1. Sickle cell anemia ain't no joke -- *RIP

Add TrafficKing to Rail
  2. Would have been better if it was on Pac's bday tbh

Add Gotskillz to Rail
  3. Add El Guapo to Rail
  4. i still can't believe it. I want to throw up

RIP P
    Add kellykip to Rail
  5. Infamous is one of the greatest records of all time, but I don't think any rap album has aged as well as Hell on Earth, including Infamous. Really glad I went to see him last month instead of waiting till next time, cause you just never know, especially with someone who had severe sickle cell pain his whole life. In his book he talked about trying to commit suicide as a kid because the pain was unbearable and he was in and out of the hospital every couple of months.

Always made NY proud and repped it as hard as anyone, period.

Add kellykip to Rail
  6. I got the style of a stillborn child, I'm ill
    If it's beef, poke him with the fork, make sure he's done well
    The streets raised me crazy, now I'm immune to it
    So when they start shootin, we don't stop the music

Add kellykip to Rail
  7. I was gonna pm kip, but I didn't want to be the one.
    Add norcaljeff to Rail

8. Broccoli 4 Breakfast
    RIP
    Add ericINtheX to Rail
  9. ain't no such things as half-way cooks
    Add norcaljeff to Rail
    Originally Posted by norcaljeff View Post

ain't no such things as half-way cooks

haha - that cracked me up when he said it.

Pretty disappointed at the lack of attention Hot 97 and Power 105 have given this. Flex played some shit last night on 97 but really kept it to Quiet Storm and Shook Ones for the most part, and Breakfast Club should have been 100% about Prodigy this morning instead of as sideline topic. Probably has more to do with how corporate and national these stations are now instead of locally programmed. sad.

On the subway plenty of people were talking about it tho, so the stations are just out of touch.
    Add kellykip to Rail
  11. I originally thought that the black guy from the band Prodigy died. I wuz confused.
    Add Johnny Slippy to Rail
  12. His bars on the 3rd verse of Hell on Earth are considered by a lot of fans to be his best ever, along with the opening of Shook Ones 2 obviously. Hard to say cause there's a lot to choose from just off the HOE record alone.

Pretty sick to think that by the time he was 21, he had already written both Infamous and Hell on Earth. That's some prodigal shit right there.

Add kellykip to Rail
    Originally Posted by kellykip View Post

i still can't believe it. I want to throw up

riP
    Edited By: Paki_Poker Jun 21st, 2017 at 03:33 PM

Add Paki_Poker to Rail
  14. The infamous and Hell on earth were on constant repeat in high school.

RIP
    Add s1nnr to Rail
  15. Diddy: "If you want to listen to some hip hop, you listen to Mobb Deep."
    Add kellykip to Rail
  16. Only 16 replies you people don't know.
    Add rebelfd to Rail
  17. He's probably in morning right now, but here ya go buddy

Add Realbigfish4 to Rail
  18. Damn, this thead is such a great flashback. Had the Mobb Deep and Alchemist albums back in the day. Havent heard these songs in years.
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail
    Originally Posted by rebelfd View Post

Only 16 replies you people don't know.

Add norcaljeff to Rail
  20. When Prodigy was signed with G-Unit and then he got busted on the gun charge back when the NYPD had their hip hop task force out in the streets trying real hard to get a lot of them locked up, they tried to get Prodigy to do 50 cent dirty in exchange for making his case go away, but P wasn't having it and ended up giving them nothing and going away for 3 years on his charge.

From 50 cent's instagram:

The police tried to get P to set me up. They asked him if I keep any gun or drugs around. Then wanted him to put a gun in my car. He didn't do it, instead he told me what they were trying to do. My man P
    Add kellykip to Rail
    Originally Posted by rebelfd View Post

Only 16 replies you people don't know.

Lol before this morning I had never heard of Mobb Deep.
    Add LeftyMark to Rail
    Originally Posted by LeftyMark View Post

Lol before this morning I had never heard of Mobb Deep.

Lol rly?
    Thread StarterAdd TrafficKing to Rail
    Originally Posted by TrafficKing View Post

Lol rly?

I mean... Mobb Deep wasnt exactly mainstream.

I doubt too many middle aged white guys from New England have any clue who they are lol.
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail
  24. Hey kip. I think They were playing a prodigy tribute on wriu.org from what I heard today. From 3-6 m-f they play u derground rap. I think u can re listen online. I only heard a few while driving not sure if they did a whole show but wouldn't be suprised if they played a bunch
    Add URI_Stunna to Rail
    Originally Posted by URI_Stunna View Post

Hey kip. I think They were playing a prodigy tribute on wriu.org from what I heard today. From 3-6 m-f they play u derground rap. I think u can re listen online. I only heard a few while driving not sure if they did a whole show but wouldn't be suprised if they played a bunch

ima look that up

Add kellykip to Rail
  26. It's 90.3 fm here. They have good reggae shows too. It's pretty funny cause when a show ends there's like a child molester playing Disney songs for a few hrs after. Lol. It's like pbs. They take donations to keep going

Haha. I tried to check to listen and I saw they had uri college baseball broadcasts. I knew but lol

They got uri basketball and the idiots never say the score. Tilts me to shit. There's 10 people listening. What's the score. Fuck
    Edited By: URI_Stunna Jun 22nd, 2017 at 04:09 AM
    Add URI_Stunna to Rail
    Originally Posted by TrafficKing View Post

Sickle cell anemia ain't no joke

Never shoulda played ski steves 8 yr olds bar mitsfah in Denver
    Add URI_Stunna to Rail
    Originally Posted by Jaybone2315 View Post

I mean... Mobb Deep wasnt exactly mainstream.

I doubt too many middle aged white guys have any clue who they are lol.

Add aupoker1 to Rail
  29. Prodigy's daughter posted this photo on her IG back in the winter @santanafox

Talk about being your father's daughter wow. Kinda sad that she has those exact same full of pain look in her eyes, but hope she finds peace

Add kellykip to Rail