Survivor - Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers
  1. This is a slam dunk cast. I'm loving the amount of strategy in the confessionals over the first two episodes and can't wait to see how it plays out.

My current favorites are Ali, Chrissy and Ryan.

Add marinersheep to Rail
  2. Wish Alan didn't play so hard first episode (haven't watched second episode yet) but seemed like he played hard without getting a target on him for now.
    Add coolhandkev to Rail
  3. Hated episode 1. Liked ep 2.

It's annoying that Ali and Patrick knew each other coming into the game and the editors have chosen to lie to us.

Ali is excellent, nonetheless.

I miss Simone
    Add Hughes4 to Rail
  4. Did not see that one coming.

Thread StarterAdd marinersheep to Rail
    Originally Posted by marinersheep View Post

Did not see that one coming.

The Carrot Top exit? If I was stuck on an island with him, I certainly would have voted him out...
    Add mikewebb68 to Rail
  6. gg Ali

Can't try and be everyone's #1

JP is the perfect type of player to take with you to the merge.

7. This thread died after one page? Guess Survivor is pretty much dead after that finale.
    Add BillySlater to Rail
  8. Yeah Survivor jumped the shark with that final four twist. Worst "advantage" ever?
    Add LeftyMark to Rail
    Originally Posted by BillySlater View Post

This thread died after one page? Guess Survivor is pretty much dead after that finale.

We're way too busy debating Donald Trump to have time for these threads. Actually thought this season was fairly good, and quite impressed with Marinersheep picking two of the final three early on.
    Add mikewebb68 to Rail
  10. Yea that was some BS, completely gave the game to Ben.

3 hidden idols and saved by that twist. Survivor purists must be outraged.
    Add heavyj80 to Rail
    Originally Posted by heavyj80 View Post

Yea that was some BS, completely gave the game to Ben.

Wouldn't have been saved if Devin wasn't the worst firebuilder I've ever seen. Perhaps he should have practiced a bit? Jeez.
    Add mikewebb68 to Rail
  12. Ben deserved it. Good season.
    Add killingbird to Rail
  13. The season was decent, but there really wasn't anyone to root for. Chrissy was insufferable. I admired Ben's grit and determination, and he had a good story. Dr. Mike has to be one of the dumbest players to be perceived as a threat by his tribe; the guy was awful. It was just amazing that these people, most of which are superfans, continued to get blindsided by moves. Thank goodness Desi called out Chrissy and Ryan for not following Ben around on his idol searches.

I would like to see a few less twists and turns in the game. There are too many fake idols and advantages every step of the way. I'm fine with predictable tribals every now and then if it makes the game better over the long haul.

Originally Posted by LeftyMark View Post

Yeah Survivor jumped the shark with that final four twist. Worst "advantage" ever?

It's still a great game, but I thought it jumped the shark in the last season when they had a tribal where someone got eliminated without a vote - because everyone had idols or advantages. That was bullshit.

Originally Posted by heavyj80 View Post

Yea that was some BS, completely gave the game to Ben.

Ive been watching since season 1, Im fucking done with it, glad there are others who share my saltiness.
    Add BillySlater to Rail
  15. At least the 5 immunity thing at one tribal was entertaining. I just cant see how the game can still be considered great when Probst can just throw in whatever twist he wants to help his favourite player and shit on everyone else´s end game.
    Add BillySlater to Rail
  16. I'll continue to watch; it's still a great game. I think the hidden immunity idols reeeeeally need to be toned down. You shouldn't be able to just hunt and find them; you should need a clue. And they should definitely be at a premium - no more than two out at a time.

I also love the endurance challenges that can go on for hours. Give me that "Elapsed Time: 3 hours" graphic, and I'm stoked. Some more of those types of challenges with ridiculously hard puzzles or easy challenges that test your mental energy and willingness to compete to the end (with Jeff tempting you with food/cash/secret advantages to jump off or whatever) would be appreciated.

I do like the final jury format, but they need to ditch the outwit/outplay/outlast formatting of it; they're all the same damn thing.

I thought we had a better cast than it ended up being. There were a lot of pretty good players, but there weren't any really good or great players. And Ben was the only really redeeming person that you felt like you wanted to root for. No one else really moved the needle.

Originally Posted by BillySlater View Post

At least the 5 immunity thing at one tribal was entertaining. I just cant see how the game can still be considered great when Probst can just throw in whatever twist he wants to help his favourite player and shit on everyone else´s end game.

