
    Add Boutros to Rail
  18. Sunday Football...

Add SpankyHamm to Rail
    Originally Posted by Boutros View Post

Romo is very good. Anyone hating on him is just a bird necked spiteful fag imo.

This is probably accurate. I'd rather listen to him call a game than anyone else right now.
    Add OneM24 to Rail
  20. ESPN’s Monday Night Football ratings are rebounding from a down year last season, and that trend should continue tomorrow night — thanks to Star Wars

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-trailer/amp/
    Add wantagolf to Rail
  21. Abilene Texas CBS game, 0-4 vs 0-4. Could they not find a better game to air?
    Add wantagolf to Rail
  22. I hate the obligation games. Here in Orlando they have 3 obligation teams (Jags, Bucs and Miami) so you really never get a chance at a good 1 PM because at least one of those teams is playing at 1.

Add SpankyHamm to Rail
  23. Same shit in LA, is awful.
    Add Zeppelin to Rail
  24. Bosa is feasting on Giants O Line
    Edited By: wantagolf 1 Week Ago at 06:24 PM
    Add wantagolf to Rail
  25. Hard not to have a man crush on Carson Wentz
    Add OneM24 to Rail
  26. Pence left the Colts/SF game when some SF players knelt during the anthem.

Obviously comped tickets.

Add SpankyHamm to Rail
  27. @AP
    Follow
    More
    BREAKING: Quarterback Colin Kaepernick tells CBS he'll stand during national anthem if given chance to play football in NFL again.
    Add El Guapo to Rail
  28. When is Sean614 gonna start making me be embarrassed to be a eagles fan again?
    Add whitealroker to Rail
    Originally Posted by whitealroker View Post

When is Sean614 gonna start making me be embarrassed to be a eagles fan again?

He doesn't really post anymore. He comes in Gran Tranino mode for 1 post then not back for a while
    Edited By: wantagolf 1 Week Ago at 07:00 PM
    Add wantagolf to Rail
    Originally Posted by whitealroker View Post

When is Sean614 gonna start making me be embarrassed to be a eagles fan again?

always?
    Add norcaljeff to Rail