Originally Posted by Z-Fresh View Post

I had a friend I grew up with who would only have sex with his girlfriend if Bob Segar playing. It was the oddest and best thing I've ever heard in my life. It was confirmed by the girlfriend after they broke up.

I would have had sex even if the only sound was voorh33s dictating his memoirs

edit - never heard that one, for sure.
    Edited By: skeeze666 2 Weeks Ago at 04:42 PM
    Thread StarterAdd skeeze666 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Boutros View Post

you guys are all older or like kev who is a music expert. I'm gonna need jaybone and the like to come in here and help me out.

You're just doing your patented "I'm too cool to know who this is" shtick. There's no fuxking way in hell you've never heard of a bunch of those songs. Not even saying you knew who the band was, but you definitely know those songs if you've been alive in America and white for at least 25 years.

These no way at least one of them wasn't in some advertising campaign or some movie you watched a thousand times and heard relentlessly.

The only options here are that you have the memory for music or whatever of a goldfish or you're not being completely genuine about your lack of knowledge. Or you're being purposely obtuse almost subconsciously as a mechanism to not have to bend your initial position.
    Edited By: XXEDPXX 2 Weeks Ago at 04:44 PM
    Add XXEDPXX to Rail
    Originally Posted by ginwilly View Post

Oh yeah, I'm from Detroit, Seger is God there.

My brother graduated in the 70's and says Night Moves led him to Paradise by the Dashboard Lights (now he's praying for the end of time). Got married at 18....

Before Bob Seger was famous (The Bob Seger System) he released an underground Vietnam protest song that sold about 50,000 copies, unheard of sales at the time. So 60's sounding.

Enjoy a Bob Seger song you've probably never heard of.

God damn my memory is good only when it comes to music. I have in fact heard of this song because you posted it in my seger thread 5 years ago: https://www.pocketfives.com/f13/seger-675211/ but that time I hadn't heard it before.
    Add coolhandkev to Rail
    Originally Posted by skeeze666 View Post

I would have had sex even if the only sound was voorh33s dictating his memoirs

edit - never heard that one, for sure.

When I first started having sex I liked to play Cashmere and try to last the entire song, it was my training material, but yeah, I would have had sex to anything or nothing.
    Add ginwilly to Rail
    Originally Posted by coolhandkev View Post

No that's bullshit. These are the two you should have heard no questions asked:

Finally! Good call. I know this one but not the others you posted. This is a decent jam I suppose.
    Add Boutros to Rail
    Originally Posted by XXEDPXX View Post

You're just doing your patented "I'm too cool to know who this is" shtick. There's no fuxking way in hell you've never heard of a bunch of those songs. Not even saying you knew who the band was, but you definitely know those songs if you've been alive in America and white for at least 25 years.

Just found the first one that I could anticipate the next sound to. lol at me having a schtick like that, good one. I was just totally blown away by all this. Saturday in the Park is def a song I've heard and it's decent. Cool band.
    Add Boutros to Rail
  7. Sorry to be come off like such a dick, but I'm really passionate about Chicago.
    Add XXEDPXX to Rail
  8. Add Boutros to Rail
  9. Trivia: According to Billboard chart statistics, Chicago is second only to The Beach Boys as the most successful American rock band of all time, in terms of both albums and singles.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1345838/

Scroll down for movies or shows you may know them from
  10. I guess being president of their fan club means nothing

The beginning 25 or 6 to 4 is probably played on a Sunday or Monday night football game as a lead in to a commercial every week.
    Edited By: XXEDPXX 2 Weeks Ago at 04:58 PM
    Add XXEDPXX to Rail
  11. Chicago is kind of like Jefferson Airplane. Started out amazing, went way down the fucking tubes.
    Add itch1515 to Rail
    Originally Posted by skeeze666 View Post

Trivia: According to Billboard chart statistics, Chicago is second only to The Beach Boys as the most successful American rock band of all time, in terms of both albums and singles.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1345838/

Scroll down for movies or shows you may know them from

Yeah so after I read onem's post I immediately wiki'd them and read this. That's when I started feeling like the simulation had glitched. I can see a lot of these songs being decent background/elevator type music in movies and whatnot.
    Edited By: Boutros 2 Weeks Ago at 04:58 PM
    Add Boutros to Rail
    Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post

Type o negative snubbed. Boycotting rrhof

No Black Flag either. Rob Zombie should get in at some point as well.

