1.  
    Originally Posted by STOPPER19 View Post

    I really doubt Jerry will stand by his word. But having a 'shitty' QB allows the coach to bring in his own guy, no?

    I mean, they fucked themselves with the 1st round pick for Amari, but regardless...

    Yeah he gets to draft a rookie QB, which is such a crapshoot. Just look at rookie QB's this year. They've all been mediocre to awful. By the time they are actually good half of the roster will be overturned anyways
    Edited By: hookey91 1 Week Ago at 09:06 PM
    Add hookey91 to Rail
  2.  
    Originally Posted by hookey91 View Post

    Yeah he gets to draft a rookie QB, which is such a crapshoot. Just look at rookie QB's this year. They've all been mediocre to awful. By the time they are actually good half of the roster will be overturned anyways

    They're rookies. Wentz was a crapshoot his rookie year. The talk around Goff was how much of a bust he was.

    Some of them will suck. Some will turn it around and be serviceable.

    I mean, are you suggesting that a coach wouldn't want to come to DAL because they have a pretty skilled roster except for QB (and the argument could be made that he's way better than he's showing due to Lenihan), and would rather have a "top 10" QB with a completely mediocre roster?

    I don't even want to do the comparison with GB because Rodgers is generational. Let's say GB has someone like Kirk Cousins.
    Add STOPPER19 to Rail
  3.  
    Originally Posted by hookey91 View Post

    Elite defenses only last 2-3 years because eventually you have to cut players or overpay. A coach would much rather go to GB than Jax. The only thing that makes it close is Rodgers age. If he was 30 it would not even be a discussion. Crazy to think otherwise


    No doubt a coach would rather have a franchise qb than not. Having one definitely makes the job more attractive, I'm not arguing otherwise. I'm just saying it's not always the most attractive choice just because a franchise qb is in place. Vikings come to mind as well as Jags as being more attractive than GB.
    Add ginwilly to Rail
  4.  
    Originally Posted by marinersheep View Post

    Who is brainwashing you guys on Kris Richard?

    what he's doing with the Dallas defense this year?

     
    Originally Posted by Hughes4 View Post

    Lol let people believe

    Like the oddsmakers should on the Redskins?
    Edited By: resilient 1 Week Ago at 04:02 AM
    Add resilient to Rail
  5.  
    Originally Posted by resilient View Post

    what he's doing with the Dallas defense this year?

    17th in defensive DVOA. Congrats.
     
    Add marinersheep to Rail
  6.  
    Originally Posted by marinersheep View Post

    17th in defensive DVOA. Congrats.

    1st in pts allowed. 4th in yards allowed - those were before the shitty Titans game. Eye test. Byron Jones is the top rated corner, it doesn't mean he's the best corner.
    Edited By: resilient 1 Week Ago at 04:03 AM
    Add resilient to Rail
  7.  
    Originally Posted by resilient View Post

    1st in pts allowed. 4th in yards allowed - those were before the shitty Titans game. Eye test. Byron Jones is the top rated corner, it doesn't mean he's the best corner.

    Lol if you're in love with Richard, then all power to you. All I know is that he's gotten into shoving matches with players and that our defense is better this year.
     
    Add marinersheep to Rail
  8. I never said I was in love with Richard, but he's doing a great job as a defensive coach and I said I think they'll want him as DC if Marinelli is moving on, and it could influence their decision. But maybe it doesn't who knows. All I was doing was responding to your comments that he's not good which is silly. lol "shoving a player" in the NFL in the past being something concerning. Your defense hasn't given up less than 24 to a non-mediocre offense so "improved" is a relative term.

    A couple of offensive coach names for the Cowboys: Vikings OC John DeFilippo and Titans OC Matt LaFleur.
    Add resilient to Rail
  9.  
    Originally Posted by resilient View Post

    I never said I was in love with Richard, but he's doing a great job as a defensive coach and I said I think they'll want him as DC if Marinelli is moving on, and it could influence their decision. But maybe it doesn't who knows. All I was doing was responding to your comments that he's not good which is silly. lol "shoving a player" in the NFL in the past being something concerning. Your defense hasn't given up less than 24 to a non-mediocre offense so "improved" is a relative term.

    A couple of offensive coach names for the Cowboys: Vikings OC John DeFilippo and Titans OC Matt LaFleur.

    A coordinator shoving and shouting with players isn't a problem. But if we're talking head coaches, that's not really what I'm looking for.

    I think he's a fine defensive coordinator - certainly nothing special. You knew you had a talented defense to start the year, and you ended up with a blue chip linebacker in the draft, too. So it's not like he's come in there and revolutionized what you had on that side of the ball.
     
    Add marinersheep to Rail
  10.  
    Originally Posted by marinersheep View Post

    A coordinator shoving and shouting with players isn't a problem. But if we're talking head coaches, that's not really what I'm looking for.

    I think he's a fine defensive coordinator - certainly nothing special. You knew you had a talented defense to start the year, and you ended up with a blue chip linebacker in the draft, too. So it's not like he's come in there and revolutionized what you had on that side of the ball.

    Byron jones was a below average safety converting to corner. Safety was a scary week position. Our secondary is a strength now.

    I don't know if he would be a good head coach, I'm just wondering about it. He's a fiery coach who is getting results.
    Add resilient to Rail
  11. how is jacksonville a desirable job, arent they going broke once the london deal ends?
     
    Add Co1one1_Forbin to Rail
  12.  
    Originally Posted by resilient View Post

    I never said I was in love with Richard

    Add kellykip to Rail
  13. I get it!
    Add DONKWOOD to Rail