Originally Posted by norcaljeff View Post

hmmm, I tried to google, but says 96 for both. but still. rep the baY THEN SELL OUT? FUCK YOU AND YOUR TERRORIST MAMA. run up (and stop hitting capslock lol oops)

It was the 2nd single off the Makaveli Don Killuminati Album which came out Nov 96. He died in Sept 96. Seems like an odd reason to hate the greatest. As Alch said, he was a New York rapper. He never repped the Westside before his release from jail/All Eyes on Me.

Add Paki_Poker to Rail
  2. tupac was an nyc rapper? wut on earf???
    Add norcaljeff to Rail
  3. Yup, back when he was with Stretch and Big Syke I'm pretty sure I read he was working in NY. Also, the studio he was shot in was in NY when he was headed up to record a song with Biggie. I don't believe I ever heard him rep the westside before California Love, and he already had 3 albums (and 1 group album) selling by then.

And to add to that, the Outlawz are from New Jersey.
    Edited By: Paki_Poker Aug 16th, 2017 at 05:55 PM

Add Paki_Poker to Rail
  4. Was just listening to HOE while eating - P's pen game was so tight

My coalition specialize in collision
    The clash of the cliques
    The duel of the iron MAC spit
    That leave ya half split
    You'll be missin' much more than a fraction
    When it's time for action
    Add kellykip to Rail
  5. he was in digital underground. wtf is happening?
    Add norcaljeff to Rail
    Originally Posted by kellykip View Post

Was just listening to HOE while eating - P's pen game was so tight

My coalition specialize in collision
    The clash of the cliques
    The duel of the iron MAC spit
    That leave ya half split
    You'll be missin' much more than a fraction
    When it's time for action

Raekwon, Nas, and Prodigy have the most authentic New York style imo..it's in the DNA of the rhyme scheme. someone from Chicago could spit Pun lyrics and it would just sound like high level rhymes..but I swear, even if Project Pat were to spit a Prodigy verse, it would sound New York af regardless of the accent and whatnot
    Add The Alchemist to Rail
  7. Yeah even more than Ghost, Raekwon is definitely the cat whose vocal style gave Wu that unmistakable NY sound; he's always been my fave member. Cuban Linx and HNIC both more than stand up to any of Nasir's records imo, and they are all pretty much celebrations of that rhyme scheme DNA you reference.

So couldn't agree more on the three you mentioned being THE ones speaking for the boros.
    Add kellykip to Rail
  8. shit, that reminds me - gotta find video of that Raekwon show a few weeks ago from BB King's that he turned into a P tribute.

brb

You can just see in his face and how he kept just smiling as the Mobb beats played how much he was feelin it, and how much love he has for P. At around 4:30 in the middle of CREAM (EDIT - my bad, was right off the top) they flip it over to MOBB beats and he goes with the MOBB theme from there on out. (but from the start it's all tribute - just loved when they flipped it on CREAM).

Just love seeing Raekwon's expressions and the love just pouring out. This shit really got to me.
    Edited By: kellykip Aug 16th, 2017 at 07:06 PM
    Add kellykip to Rail
  9. man don't even get me started on the Wu. they have 6 of my top 25 rappers, with Method Man in my top 5. I could talk Wu Tang all day

this feels like a good time to point out that it's a myth that ODB couldn't actually rap. behind that mumbled stream of conscious jibberish was a man that fully understood the craft. truly the drunken master of hip hop
    Edited By: The Alchemist Aug 16th, 2017 at 07:23 PM
  10. That is absolutely tremendous. Rae has always been that kinda guy.

Imo, OB4CL is on the short-list of albums where every single track is great.

Add Beldar C to Rail
  11. haha, always liked ODB - dude could bring it for sure. Raekwon always been my favorite, but Inspectah can cut loose and has some obviously classic verses - but even loved ID on collabs like Tres Leches - P and Inspectah both crushed it, but can make a case that Inspectah outshone them both:

Inspecta beastmoded the fuck out of that jam. Uncontrolled Substance is criminally slept on too - title track is super ill ID spittin.

Saw an interview (not sure if it was with Ghost, RZA, or Meth), and whichever one it was talking about a rap battle they all had and that Cappadonna is the one who bodied the whole bunch.

as much as i fucked with Wu, I still know I underrated them, and I have been going back a lot to re-appreciate their shit
    Add kellykip to Rail
    Originally Posted by Beldar C View Post

That is absolutely tremendous. Rae has always been that kinda guy.

Imo, OB4CL is on the short-list of albums where every single track is great.

That shit gets to me every single time I watch it. Yeah Cuban Linx is about as good a solo record gets

ODB shows off those skills on Brooklyn Zoo - such a dope track
    Edited By: kellykip Aug 16th, 2017 at 07:40 PM
    Add kellykip to Rail
  13. Want proof of how sick WU is? I didn't even MENTION a couple of guys who might be on the short list of the best to ever do it, when i mentioned 3 or 4 others that I loved from WU/affiliates.

