1. Looks like chicken reraise. Salmon bee gross
    Add URI_Stunna to Rail
  2. salmon is delicious man...the topping would def work on some chicken tho
    Thread StarterAdd thereraise to Rail
  3. U ever ate barracuda ?
    Add URI_Stunna to Rail
  4. That roasted cauliflower looks phenomenal. Would motorboat with vigor.
    Add XquiziVex to Rail
    Originally Posted by thereraise View Post

had a nice big salmon filet so cut that into a few portions and baked them in foil pouches. Topped each portion with a mixture (almost like a greek "salsa") of olive olive, diced tomato, caper, garlic, fresh basil and oregano and a squeeze of lemon. Made a little pearl couscous salad with cucumber, lemon and feta cheese while the pouches baked. Also braised down some kale with pepper flake for a little spice component. Was delicious

and looks great as always Pistol. Love roasted cauliflower.

That plate looks great. One day I'll need to learn to plate my food for presentation. Always looking for good toppings for salmon. I will make that one soon. I seem to always end up with pesto or bacon & onions. I'm still not sure whether I like capers or not. I tried to use them a few times, but they're kind of like adding green olives to a dish (briny and strong) so they end up being the bits everyone picked out. Basil, Tomato, & Garlic sounds good, esp with the sides you made.
    Add pistol45 to Rail
    Originally Posted by XquiziVex View Post

That roasted cauliflower looks phenomenal. Would motorboat with vigor.

Thanks. I started with sriracha mustard (something new I picked up), added quite a bit of olive oil to dilute the spice, then sesame oil, and honey, and sesame seeds . I dipped each floret and roasted at 425 for about 30 mins. Turned out tasting better than it looks.
    Add pistol45 to Rail
  7. Pistol - I gave this almost #4 ready to come out the oven - and thanks to your post.

I slathered it in Mustard before Kosher Salt and Pepper seasoning - the top that became the bottom was rubbed in some Orange Marmalade.

Flip it and do it again - Same Same. It is resting in the oven now before I cool the protein enzimes and cut into it - where I will then post pic's of it ready to eat- or cut into slabs for a quick pan sear.... It's all good. Wild Rice and Salad to go with it in about 30 minuets.

Add DeltaDan to Rail
  8. Lol. Pistol I was just fucking with yA cause this is the everything is perfect food thread. I would enjoy it others thAn them sparagus
    Add URI_Stunna to Rail
  9. TheRaise - I got you pic 's of your Flat Iron - Shit is LEGIT !

You are getting the same taste - and texture - and more tender than Flank Steak ... Flank AND even Skirt's is almost 2x the price in pound now to the cut you turned me onto !!

Asiago cheese - "To Thicken it Up" - I added the Marinade to the Portabellas with Garlic to salute.

Tied up - Like a Queer Steer ...

Onto the Smoker @ 225F

Two Hours Later - and let rested ..

Taters and Broccoli - and Carmalized white onions with the last of the marinade from the steak....

DinDin .. We watched Episode # 7 of The Pacific during it - That series is so fucking home cooked -- just like our dinners.

Edited By: DeltaDan May 21st, 2015 at 03:31 AM
    Add DeltaDan to Rail
  10. Did you actually buy dinnerware that resembles paper plates?
    Add Dyzalot to Rail
  11. Thanks again Raise - You and only you got me to try a cut of meat that was packaged for $5.99 a pound - and trimmed already.

Here in Kalifornia - We used to be able to get Tri-Tip and Nagger Heads for cheap -- No no one can afford them .. and the Naggers even Popeye's Chicken anymore.
    Add DeltaDan to Rail
    Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post

Did you actually buy dinnerware that resembles paper plates?

Got a 18 place setting of it even from IKEA - At that time it was $7 for an 8 piece set complete set. Should I of broken out hte fine china to watch Japs getting blasted on the TV for The Pacific ?
    Add DeltaDan to Rail
    Originally Posted by DeltaDan View Post

Got a 18 place setting of it even from IKEA - At that time it was $7 for an 8 piece set complete set. Should I of broken out hte fine china to watch Japs getting blasted on the TV for The Pacific ?

Just giving you some shit because I had to do a double take when i saw your plates when at first I thought they were paper plates.
    Add Dyzalot to Rail
  14. No matter - I would rather eat off paper anytime !!

Here is the finished product = on plates that were our casual weeding gift set - that was high dollar back in '91 .. and now you can find them in any DollarTree Store just about.

