1. Eat it w/chop sticks?
    Add norcaljeff to Rail
  2. Why yes, of course with chopsticks you heathen
    Add DONKWOOD to Rail
    Originally Posted by LeftyMark View Post

Decided to make a lasagna today.

Cooked off my ground beef and sausage. Added some garlic, seasonings, tomato sauce and paste.

Cooked the sauce for about an hour.

Mixed ricotta, cottage cheese, eggs and parmesan cheese.

Assembled

Baked

Was delicious.

Add aupoker1 to Rail
  4. Could get the same thing at Cumberland farms.
    Edited By: URI_Stunna Feb 29th, 2016 at 08:03 AM
    Reason: Hanley Ramirez is playing first base. Lol.
    Add URI_Stunna to Rail
    Originally Posted by DONKWOOD View Post

Goddayum that lasagna looks good. Might need to make my recipe again (in a crockpot lol....its delicious)

Sometimes you just have these funny moments where you have to clarify the English language for Donk. What you mean to say is "it's delic-ish".
    Add Autolobotomist to Rail
  6. Have to make dinner tonight for some people and was looking for some ideas in this thread. Clicked on page 116 randomly and just spent the last 20 min reading the Jaybone vs Gloam grits debate.

Forgot how hilarious that was haha.
    Add sean614 to Rail
  7. anybody have a bread recipe they really like? I want to try a few different ones. just using regular grocery store yeast for now.
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  8. If you like whole wheat Myrtle Allen's Brown Bread is good. I like to add an amount of honey equal to the molasses called for in the recipe.
  9. perfect. I actually have some whole wheat flour around. iirc you've talked about sourdough starters before so eventually I might have to pick your brain on that. thanks for the recommendation.

I just mixed up a real basic loaf with bread flour and it's rising now. I'll post a picture later. the good thing is it used like 75 cents worth of ingredients so I won't feel bad throwing most of it out lol
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  10. Remember, even bread that sucks can be delightful when made into french toast.
  11. lol that's a good point. just add enough sugar and fat until it's good.
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  12. fuck yeah I'm a baker. sucks because I really don't eat much bread but it's good.

Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  13. That looks really good. A little honey butter and I'd be all set.
    Add XquiziVex to Rail
  14. thank you. that's a good idea. I literally have half a gallon of honey from this hipster organic honey place, that somehow my mom knows them. best honey ever.
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  15. Eat it up. My wife swears by local hipster honey to keep her allergies at bay this time of year.
    Add XquiziVex to Rail
  16. That looks like great bread to do a melt, Hank get on that!
    Add Mrfreeze53 to Rail
  17. mm I was just thinking BLTs.
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  18. Fresh blt go hard
    Add bucketorocks to Rail
    Originally Posted by Autolobotomist View Post

Sometimes you just have these funny moments where you have to clarify the English language for Donk. What you mean to say is "it's delic-ish".

I don't get it
    Add DONKWOOD to Rail
  20. I just listened to a random Rogan podcast today and he had Tom Papas on. Tom was talking about his bread making craze and how he created a "starter" to use for Sourdough.
    Add TheSilentBob to Rail
  21. right, it's basically wild yeast vs. the store-bought stuff. you grow a yeast colony in flour and water and you keep it alive by feeding it more flour and water, as opposed to the active dry stuff in the packet that you bring back to life with water when you want to use it. that's how actual bakeries do it. a lot of places have their own starter that's been going forever and it's like their brand.
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  22. Looks good hank. First thought was lol. Doesn't look cooked. Sucks that fresh bread gets hard/dry/moldy faster than others but atleast its cheap. Fresh bread is killer. Eat more sandwiches. Don't forget the iceburg lettuce
    Add URI_Stunna to Rail
  23. Damn that bread looks so tasty. Just need a little whipped butter or honey or jam or jelly or peanut butter or Nutella. Fuck. Anything be good with that bread.
    Add watson5j to Rail
  24. the lasagna and bread on this page are both works of art! well done gents
    Add TheWacoKidd to Rail
  25. Got 3 lbs of Italian beef in the slow cooker will post picks when done. First attempt at making it not using a pre made mix of spices and such
    Add Movetime99 to Rail
  26. ty URI, watson, and Waco. gl movietime.

I made BLTs with that bread. was gonna have two but ended up stuffing the other half of the bacon in my face before I made it lol. first time buying this pecan-smoked bacon from my butcher. I'm a big fan now.

Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  27. Not crispy enough. Would smash tho
    Add norcaljeff to Rail
    Originally Posted by norcaljeff View Post

Not crispy enough. Would smash tho

Ha, next you'll be telling us you'd bang out a girl with pointy elbows.
    Add Realbigfish4 to Rail
  29. I'd be willing to bet nobody in OT spent more money on bacon than I did last year. It's one of those things where good is so much better than just ok. Sadly I've switch over to turkey bacon in an attempt to prolong my inevitable heart attack
    Add Movetime99 to Rail