And on top of all the rhyme talent, RZA dropping musical genius. good lord.
    Add kellykip to Rail
  14. Yoooo.....deck MURDERED that shit. That's the only time Pun was ever outshined on a track. Pun made blackthought's verses(strong af) sound fairly pedestrian on Super Lyrical..deck wasn't having it tho. God damn that took me back, good shit kip
  15. Yeah Inspectah Deck bodies 2 members of Mount Rushmore with one shot. Gotta salute that shit cause it don't never happen.

That was like some blackout shit where dude is just possessed for a minute lol
    Edited By: kellykip Aug 16th, 2017 at 08:09 PM
    Add kellykip to Rail
    Add Paki_Poker to Rail
  17. Jordan Tower got Cormega on live on Youtube right now talkin Prodigy etc.

Add kellykip to Rail
  18. Didn't really talk about P. And Mega acting a touch suspect tbh ever since the mural defacing shit went down and he got all defensive when people got on him for taking down his 'sucker shit' IG post when it got back to him that the violation of the mural was on orders from Sherm.

meh
    Add kellykip to Rail
  19. Good shit with that Banks track

'Bitch I'm the upper case P in the word rap
    Dont make me green light you that dirt nap'

RIP Dom Perignon P
    Add kellykip to Rail
  20. [IMG][/IMG]
    Edited By: kellykip Aug 18th, 2017 at 10:00 AM
    Add kellykip to Rail
  21. In terms of great solo records made by members of HOF groups, H.N.I.C. is very high up the list.

All of the following are great tracks:

Keep It Thoro
    What U Rep (w N.O.R.E.)
    H.N.I.C.
    Can't Complain (w Big Twin, Chinky)
    Wannabe Thugs (w Hav)
    Three (w Mega)
    You Can Never Feel My Pain (re sickle cell)
    Veterans Memorial
    Young Black Entrepreneurs
    Gun Play (w Noyd)
    Infamous Minded (w Noyd)
    Rock Dat

First 8 are no debate great songs, last 4 are really good. That's a sick sick album right there.

Now remember, Quiet Storm was a song P wrote for H.N.I.C., P said no when Columbia asked if they could use it for Murda Muzik instead, but the Columbia and Havoc then flat out begged P for it cause they needed a single from MM. The rest is history - Quiet Storm being considered one of the greatest songs ever written.

H.N.I.C. is considered a classic as is, but put Quiet Storm on the H.N.I.C. list tho, and you likely have the greatest solo record ever released.

Still can't believe P gone
    Add kellykip to Rail
  22. P droppin knowledge and inspiring the people, and then at the end drops censored version of Quiet Storm in a church lol

The speech part is dope as fuck too.

RIP Quiet Storm Church Mix P
    Add kellykip to Rail
  23. that's easily the longest youtube vid I've (from ot) ever watched. one love. such troof. real recognize real. fuck that he gone.
    Add norcaljeff to Rail

that's easily the longest youtube vid I've (from ot) ever watched. one love. such troof. real recognize real. fuck that he gone.

no doubt - great stuff totally from the heart.

Add kellykip to Rail
  25. Add URI_Stunna to Rail
  26. haha nice - I had a jeep wrangler back in the day around that time and it got swiped one night not too far from QB, so who knows lol
    Add kellykip to Rail
  27. P was such a master at opening lines, not an easy thing to do considering most writers find it much easier and logical to ease into it and build. But P comes out like Hagler/Hearns and just ramps up the shots.

Way too many I'll be leaving out obviously, but

"Alright now, pay attention to the crime rhyme Houdini P"

'I put my lifetime in between the paper's lines
    I'm the quiet storm nigga who fight rhyme"

"There's a war going on outside no man is safe from"

"I break bread, ribs, hundred dollar bills
    peel on Ducatis and other four wheels"

"I got you stuck off the realness, we be the infamous
    you heard of us, official Queensbridge murderers"

"Ayo, Queens get the money long time no cash"

RIP Leadoff Hitter P
    Add kellykip to Rail
    Originally Posted by kellykip View Post

haha nice - I had a jeep wrangler back in the day around that time and it got swiped one night not too far from QB, so who knows lol

new jack city kip parked his jeep in two spots
    Add norcaljeff to Rail
  29. Another sweet P song opener, specially for movie fans:

"When it come to Tecs, I'm similar to a Menace
    an O-Dog sniffin caine couldn't fuck with the damage"

new jack city kip parked his jeep in two spots

lol not when it comes to grimy Q-boro parking. I stay in my lane when I'm somewhere where I'm on a visitor's pass.
    Add kellykip to Rail
  30. P Double on Max B getting cracked over the head with a bottle Sherm the Worm style.

Warning to other shit talkers that they could be next

Add kellykip to Rail