1. Eat it then wait like 30 minutes. If you don't die, problem solved.
    Add LeftyMark to Rail
    Originally Posted by rebelfd View Post

How can you tell if a wild mushroom is edible?

A book and a prayer.
    Add MadTiger to Rail
  3. Pizza Margherita. ~10 on a pizza stone on the grill ~500. Finished it off under the broiler for a few minutes.

Add rebelfd to Rail
  4. FUCKIN A RIGHT. That looks great.
    Add 80lballz to Rail
  5. Too much oil. I'd eat it tho. No mushrooms ftw

Lil More sause lil lest chees
    Edited By: URI_Stunna Apr 10th, 2016 at 04:51 AM
    Add URI_Stunna to Rail
  6. looks good, rebel. just needs more mushrooms.
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  7. toppings are a bit skimpy imo
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Jaybone2315 View Post

toppings are a bit skimpy imo

Hmm...
    Add norcaljeff to Rail

9. Beef Short Ribs and an 8lb pork butt. Went on about 2 hours ago, looking to eat around 2-3 just in time for the Masters broadcast. Tried a mustard base before putting on the rub this time. It all cooks off so you don't get the mustard taste but I'm just experimenting to see how it effects the rub.
    Add Admiral to Rail
  10. I like putting mustard on my butt. Lloks good. Can't wait for some after pics.
    Add LeftyMark to Rail
  11. Mushroom recipes? I usually just use butter or some oil, garlic and soy sauce. Tasty but been doing it this way for the last 3 months getting a little old
    Add LVpokerdealer to Rail
  12. tbspish of butter; tbspoonish of minced garlic; saute garlic on butter for a few minutes

add some mushrooms, baby bellas seem to work best, or sliced big portabellos, saute for 2-3 minutes

add beef stock, wine, soy sauce; add this to your taste (soy sauce gives most taste but be careful)

ill add a little minced onion and parsley as well

reduce

play with above to taste; works great with grilled steaks/chicken or italian; sauce soaks up well in some garlic bread
    Add Earlybird893 to Rail
    Originally Posted by LVpokerdealer View Post

Mushroom recipes? I usually just use butter or some oil, garlic and soy sauce. Tasty but been doing it this way for the last 3 months getting a little old

I like them stuffed. You can make them ahead of time and just pop them in the oven. So many different things you can use too.
    Add LeftyMark to Rail
  14. Probably the best piece of meat I've ever cooked.

For scale
    Add Admiral to Rail
  15. You should have a caveman themed party and serve those. Looks great.
    Add LeftyMark to Rail
  16. damn Admiral those look awesome
    Add JKoblyn to Rail
  17. mmm nice ribs.
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  18. More pork shoulder

Open face cole slaw, vinegar sauce sandwich.

Today was a good day.
    Add Admiral to Rail
  19. Looks great.

How's tha dog
    Add URI_Stunna to Rail
  20. a few recent ones.

beef heart. super underrated:

a boule I was proud of:

sausage and pepper calzones. non-white trash version:

cavatelli and sausage ragu. Amazon had gnocchi boards on sale for $4.95 so finally justified buying a piece of scrap wood:
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  21. nice, that gnocchi looks great! always love your pasta. don't think I've ever had beef heart, not sure I want to google that...

I did a tri-tip last week sous vide 138 for 6 hours + a sear obv, but just a pre-seasoned one from Trader Joe's:

Add TheWacoKidd to Rail
  22. looks delicious. tri-tip is perfect for sous vide imo. it's just like a giant steak. glad to see it's working for you.

it was my first heart. my parents buy a cow every year from one of their neighbors and they don't touch the weird offal-y cuts. it took a little work to trim off all the tough stuff but once it's trimmed you can slice it into strips and fry it up in a couple minutes. it's super lean but not tough as long as you don't overcook it. the flavor is somewhere between chuck and liver, but closer to chuck, if that makes any sense.
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  23. I'm happy to have contributed to this page, one of the best we've had in this thread.

Made this on Sunday, squash and quinoa fritter, bacon, poached eggs and basil greek yogurt. Fiance made the fritters for dinner the night before and had a bunch of the mixture left. Squash, quinoa, flour, not sure what spices she used, then pan fried them. They came out great.

If you guys with a sous vide haven't done poached eggs yet, you are really missing out.

Edited By: Admiral Apr 19th, 2016 at 01:01 PM
    Add Admiral to Rail
  24. that sounds damn good. I still haven't done the sous vide egg thing. not sure why not. runny egg yolks are the perfect sauce for so many things.
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  25. You should sous vide a whole pig in ya bath tup
    Add URI_Stunna to Rail
  26. or a Celtics fan.
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  27. Celtics fan would be good. Lots a white meat. Most are rich. Prolly good fat ratio
    Add URI_Stunna to Rail
  28. I may have my own kitchen again next week. I'm looking forward to contributing here a bit more.

Admiral, Hank, thank you guys for all that you do.
    Add Autolobotomist to Rail
  29. Chag Sameach, started at 5:30 this morning.

Add Admiral to Rail
  30. gesundheit
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail