1. pork is still in the bath. still on the fence whether or not I'm gonna sear and pull it soon, or tomorrow. the bag is sooo full of juices from the fat rendering, it looks ready to me. will have another drink or 2 and make a final decision (likely will be gf's)
    Edited By: TheWacoKidd Apr 8th, 2016 at 03:42 AM
    Add TheWacoKidd to Rail
  2. update: got drunk, did not pull pork

50 hours in the bath now, feel like this is gonna be a big disappointment, after all this waiting. eating them in like 3-4 hours for dinner
    Add TheWacoKidd to Rail
  3. Drain the fat down your sink and later call the plummer for a house call.

Go out for dinner and order Carnitas fired in lard and a copper pot - and wrap it into a taco.

If you have raccoon's - leave your meat out for them. They will eat it.
    Add DeltaDan to Rail
    Originally Posted by TheWacoKidd View Post

update: got drunk, did not pull pork

50 hours in the bath now, feel like this is gonna be a big disappointment, after all this waiting. eating them in like 3-4 hours for dinner

I ended up going to the butcher and getting a 7-pounder. I threw 2 pounds in at 155F and pulled it out after 21 hours. it wasn't anywhere close to traditional pulled pork texture. you could just barely shred it into large chunks, but that's what I wanted because it's going on pizza. but I'm pretty confident you would have been disappointed with 145F/30H. 50 hours is probably good though.

I shredded it into chunks and sauteed them for a couple minutes so each piece has some texture. gonna make pizza later. hope it works out for you.

btw I saw you mentioned a lot of liquid. I trimmed off most of the fat cap beforehand and I think that was a good move. I let the bag liquid separate and it was still over half rendered fat.
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  5. can't see shit on this page.
    Add norcaljeff to Rail
    Originally Posted by norcaljeff View Post

can't see shit on this page.

Go out for dinner on Mission and 15th - and order Carnitas fired in lard and a copper pot - and just wrap it into a taco - Or not and call it a Fajita.

Take pic's for you to post as well.
    Add DeltaDan to Rail
  7. I'm going to Ranch Market for chicharones this weekend.
    Add Autolobotomist to Rail
    Originally Posted by norcaljeff View Post

can't see shit on this page.

Just bought a 7lb beef short rib plate. Should have some Dino bones on Sunday.
    Add Admiral to Rail
  9. wow, it was a great success!

pulled it out of the bath and began to sear it, right away the side with the fat fell right off:

hit the sides with the blowtorch so I didn't have to roll it around on all ends:

seared and ready to pull, pretty sure my camera lens had grease on it:

final product:

I really need Lefty to take pics of my food, he's the master.

oh and I stopped by the local BBQ place for pickles and onions and 3 sides. doing it right.
    Add TheWacoKidd to Rail
  10. Looks great. Still don't think I could wait 50 hours for something to eat.
    Add LeftyMark to Rail
    Originally Posted by LeftyMark View Post

Looks great. Still don't think I could wait 50 hours for something to eat.

there's a baby-eating joke in there but meh
    Add norcaljeff to Rail
    Originally Posted by Autolobotomist View Post

I'm going to Ranch Market for chicharones this weekend.

Take Jeff with you - And post some Pic's that he can say he was ever their for the taking. -- Then stuff a pickle down his mouth.

This Idiot can not even afford or take a picture of some the best ever sandwiches -- Only some bus change away from himself.

http://www.sandwichspotsf.co/#!menu/c30g

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Th...6446480e546d74

And Sad but True - They raised their prices for sandwiches $1.45 each or more for the new "Minimum Wage" of $15 and hour and no hours to get Medical/Benefits ...

Going to miss that place .................................................. ........
    Add DeltaDan to Rail
    Originally Posted by TheWacoKidd View Post

final product:

I really need Lefty to take pics of my food, he's the master.

oh and I stopped by the local BBQ place for pickles and onions and 3 sides. doing it right.

Fuck Yeahhhhh.

Add 80lballz to Rail
    Originally Posted by Hank H1LL View Post

gonna make pizza later.

URI is gonna love it.

Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  15. What you need a strainer to drain off all the water from the under cooked cheese and dough?

Lol. Looks good minus the mushrooms tho
    Add URI_Stunna to Rail
  16. lol thanks
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  17. Haha. I'd eat all ya food. I'd just pick off the mushrooms. It would still be tainted like a Tennessee athletic trainer but I'd eat it
    Edited By: URI_Stunna Apr 9th, 2016 at 03:37 AM
    Reason: No e beef. Lol. I think u realize
    Add URI_Stunna to Rail
    Originally Posted by URI_Stunna View Post

Haha. I'd eat all ya food. I'd just pick off the mushrooms. It would still be tainted like a Tennessee athletic trainer but I'd eat it

ya hank, I would eat all your food and taint too, you are an artist

Edited By: 80lballz Apr 9th, 2016 at 03:38 AM
    Add 80lballz to Rail
  19. yea no I get it, URI. it's just food. thanks 80.
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  20. We need a rate mushrooms thread.

I couldn't imagine life without fungi.
    Add XquiziVex to Rail
  21. I can only eat mushrooms if they are on a pizza. I can't eat them by themselves.
    Add DONKWOOD to Rail
    Originally Posted by URI_Stunna View Post

Haha. I'd eat all ya food. I'd just pick off the mushrooms. It would still be tainted like a Tennessee athletic trainer but I'd eat it

looooooooooooool
    Add norcaljeff to Rail
    Originally Posted by XquiziVex View Post

We need a rate mushrooms thread.

I couldn't imagine life without fungi.

never met a mushroom I didn't like. if they're not my favorite it's close. seems like a lot of people either love them or hate them.
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail

never met a mushroom I didn't like. if they're not my favorite it's close. seems like a lot of people either love them or hate them.

agree. altho I really like just plain old white mushrooms. I feel like people get enamored of fancy ones and fuck up otherwise good dishes
    Add norcaljeff to Rail
  25. I'm usually too cheap to buy the fancier ones. I stick with portabellos/criminis and will do the white button mushrooms if the others look shitty. they're the plain jane of mushrooms though. everybody goes nuts for the morels around here when they show up. not sure how common those are other places.
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  26. Nice Hank !

Dayum- I just awoke of of a 36+ hour awake and powered through a '04 Zin and just awoke to take a piss ... Havent back read this thread but I imagine I drunk posted in it as it was up on the PC.

So please accept my apologies everyone.
    Edited By: DeltaDan Apr 9th, 2016 at 04:51 AM
    Add DeltaDan to Rail

I'm usually too cheap to buy the fancier ones. I stick with portabellos/criminis and will do the white button mushrooms if the others look shitty. they're the plain jane of mushrooms though. everybody goes nuts for the morels around here when they show up. not sure how common those are other places.

morels are amazing; in laws have a bunch of them that grow along the creek....would never pay 30$/pound for mushrooms, but i'll spend an hour drinking a few beers and getting some....
    Add Earlybird893 to Rail
  28. they're good but I'd rather sell them than eat them lol
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  29. im usually drunk and hungry by the time i have a pound or two of them; would never want to spend a whole day off looking for mushrooms to sell. if i want to work all day ill just pick up a shift

theyre definitely my 2nd favorite mushroom variety though
    Add Earlybird893 to Rail
  30. How can you tell if a wild mushroom is edible?
    Add rebelfd to Rail