1. OT had it's Draft, the Official Opening Ceremonies of the NHL Season

Congrats to the Pens again on their repeat - They got 19 White Guys, and one of them is Russian. Donald will welcome them with Open Arms.

Predictions
    Hart - McJesus
    Art Ross - McJesus
    Lindsay - McJesus
    Richard - That guy who was born in Arizona, you may have heard about him.
    Vezina - McJesus's Goalie
    Norris - A Swede that doesn't play in Ottawa, but is the same division and he's really tall
    Calder- Shipachyov - He's 30 years old and wears #87, its worked out well for another 30 year old wearing #87
    Adams - Babsocks
    Byng - The Tarasenkshow
    Selke - Barkov - The Fin with a Russian name - getting boring picking Bergeron and Toews

Donald Trump's Trophy - Tampa Bay Lightning
    Prince of Wales - Tampa Bay Lightning
    Clarence Campbell - Edmonton Oilers

Cup - Maybe next year McJesus, Merica wins it again
    Smyth - The guy who won the Norris

Bold Predictions
    Blackhawks miss playoffs
    LOLvechkin scores under 30 goals
    The old man without an NHL contract wins Olympic MVP, assuming he plays
    Canada loses in Olympic QF, Russia wins Gold but no one cared since no NHL and in Korea.
    Add TMLMS13 to Rail
  2. Agree if Hedman (and Stamkos for record reasons) can stay healthy he wins a bunch of awards

Who is the Olympic MVP? Literally haven't followed anything NHL related since it ended so I have no idea who doesn't have a contract that 'maybe' should

Canada losing with no NHL players matters 0 since nobody will watch outside of Canada and Scandinavia (and even then nobody will care except the winner)
    Add hoddi to Rail
  3. Jagr
    Thread StarterAdd TMLMS13 to Rail
  4. Agree with you on Hedman - dude is so good it's not fair

Can't see any way the rookie scoring totals are anywhere close to last year tho. Just not gonna happen.

Only 1 Bold Prediction: Patrick Laine plays more towards his pretty weak advanced stats and continues the regression to the mean that was taking place over the last quarter of the 2016 season after the book on him got around the league.
    Add kellykip to Rail
  5. Sam Morin makes the team. Finally the next Pronger hits the big club.
    Flyers also miss the playoffs. Not enough moves in the offseason imo. Can't put the same team on the ice and expect miracles. Plus they traded Schenn. Farm system looks good...but it wont translate to much this year. Hey if I'm wrong I'm happy af.
    *edit* The Flyers last 7 goals:
    Travis Sanheim
    Travis Sanheim
    Travis Sanheim
    Sam Morin
    Scott Laughton
    Oskar Lindblom
    Travis Konecny
    time to bring up the young bucks? Giroux cant throw the puck in the net.

Talking out of my ass but I like Tampa and Montreal in the east. A couple of California teams in the west...just don't know which 2. Dark horse prediction is Edmonton.

I like my fantasy team...I don't love it though. Kinda like last year, but I promise I wont be struggling to stay out of the basement again. 1st pick is kinda sweet but watching all those guys go before it's your turn again is agonizing.
    Edited By: Mr. Blonde 3 Weeks Ago at 06:36 AM
    Add Mr. Blonde to Rail
  6. Only 1 California team is making the playoffs, and it's pretty obvious which one
  7. bruins ship the cup in 6 or less
    Add URI_Stunna to Rail
  8. It's McJesus' league and Edmonton's cup. Get used to it.

Add Paki_Poker to Rail
  9. Perfect timing for LV to have their inaugural season home opener.... next tuesday

Just fucking sad that a franchise has to begin life under these circumstances.
    Edited By: TMLMS13 3 Weeks Ago at 09:40 PM
  10. Jagr signs 1y 1m in Calgary.

Jagr was drafted the same year as Keith Tkachuk. He is now playing on the same team as Keith's son.
  11. lol at giong to the olympics. for any exerciser
    Add URI_Stunna to Rail
  12. subban to vegas
    Add URI_Stunna to Rail
  13. Eichel signs 8x10
  14. Joshua Ho-sang is Jamaican Chinese Chilean.

Weird
    Add whitealroker to Rail
  15. Adam Larsson named Alternate Captain. Cause he's a boss.

I'm either getting his jersey or a Draistl Germany one.

As a season ticket holder, there's a signature event every year where you can get your jersey signed. I have a signed McDavid from last year. Will get a 2nd one this year, then sell.

Add Paki_Poker to Rail
    Originally Posted by kellykip View Post

Only 1 Bold Prediction: Patrick Laine plays more towards his pretty weak advanced stats and continues the regression to the mean that was taking place over the last quarter of the 2016 season after the book on him got around the league.

I think Laine was horribly utilized for good portions of last year, i.e. not on the PP, or on a line with bottom 6 forwards. His numbers were good, but could have been much better. It was like the team was in a soft tank last year and/or trying to protect their younger players for some unknown reason.

Don't sleep on this kid. He is only 19. Should be bigger, faster and stronger this year, with arguably the best shot hockey has ever seen. I am expecting big things from Laine this year. I hope he stays healthy and that you are wrong.

Big game tonight with the Leafs, I would set the over under @ 2.5-3pts for Laine tonight.

Add Tracy_Ham to Rail
  17. any news on Charks?
    Add norcaljeff to Rail
  18. Yup, Charks SAF.

Add Paki_Poker to Rail
    Originally Posted by Paki_Poker View Post

Yup, Charks SAF.

Add norcaljeff to Rail
  20. As they said on SN fashion police out in full force tonight.

Leo Komorov visor violation, Andersen wrong colour tape on his stick.
    Originally Posted by TMLMS13 View Post

As they said on SN fashion police out in full force tonight.

Leo Komorov visor violation, Andersen wrong colour tape on his stick.

You serious? Not watching obv. What does wrong color tape even mean? You used to be able to have whatever color you wanted
    Add hoddi to Rail
  22. Anderson had blue tape on the end of his stick, they showed the ref retaping it with white tape.

Now it looks like they are telling pleyers to make sure they don't tuck in their sweaters.
    Originally Posted by TMLMS13 View Post

Anderson had blue tape on the end of his stick, they showed the ref retaping it with white tape.

Now it looks like they are telling pleyers to make sure they don't tuck in their sweaters.

I guess it 'sort of' makes sense if it's a goalie (if they can somehow explain why it's justified). Still i hope they don't go full NFL by calling BS stuff that literally nobody cares about and isn't hurting anybody
    Add hoddi to Rail
  24. I understand the visor thing, it's for safety, Leo uses it as a forehead protector.
    Originally Posted by Tracy_Ham View Post

Big game tonight with the Leafs, I would set the over under @ 2.5-3pts for Laine tonight.

How'd that work out for ya.
  26. Remember everyone laughed at Toronto for signing Marleau?

Thank God hockey is back. It was a long summer
    Add Mr. Blonde to Rail
    Originally Posted by norcaljeff View Post

any news on Charks?

must hurt to see Marleau on the Leafs
    Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post

Remember everyone laughed at Toronto for signing Marleau?

Thank God hockey is back. It was a long summer

i was getting pretty sick of black people too
    Add URI_Stunna to Rail
  29. Opening day notes....

The NHL is so fucking fast, I’m saying fucking fast.

I hate them, but the Pens really move the puck well
    Add jhubb to Rail
  30. bergeon already hurt
    Add URI_Stunna to Rail