Originally Posted by Realbigfish4 View Post

Off the top of my head... Nick Anderson, Dennis Scott, Dwight, Mike Miller, Gordon... Hell, Keon Clark's career numbers probably aren't much worse than JJ's

JJ isn't trash, def not saying that, but LOL at his smug ass being worth taken 11th overall.

I'll give you Dwight, I somehow forgot about him. The rest are debatable at best. The point being, of all these picks:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orland..._draft_history

Almost 60 picks in total, 22 of them being top 15 picks.....JJ is about 8th behind Anderson, Scott, Shaq, Penny, Mike Miller, Dwight, and Oladipo. And After Shaq, penny and dwight, 4-8 are all debatable mid-tier players. Furthermore, all the guys ahead of JJ were the #1 or top 5 picks lol, the difference between 11 and 1 and even 4 is huge obv.

Of their 22 top 15 picks in the franchise history, literally more than half of them were busts. I can't stress enough how good of a pick a player like JJ at #11 is. Come on dude...I know you refuse to ever admit being wrong even about the dumbest pettiest shit so I'll leave this be.

Originally Posted by TheSilentBob View Post

How many players you think make it from the average draft class? My guess is 10-15, depending on the year. Good chance 11 or less players made it from JJ's draft class.

Exactly and on top of that, there's "making it" and then there's being a relevant starter for years and years and years.
    Add Boutros to Rail
  2. I'm obv not trying to act like gay gay reddick is some hall of famer. I just feel like you balking at his draft spot acting like he didn't live up to it is a completely ignorant statement regarding how many ppl bust in the nba draft.
    Add Boutros to Rail
  3. Since 1999 number of all-star selections by a player drafted #11 = 3 (all by Klay).

Reggie Miller probably best #11 pick ever.
    http://www.nba-allstar.com/players/l...draft-pick.htm
    Add ginwilly to Rail
  4. Dennis Scott and Kenny Anderson duo at GTECH was memorable.

Add B_O_K_E to Rail
  5. My favorite tech duo was Salley and Price.
    Add ginwilly to Rail
    Originally Posted by ginwilly View Post

Since 1999 number of all-star selections by a player drafted #11 = 3 (all by Klay).

Reggie Miller probably best #11 pick ever.
    http://www.nba-allstar.com/players/l...draft-pick.htm

Someone post picks 5-10 for various drafts and let's see how bad they are.
    Edited By: TheSilentBob 2 Weeks Ago at 10:55 PM
    Add TheSilentBob to Rail
    Originally Posted by Boutros View Post

I'll give you Dwight, I somehow forgot about him. The rest are debatable at best. The point being, of all these picks:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orland..._draft_history

Almost 60 picks in total, 22 of them being top 15 picks.....JJ is about 8th behind Anderson, Scott, Shaq, Penny, Mike Miller, Dwight, and Oladipo. And After Shaq, penny and dwight, 4-8 are all debatable mid-tier players. Furthermore, all the guys ahead of JJ were the #1 or top 5 picks lol, the difference between 11 and 1 and even 4 is huge obv.

Of their 22 top 15 picks in the franchise history, literally more than half of them were busts. I can't stress enough how good of a pick a player like JJ at #11 is. Come on dude...I know you refuse to ever admit being wrong even about the dumbest pettiest shit so I'll leave this be.

Exactly and on top of that, there's "making it" and then there's being a relevant starter for years and years and years.

Sure, most picks are busts, but let's not pretend like JJ is anything more than a guy who should be a 6th man, and an average one at that. I'd also put him behind Gordon and Hezonja even tho it's early in their careers, probably a couple more if I looked up some stats.

Keon Clark had a better career PER than JJ...
    Add Realbigfish4 to Rail
  8. DONT MAKE ME START TO IRRATIONALLY DEFEND JJ ALL YEAR
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail
  9. He's average and getting old. Never played much D, average passer, great without the ball in hands and doesn't miss FTs... 6th man at best and if it wasn't for Doc signing his son JJ would've never been a starter. Sad that the 76ers need him to start now.
    Add Realbigfish4 to Rail
  10. I want to see Redick get the ball a lot.
    He's the best shooter ever, not named Curry
    Add Hughes4 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Hughes4 View Post

I want to see Redick get the ball a lot.

Allen, Reggie and a handful more are soooooooo pissed at you right now.
    Add Realbigfish4 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Realbigfish4 View Post

Sure, most picks are busts, but let's not pretend like JJ is anything more than a guy who should be a 6th man, and an average one at that. I'd also put him behind Gordon and Hezonja even tho it's early in their careers, probably a couple more if I looked up some stats.

Keon Clark had a better career PER than JJ...