Add SpankyHamm to Rail

Add SpankyHamm to Rail
  15. Lead singer left Chicago and dropped this hit. Considered for other films, it landed in Karate Kid II.

Add TheSilentBob to Rail
  16. The ladies love Cetera.

Add SpankyHamm to Rail
    Originally Posted by TheSilentBob View Post

Lead singer left Chicago and dropped this hit. Considered for other films, it landed in Karate Kid II.

18. Ok kids. Time to get off of the Chicago kick and anything related to the band.

Let's now talk about why Ronnie Jame Dio, The Replacements, Faith No More, Jethro Tull and Pixies aren't in. I'm mean...come on...right??
    Add Z-Fresh to Rail
    Originally Posted by kellykip View Post

yeah the fall is usually really good for small/medium venue gigs.

Been jonesing to see Tesla lately lol- i gotta look them up

They just played on Long Island . We saw them up in New Hampshire in summer headlining . Wish they played longer but still was solid show.
    Add AFink93 to Rail
  20. I don't follow the HoF stuff, but it has to be seriously political.
  21. Jann Wenner hates certain genres - progressive rock, heavy metal. And if you've ever given him or the magazine a hard time, you aren't getting in.

Add SpankyHamm to Rail
    Originally Posted by resilient View Post

dude Moody Blues crushes most of that list. What is a 4th song Eurythmics did? lolllll

I was never into Moody Blues though I respect them as a band and as musicians. As a music nerd, I can't name more than 3 songs. I'm not into Journey, never owned an album, but can name 6 songs off the top of my head.

Eurythmics tho - I was, and still am, a fan:

1. Sweet Dreams
    2. Here comes the rain again
    3. Love is a Stranger
    4. Who's that Girl
    5. Sisters are doin it for themselves
    6. Missionary man
    7. Would I lie to you

Ok, i ran out of steam and don't want to cheat by looking stuff up but they had some solid hits in the above list. They'll get in.
    Add p00pymcp00perton to Rail
  23. Hey gin, true story, whenever I meet anybody from Michigan I always tell them everything I know about that state I learned in a Bob Seger tune.
    Add p00pymcp00perton to Rail

you guys are all older or like kev who is a music expert. I'm gonna need jaybone and the like to come in here and help me out.

lol man... youre not gonna like this.

But of course i know who Chicago is. I know like 95% of the songs posted in this thread and could probably sing along with all of them.

Sorry man... youre on your own.
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail

Finally! Good call. I know this one but not the others you posted. This is a decent jam I suppose.

I posted the 6 songs last night including this and Beginnings which you completely ignored. Standard.
    Add resilient to Rail
  26. I think the criteria is too loose. They should add a minimum of 5 hit songs as a requirement. But I guess "hit" is subjective? Which is kinda ironic since half the inductees wouldn't be considered rock. I know radiohead has a huge following but you all know they had one fucking hit. And fuck jethro tull and his aqua lung
    Add Mr. Blonde to Rail
  27. Thread StarterAdd skeeze666 to Rail
  28. Jethro Tull should be in - enough hits, unique take on rock music.

That said, Jethro Tull was one of the worst concerts I ever went to. Not sure why - but there was no opening act, scheduled to start at 8 PM, they came on around 9:15 PM. Then they played about 45 minute set, played maybe 1 well known hit, and then they left. We thought there was going to be a second set, but then the house lights came up. No announcements, no encore. Was fucking horrible.

Add SpankyHamm to Rail
    Originally Posted by ginwilly View Post

When I first started having sex I liked to play Cashmere and try to last the entire song, it was my training material, but yeah, I would have had sex to anything or nothing.

I used to make sure a baseball game was on the tv in the room at the time; not cause thinking about baseball got me to last longer or anything, I was just really into baseball.
    Add kellykip to Rail
Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 93 4 5 6 7