I didn't like the twist, either. But I was happy about it because I thought Ben deserved to win the game. It's like a bad call that goes in favor of your favorite team - you're happy to take it.

18. it would be nice if they would go back to not feeding them all like kings all season long, and giving them fire making materials from the get go.
    Add killingbird to Rail
  19. dumbass season deserves a dumbass winner.

hopefully with Ghost Island, they just totally jump the shark and make it silly and fun. instead of trying to make it a serious game, and fucking it up
    Add Hughes4 to Rail
  20. Devon was far more likeable and more deserving than Ben imo. Made some big/intelligent moves—the two most notable beiing coming up the whole secret agent thing and voting for mike in the finale episode when nobody else thought Ben had an idol. He also had a way better social game, despite being a physical threat, he managed to stay on the right side of the vote and out of the crosshairs right up until getting screwed by the end twist.
    Add jaykell15 to Rail
  21. Devon voted for Ryan to win. Which means Devon should not be trusted with heavy machinery or the care of children.
    Edited By: killingbird Dec 22nd, 2017 at 03:28 AM
    Add killingbird to Rail
  22. Devon already wouldve been a very deserving winner. After his move at final 5, he wouldve been at least a top 8 or top 7 winner.
    Edited By: Hughes4 Dec 22nd, 2017 at 03:29 AM
    Add Hughes4 to Rail
    Originally Posted by killingbird View Post

Devon voted for Ryan to win. Which means Devon should not be trusted with heavy machinery or the care of children.

This. My 11-year old son was flabbergasted "Dad, he voted for Ryan, which means he should never be allowed to vote for anyone ever again..."
    Add mikewebb68 to Rail
  24. Devon talked a good game but rarely did anything. He was flabbergasted by almost anything that happened.

Are we really going to give him credit for thinking that Ben could have an idol? The only reason to give him credit for this is because the other three were so damn dumb.

I'm not saying that Devon was a bad player, but he really didn't do much at all. The only reason he could even pull the "secret agent" idea is because Ben got the information out of Ryan and relayed it his way. And then Ben pulled off the next two tribal councils brilliantly while Devon just went on with his life.

25. Devon was so close to Ryan that he gave him his million dollar vote. But he didnt think twice about turning on Ryan when a final 4 presented itself.

Then when he was back on the bottom with Ashley, he had no problem backstabbing her
    Add Hughes4 to Rail
  26. trash winner of a trash season

shark was jumped in gamechangers

i need to stop hearing "i gotta make #BIGMOVEZ" every 5 seconds

not gonna stop watching tho. hopefully ghost island is fun
    Add what is check to Rail
  27. First time my early favorite has ever won.
    Ben's final push was awesome. Never say die, although the last secret "advantage" was ridiculous.
    Add Willywoo to Rail
  28. This thread is fucking with my mind. I always thought Survivor was for dumbs, but there’s some smart OTers in here so idk what to think anymore.
    Add Gronksknee to Rail
  29. I had only ever watched about 3 survivor seasons in full before last year. I’ve been binging full seasons the past few months and some seasons are pretty awesome.

I used a site with spoiler free recaps and a ranking of best seasons tever choose which ones I watched, then basically just watched on sock share. With a quick skip of the intro and skipping shit after the vote (no commercials obv) each episode is only like 35 minutes. Can power through complete season in no time.

Stephanie,Tom, Parvati, Russell etc etc etc some pretty great cast and seasons... with some obvious duds. My main complaint after watching several early and mid seasons and then some later ones is the amount of ‘change ups’ involved with both idols/advantages/cast swaps etc.

It isn’t the same game when they just switch tribes around at random. Yeah yeah, those who adapt will survive. Blah blah blah. It takes aaay any and all strategy from the pre
    Merge. I like hidden idols, but I don’t care for the entire concept of exile island.

Also, lol at the 1 season (12 or 13? Maybe) where the idol could be played after the votes were read. Thankfully that never came into play and they stopped It the next season. Took away and suspense or strategy.

And god damn Yau Man got played by that homeless dude! Fuck I genuinely felt bad for him. Couldn’t believe that’s how it went down.
    Add skeeze666 to Rail
  30. Yeah the yao man giving away truck season was one I went back and watched too a few years back. That was some good shit.

I was also not a fan of last season, never had a season where I disliked so many of the people. Once the hot chick who knew the annoying guy outside of the show got voted out I was over the rest of the season
    Add coolhandkev to Rail