11th overall NBA picks aren't supposed to be stars. Average 6th man is probably not a terrible outcome for that spot, given the many busts that occur there. And I'd wait to pass judgment on his career until I see how he performs in this environment coming up... it might be the right situation for him to bloom. Maybe.
    Add resilient to Rail
  13. 41.5 % on 3s

Allen: 40

Miller: 39.5
    Add Hughes4 to Rail
  14. Name one meaningful 3 JJ ever made... I'll wait
    Add Realbigfish4 to Rail
  15. He's not going to "bloom" at 33. He's bloomed. LA was a perfect situation and he excelled
    Add Hughes4 to Rail
  16. I didn't even realize he was that old. I don't think it was a perfect situation for him in terms of production, just efficiency. I think he could produce a lot more in Philly.

maybe not though given his age.
    Edited By: resilient 2 Weeks Ago at 02:26 AM
    Add resilient to Rail
  17. I still think Adam Morrison will be the better pro
    Add JKoblyn to Rail
    Originally Posted by JKoblyn View Post

I still think Adam Morrison will be the better pro

I like Chris Washburn

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/...139717633.html
    Edited By: resilient 2 Weeks Ago at 03:21 AM
    Add resilient to Rail
  19. I just went and looked at the 2006 Draft.

Yikes.
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Jaybone2315 View Post

I just went and looked at the 2006 Draft.

Yikes.

you just have to look farther down
    Add resilient to Rail
  21. Man Kyle Lowry has had a weird career...I had no idea he has been playing since 2006. Who plays 9 seasons of fairly irrelevant bball then all of a sudden turns into a 20ppg borderline star? Wtf.
    Add Boutros to Rail
    Originally Posted by Hughes4 View Post

I want to see Redick get the ball a lot.

log out
    Add The Alchemist to Rail
  23. loooooooooooooooooooolll

Alch - if by any chance you're in NYC in mid December, you got a OKC/NYK ticket on Dec 16 on me.
    Add kellykip to Rail
  24. don't threaten me with a good time amigo

I'll try to make it but I can't promise, I'd say like 65% chance of yes. only because my step-brother decided to rent an entire fucking vineyard just to marry some homely german thot he met on tinder 6 months ago, so now I have to use a chunk of my travel funds to fly out to bumblefuckesbergenstein for a eurotrip with his headass fucking friends that thought it would be a good idea to bring their nagging little bags of sand to the damn beach of normandy, just so I have to spend even more money on actual hookers and blow to distract myself from the early stages of this catastrophe

real shit tho I'm supposed to be in DC with my goddaughter that weekend, maybe I can sneak a train up there for the day
  25. Alchemist a Don, who new?

luca brasi sleeps with the fishes...
    Add El Guapo to Rail
  26. Between Kristine taking every single possible opportunity to cry for sympathy over the Cam thing (like she always does in any similar situation) and her finding a way to take a negative angle on every single Lebron story since last year when the producer's told her to combat Colin's pro-Lebron views....Idk if I can listen to this fucking show anymore. I literally have to mute it or quickly X out 2-3 times an hour now every time she talks or I get super annoyed and have to rant to someone about how fucking idiotic she is. I've never seen a case of privileged, hypocritical, SJW like this before in my life.

Why can't a sports talk show just be a fucking sports talk show? Why does one guy (or girl) always have to disagree with the other? Skip Bayless started this bullshit. But seriously, it's like clockwork with the Lebron stories. Lebron could save a dozen white children from a fire and capture the arson at the same time and she'd present the story with a skeptical cunt smirk and say, "But would he have tried that hard if the kids were black? I don't know, I'm not saying I'm right, but the fact that he tweeted about this later makes me doubt his intentions." Shut the FUCK up Kristine.
    Edited By: Boutros 2 Weeks Ago at 05:40 PM
    Add Boutros to Rail
  27. one of the worst things the sports community ever did was allow women to speak on camera
    Originally Posted by Boutros View Post

Between Kristine taking every single possible opportunity to cry for sympathy over the Cam thing (like she always does in any similar situation) and her finding a way to take a negative angle on every single Lebron story since last year when the producer's told her to combat Colin's pro-Lebron views....Idk if I can listen to this fucking show anymore. I literally have to mute it or quickly X out 2-3 times an hour now every time she talks or I get super annoyed and have to rant to someone about how fucking idiotic she is. I've never seen a case of privileged, hypocritical, SJW like this before in my life.

Why can't a sports talk show just be a fucking sports talk show? Why does one guy (or girl) always have to disagree with the other? Skip Bayless started this bullshit. But seriously, it's like clockwork with the Lebron stories. Lebron could save a dozen white children from a fire and capture the arson at the same time and she'd present the story with a skeptical smirk and say, "But would he have tried that hard if the kids were black? I don't know, I'm not saying I'm right, but the fact that he tweeted about this later makes me doubt his intentions." Shut the FUCK up Kristine.

24 hour news cycle... highlights simply aren't enough anymore and that Skip Bayless shit sells for some reason
    Add Realbigfish4 to Rail
    Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post

one of the worst things the sports community ever did was allow women to speak on camera

Jessica Mendoza tho
    Add JKoblyn to Rail
  30. Skip is funny tho sometimes and he isn't a cunt about his convictions and admits being wrong from time to time. You can see that it's all just pure entertainment from him. Kristine is dead serious. She is the Ronda Rousey of sports talk, just an awful personality who thinks everyone should worship her and be ultra sensitive to her ridiculous sensibilities. Which obviously isn't shocking seeing as how she's a tall hot blonde who obviously has been gift wrapped everything in her life by dudes with cocks, which just makes her SJW charade that much more cringeworthy.
    Edited By: Boutros 2 Weeks Ago at 05:48 PM
    Add Boutros to Rail