1. what do you do with this bread hank? just serve it with something else you cook?

serve it alone as an app with some olive oil/spice mix dipping plate?
    Add Zien50 to Rail
  2. usually I drizzle a slice with olive oil and a little salt and eat it like that. but a lot has gotten thrown away. I think this is the 7th loaf I've baked in the last few weeks lol. I get focused on stuff like this and it's more about figuring out how to do it. usually just hack some off in the middle of the day and eat it though.

I made a BLT with the first loaf (posted that here) even though the bread sucked. made deli sandwiches from that sandwich bread I posted. gave some to my parents on St. Paddy's. two loafs in a row went straight into the trash between the two I posted here.
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  3. Atleast its cheap. Minus the time and effort
    Add URI_Stunna to Rail
  4. yep. like the one I just posted used about 50 cents of ingredients.
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
    Originally Posted by Hank H1LL View Post

usually I drizzle a slice with olive oil and a little salt and eat it like that. but a lot has gotten thrown away. I think this is the 7th loaf I've baked in the last few weeks lol. I get focused on stuff like this and it's more about figuring out how to do it. usually just hack some off in the middle of the day and eat it though.

I made a BLT with the first loaf (posted that here) even though the bread sucked. made deli sandwiches from that sandwich bread I posted. gave some to my parents on St. Paddy's. two loafs in a row went straight into the trash between the two I posted here.

lol wait you threw away because you didn't want and just like figuring out how to make it? or it wasn't good?

You should buy some zatar (sp?) from a greek/Lebanese plate and put in olive oil. bet that would go awesome with it. Or some balsamic/olive oil mix
    Add Zien50 to Rail
  6. it just wasn't good. it was super dense, like no air holes, and that stuff isn't worth saving. I let it rise longer, still sucked. then I added more yeast, still sucked. then on the 3rd try I made the dough wetter and it was decent.

had to google it but that does sound good. unsurprisingly that would be tough to find around here lol
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  7. yeah I love the stuff. Place I go gives you a plate for free as an app. THey sell a huge bag of it for $5. Not sure if you like greek, but if you go to a place ask and they prob have it or something similar.

I made a pizza with zatar/olive oil base once. then had spinach, chicken shwarma, feta, red onion, and some kalamata olives on top with mozzarella. It was amazing but the spice didn't come through as much as I like. Prob switch it up and put the spice on top of everything next time and a little more of it.
    Add Zien50 to Rail
  8. for sure, that sounds damn good. other than gyros I haven't had much greek food.
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail

it just wasn't good. it was super dense, like no air holes, and that stuff isn't worth saving. I let it rise longer, still sucked. then I added more yeast, still sucked. then on the 3rd try I made the dough wetter and it was decent.

had to google it but that does sound good. unsurprisingly that would be tough to find around here lol

They sell that shit at supermarkets. Add fresh garlic to
    Add URI_Stunna to Rail
  10. olive oil with bread is super overrated

btw there's a specialty olive oil/vinegar store in noe valley. it's bomb. peach balsalmic on brie? zomg. reraise would cream his jorts
    Add norcaljeff to Rail
    Originally Posted by norcaljeff View Post

olive oil with bread is super overrated

well that's just not true. you guys make the best olive oil too. this stuff is good on everything.

Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  12. yeah disagree about EVOO.

but balsamic is amazing (hate peaches and peach flavored things though). Anyone ever had real balsamic (saw some doc about how balsamic here isn't real and the real shit is super expensive, like truffles)? Wonder how that tastes
    Add Zien50 to Rail
    Originally Posted by norcaljeff View Post

olive oil with bread is super overrated

I agree. I hate the taste of it in anything, and I've had some really expensive one's so it's not like I'm using some walmart shit.
    Add LeftyMark to Rail
    Originally Posted by Zien50 View Post

yeah disagree about EVOO.

but balsamic is amazing (hate peaches and peach flavored things though). Anyone ever had real balsamic (saw some doc about how balsamic here isn't real and the real shit is super expensive, like truffles)? Wonder how that tastes

it was actually apricot. that help?

Originally Posted by LeftyMark View Post

I agree. I hate the taste of it in anything, and I've had some really expensive one's so it's not like I'm using some walmart shit.

at the end of the day it's fucking oil.

I like cooking with it, I just don't want a shot of it
    Add norcaljeff to Rail
  15. fucking oil is a whole different thread. I wouldn't cook with that.
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  16. but would you fuck with cooking oil?
    Add KBruce337 to Rail
  17. There's a shit ton of olive trees in Arizona, and we've got a pretty rad olive mill and farm about 30 minutes away where I scored oil pressed like 6 days before I got it last month. It's pretty awesome. Also, get yourself some ajvar as well if you go to the middle eastern or mediterranean grocer.
    Add Autolobotomist to Rail
  18. right on. thanks for the link you posted btw. it was confusing as shit but it got me reading.
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  19. Hank. What's hardest part of a vegetable to cook?
    Add URI_Stunna to Rail
    Originally Posted by URI_Stunna View Post

Hank. What's hardest part of a vegetable to cook?

jebus, please let #MarchURI continue into april. this is fantastic
    Add norcaljeff to Rail
  21. idk what you mean, URI.
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail

idk what you mean, URI.

The wheel chair
    Add URI_Stunna to Rail
  23. lol
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  24. #STUNNED
    Add DONKWOOD to Rail
  25. lool
    Add Glo4m to Rail
  26. lol, were gonna need a new pot to cook this thread in. Everything is gonna taste metallic-y now.
    Add XquiziVex to Rail
  27. i use sunflower oil in my beard
    Add bucketorocks to Rail
  28. I use coconut oil! Twinsies! Sort...
    Add Autolobotomist to Rail
  29. my pizzas from last week and today.

pepperoni, mushroom, and pickled jalapeno:

chicken and pepperoni w/alfredo sauce:

I'm not like a huge pepperoni fan but it was easy. ate half of that second one and I'm feeling it.
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  30. Mushroom. Gross.

Hot sauce and blue cheese. > all fredo
    Edited By: URI_Stunna Apr 4th, 2016 at 03:51 AM
    Reason: Those pizzas look worse than papa johns.
    Add URI_Stunna to Rail