1. I'd like to start off by saying thanks. I really appreciate the positive feedback. I've never been satisfied with any of my cooks. But I'm gettin closer.

I'll put some fresh pics up of today's cook. I'm simply doing 2 briskets. We were running much hotter than anticipated the other day.

Right now I'm holding 225 on the smoker dial. But my surface probe reads 250. I've had to manipulate my tuning plates to correct for this differential.

Using oak & hickory today.

Happy smoking fgts.
    Edited By: bucketorocks Nov 11th, 2016 at 01:46 PM
    Add bucketorocks to Rail
  2. Is this you and can I flip your meat?

Add El Guapo to Rail
  3. Had hoped you would red x me.
    Thread StarterAdd bucketorocks to Rail
  4. this topic is relevant to my interests...

besides i only red x stupid threads ie Cookers....
    Add El Guapo to Rail
    Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post

this topic is relevant to my interests...

besides i only red x stupid threads ie URI....

fyp
    Add tamayo85 to Rail
  6. I been trying to contact Vice so I can ultimately feed Action Bronson some brisket.

That's my end goal here.

Big aspirations. I know. But they won't reply. I need help.

For any new comers. I'm running a Magnum Sniper by pitmaker.com
    A real nice rig. Highly recommend.

Still have not seen the commercial smokers I'll be using. Restaurant is 30 days out from opening. Kind of nervous about the giant commercial rotisserie setups. I'd rather have a few off set barrels. But the quantity of meat I'll be smoking is absurd and don't think it would be possible on traditional off sets. The quality will suffer due to their ridiculous quantity demand. Oh well. We will do our best.
    Edited By: bucketorocks Nov 11th, 2016 at 02:29 PM
  7. Does your pimp make you wear that furry hoody with the pink flashlight on your forehead? Or did you choose that style?
    Add SlippinJimmy to Rail
  8. Furry?

You got no style bruh
  9. Start with getting Daniel Vaughn in there, that's your real test. Bummer I was just in Dallas, had to settle for Pecan Lodge.
    Add Admiral to Rail
    Originally Posted by Admiral View Post

Start with getting Daniel Vaughn in there, that's your real test. Bummer I was just in Dallas, had to settle for Pecan Lodge.

I know Daniel. He can make or break ya.

"Settling" for pecan lodge is ok by me 100% of the time. They do an outstanding brisket. I always get 1/2 lb moist brisket and a couple ribs.

My favorite place to eat in Dallas, by far
  11. We were there for a wedding and woke up hungover on a Sunday around 11, there were only 3 of us left and we couldn't wait in the hour+ line so we just bought 5 pounds to go through the express line. No regrets.
    Edited By: Admiral Nov 11th, 2016 at 02:56 PM
    Add Admiral to Rail

We were there for a wedding and woke up hungover on a Sunday around 11, there were only 3 of us left and we couldn't wait in the hour+ line so we just bought 5 pounds to go through the express line. No regrets.

Next time, if there is one, go sit immediately at the bar. You can order there and no line. F standing in lines.

I've gone to franklins in Austin 3x and never been served. Waited 2+ hours each time. So now I'm refusing to eat his food. So ridiculous.
  13. My desire is to come to Texas before Vegas in March, this thread only makes me want to come more.
    Add Mr323 to Rail
  14. I went during my Bachelor party, we woke up hungover AF, got in line at 8am, busted out the speakers, fold out chairs, bloody mary's, lonestar and whiskey. Easily a top 10 experience of my life. The food is a BBQ revelation, it really is that good.
    Edited By: Admiral Nov 11th, 2016 at 03:03 PM
    Add Admiral to Rail

I went during my Bachelor party, we woke up hungover AF, got in line at 8am, busted out the speakers, fold out chairs, bloody mary's, lonestar and whiskey. Easily a top 10 experience of my life. The food is a BBQ revelation, it really is that good.

Yea I'd love to eat. So damn frustrating.
    Originally Posted by Mr323 View Post

My desire is to come to Texas before Vegas in March, this thread only makes me want to come more.

Come on baby. The water's warm.
  17. 3.5 hours in

Hit em with a little apple cider.
  18. Where were you during world traveling road trip?
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail
  19. Sitting in a cubicle. Dying a rapid death.

Pickles are ready! Made these last week.

White onion, red onion, whole garlic, pickle slices, jap slices, sugar. Layer those ingredients over and over. Pack it full of sugar.

Let it sit for a few days. Magic.

Fucking delicious.

20. throw in a war eyeball and I'm sold...
    Add El Guapo to Rail
    Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post

throw in a war eyeball and I'm sold...

How do I obtain eye of war?

Is that like gypsy tears?
  22. I cant wait to contribute to this thread!
    Add DONKWOOD to Rail
  23. Please keep your bs out of here.
    Add RUST1D to Rail
  24. Yea. No bear fingers allowed.
    Originally Posted by DONKWOOD View Post

I cant wait to contribute to this thread!

Add El Guapo to Rail
    Originally Posted by bucketorocks View Post

Furry?

You got no style bruh

You dress like a whore I shall treat you as one. I'm grabbing your pussy next time I see you.
    Add SlippinJimmy to Rail
  27. Can you even BBQ whale????
    Add whitealroker to Rail
    Originally Posted by whitealroker View Post

Can you even BBQ whale????

Only white whales
  29. Have you considered smoking with Pecan wood? I'm not sure you're protocol for whoever you are working for. Pic of brisket looks great and I'm glad you are trying to maintain 220-225 degrees. How long are you typically smoking them? Are you using brown sugar in your rubs or a different style? Etc etc

PS- pickle some grapes and baby carrots.

You're welcome ;)
    Edited By: SlapNPickle Nov 11th, 2016 at 04:34 PM
    Add SlapNPickle to Rail