Final product - the 6 minuet/#LB method IMO overcooked it ..... But it was juicy still. The wife and youngest son hate Pink in Pork. For a #4.5 @ 24 minuets .. I would cut it by 5 minuets ???? But I got the roast for $2.39 a lb. -- If I was single I could feed myself for a week on it and it's leftovers !!

Add DeltaDan to Rail

15. Deconstructed burger:

Veal
    maple mustard
    chili
    onion
    lettuce
    beets
    buffalo mizarella
    Add Unforseen to Rail
    Originally Posted by Unforseen View Post

Deconstructed burger:

Veal
    maple mustard
    chili
    onion
    lettuce
    beets
    buffalo mizarella

Add pistol45 to Rail
    Originally Posted by DeltaDan View Post

No matter - I would rather eat off paper anytime !!

Here is the finished product = on plates that were our casual weeding gift set - that was high dollar back in '91 .. and now you can find them in any DollarTree Store just about.

Final product - the 6 minuet/#LB method IMO overcooked it ..... But it was juicy still. The wife and youngest son hate Pink in Pork. For a #4.5 @ 24 minuets .. I would cut it by 5 minuets ???? But I got the roast for $2.39 a lb. -- If I was single I could feed myself for a week on it and it's leftovers !!

Yours pork loin looks delicious. Sorry about the bad advice re: duration, I've read a few sites that say to go a little shorter. I don't have a meat thermometer that I trust so I went about 25 mins on a roast barely over 4 lbs. before I turned off the oven and let it cool about an hour. As was noted in one of the earlier posts from my roast, the ends were more well done, the middle had a quarter sized pink circle, but the whole thing was juicy and tender end to end. I might cut the cooking time a little next time, too.

Sunday I'm going to try the Momofuku Bo Ssam recipe on my grill. I'm hosting an all-night bbq with a bunch of friends coming over. I'm hoping to feed the crowd a 10 lb boston butt. I'll try to post some pics if it turns out.

http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1...ofukus-bo-ssam
    Add pistol45 to Rail
  18. food is tight
    Add norcaljeff to Rail
  19. food is tight food is tght

il try to words it : ny strip salt pepper, compiund butter shalot garlic parslly ;lemon, potato on grill monteray jack cmpound butter

Add Cooker to Rail
  20. velvetta shells?
    Add Popperhead to Rail

21. Just did it with the oven. So far, so good. Still need to glaze it but taste test passed.
    Add pistol45 to Rail
  22. Made a dressing with chili paste ginger soy sesame vinegar and Wasabi mustard. Kim chi and basil made these surreal good.
    Add pistol45 to Rail
  23. Porchini rubbed boneless beef shortribs w/ Brocolini

A buddy turned me on to searing using boneless shortribs. Normally I would braise this cut, but I'm really loving it as a steak.

The rub I use is dried porchini mushrooms grinded uo and mixed with salt, pepper, thyme, and red pepper. you dont need a ton to get a lot of flavor.

Normally I pan sear this dish but today I wanted to grill so that what I did. 7 years old and my Weber still breaks 550F

1-2 minute sear.

Then flip to the back burner and remove direct heat & close hood. cook for 3-5 minutes depending on desired temp. I go for medium with this cut, but if its fine med-rare or even rare.

Rest for 10 minutes and served sliced.
    Add rayspizza to Rail
  24. shit it's memorial day. you have to grill. never heard of porcini rubbed but it looks tasty as fuck.
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  25. Ty ty. The concept works with any dried mushroom. Just toss them in a grinder to create a powder and mix with salt for long term storage. I make a batch every couple of months.
    Add rayspizza to Rail
  26. That broccolini looks legit. wp
    Add bucketorocks to Rail

27. chicken stuffed with smoked mozzarella and roasted red peppers wrapped in prosciutto & gorganzola risotto with spinach
    Add pistol45 to Rail
  28. Forgot to take pics but for UfC a friend of mine made burgers stuffed with a crab/shrimp mixture, with the entire thing wrapped in bacon. It was absolutely amazing
    Add Camz to Rail
  29. At work and currently eating the following:

Pulled pork sandwich with slaw
    Poutine
    Crabcakes with lime aoli sauce
    Steamed vegetables
    Prime rib
    Ham
    Prosciutto
    Shrimp (literally an entire plate)
    Mushroom & chicken penne Alfredo
    Baby potatoes