Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post

I think the criteria is too loose. They should add a minimum of 5 hit songs as a requirement. But I guess "hit" is subjective? Which is kinda ironic since half the inductees wouldn't be considered rock. I know radiohead has a huge following but you all know they had one fucking hit. And fuck jethro tull and his aqua lung

Lol at "hits" being important. Radiohead sell ALBUMS because their music is complex and amazing, not something that is catchy. Their works are crtiically acclaimed and revered in every corner of the world. They don't try to make hits, they don't make music to try to sell records, they don't make music to make money.... they do it to make art. And that's why they are great.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/music/...in-music-2017/

Jethro Tull is the name of the band, not a person (well historically it was a person)
    Edited By: resilient Oct 7th, 2017 at 02:31 AM
    Add resilient to Rail
  2. fair enough. They still suck
    Add Mr. Blonde to Rail
    Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post

fair enough. They still suck

I'm sure they do. Who's good? Quiet Riot?
    Add resilient to Rail
    Originally Posted by resilient View Post

I'm sure they do. Who's good? Quiet Riot?

Quiet riot is pretty good and they got Jizzy Pearl singing for them a few years back which didn't hurt their stock
    Add coolhandkev to Rail
  5. If we're going quality of albums as concepts vs hit singles for Radiohead, then Queensryche suddenly enters the equation. They would never get in, but Operation: Mindcrime stands up vs any concept rock record ever written.

And that includes The Who
    Add kellykip to Rail
    Originally Posted by kellykip View Post

If we're going quality of albums as concepts vs hit singles for Radiohead, then Queensryche suddenly enters the equation. They would never get in, but Operation: Mindcrime stands up vs any concept rock record ever written.

And that includes The Who

Queensryche is so god damned underrated and yeah Mindcrime definitely doesn't take no shit from any other concept album
    Add coolhandkev to Rail
  7. The Wall
    Tommy
    2112 (Rush for my Canada hating friends)
    Aqualung
    Joe's Garage (gotta mention Zappa at least once itt)
    Mindcrime
    Add ginwilly to Rail
  8. I've said it before but Quadrophenia is my favorite Who album and a better concept album than Tommy IMO

Eddie Vedder came to chicago recently to perform the whole album with Pete but I couldn't make it sigh
    Add coolhandkev to Rail
  9. If Accept never makes it in it will a biggest travesty in the history of metal

Add DONKWOOD to Rail
  10. The Cure not being in is probably the most glaring omission IMO.
    Add JAAAAA!!!! to Rail
  11. The Cure should be in for sure. Another head scratcher is Pat Benetar. Not because she was all-time great or anything but because she was good and had a vagina.
    Add ginwilly to Rail
  12. Add DONKWOOD to Rail
    Originally Posted by JAAAAA!!!! View Post

The Cure not being in is probably the most glaring omission IMO.

lol
    Add kellykip to Rail
    Originally Posted by resilient View Post

I posted the 6 songs last night including this and Beginnings which you completely ignored. Standard.

Honest mistake. I read your posts.
    Add Boutros to Rail

Wait, is this real? I don't keep track of the Hall every year so I assumed they'd be in first ballot. Such bullshit.
    Add p00pymcp00perton to Rail
  16. Of all the bands mentioned ITT who are not in the HOF we’re going with The Cure as the most glaring omission, huh?
    Add Z-Fresh to Rail
  17. I wonder which threads get bigger snobs?

Music
    Movies

May need a mod poll. Could be very close.
    Thread StarterAdd skeeze666 to Rail
  18. music ainec
    Add Boutros to Rail

I agree with that.

Originally Posted by Z-Fresh View Post

Of all the bands mentioned ITT who are not in the HOF we’re going with The Cure as the most glaring omission, huh?

It's going to be an opinion on the caliber of heavy metal in music. The Cure not being in is ridiculous. But again... we're arguing over a flawed institution.
    Edited By: resilient Oct 8th, 2017 at 04:12 AM
    Add resilient to Rail
  20. Yeah.

OT music snobs >>>> movie snobs
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Jaybone2315 View Post

Yeah.

OT music snobs >>>> movie snobs

I guess I was comparing eras. '08-'11 OT movie threads could have given music a run for snobbery.
    Thread StarterAdd skeeze666 to Rail
  22. wouldnt of been anything you said tho
    Add URI_Stunna to Rail
  23. Whatever you like less will probably be what you feel has the most snobs
    Add coolhandkev to Rail
  24. Na, it's just that people who like movies 20-30 years ago, still like movies today.

The people who were movie snobs during the 1992 Oscars are still snobbing it up in the 2017 Oscars.

Music snobs think 99% of new shit sucks
    Edited By: Jaybone2315 Oct 8th, 2017 at 04:45 AM
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail
  25. you ever get a hard hot dawg in the office yet
    Add URI_Stunna to Rail

Na, it's just that people who like movies 20-30 years ago, still like movies today.

The people who were movie snobs during the 1992 Oscars are still snobbing it up in the 2017 Oscars.

Valery June, Promise of the Real and Deer Tick are some new bands/artists that I love. I actually think since the music industry has been dying it’s opened the door for a lot of great bands to be recognized through tours and the internet. I’d agree with your post 10 years ago though.
    Add Z-Fresh to Rail

Na, it's just that people who like movies 20-30 years ago, still like movies today.

Tedeschi trucks is my favorite band of this generation. (Favorite band in general right now)Still probably come off snobby because it’s going to fit what I like. Have found a appreciation for John Mayer too.
    Edited By: aupoker1 Oct 8th, 2017 at 05:38 AM
    Add aupoker1 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Z-Fresh View Post

Of all the bands mentioned ITT who are not in the HOF we’re going with The Cure as the most glaring omission, huh?

Yes, the Cure all but invented a genre and has a ridiculous amount of great, great albums and songs including some "hits."

Robert Smith is the musical idol of more artists than I can count including Prince and Billy Corgan.

They (not all original) still tour, sell out large venues and still crush. I saw them at The Shoreline Amphitheatre two years ago and they did like 34 songs.

If you don't think they're the most glaring omission I suggest binge listening from Three Imaginary Boys through Wish.
    Add JAAAAA!!!! to Rail
  29. Any case for Weird Al to get in?

Add SpankyHamm to Rail
  30. was talking to Z about this but I think this may be the most 80s song of all time. That's a compliment it's a great song, the IT soundtrack had some good stuff in there

Add coolhandkev to Rail
Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 94 5 6 7 8