Originally Posted by wantagolf View Post

Kevin Mathers ?@Kevmath 10m10 minutes ago Paradise, NV
    For those wondering, the @WSOP Main Event is set up for 9-handed play today

Gags30 ?@Gags30poker 3m3 minutes ago
    @Kevmath @WSOP any word about 1c?

good question gags. maybe a few of the 1's will be 6 max. absurd indeed.

day2 is a field from 2 different formats. i mean come on.....thats a sizable difference.

less leg room and more coolers/bad beats wont be popular flights. you add that 10th seat and stupid shit increases exponentially.
    Add kowboy8686 to Rail
  2. Obv its dependent on how many entrants. Id assume they will only play other days 10 handed if they absolutely have to.

So OI with Cate Hall and her SJW mentality on twitter. I dont even follow her, yet she is on my timeline everyday. STFU all ready ffs.

Add B_O_K_E to Rail
  3. What is SJW mentality?
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail
  4. Had to google it also. "Social Justice Warrior"
    Add SlapNPickle to Rail
  5. I have no idea who she is and don't follow her but somehow she's all over my timeline as well
    Add Camz to Rail
  6. GL boys!!!!!!!!
    Add kiro15 to Rail
  7. just searched her name. found this pokernews article:

What kind of “sexism” are we talking about?

In fact, let’s start at the far end of the necessary-interesting spectrum and talk terminology, because so many of the disagreements on this issue seem at bottom to be semantic and not substantive. When I say the poker community is “sexist,” I mean it fosters or tolerates environments in which a significant proportion of women feel unwelcome. Other definitions may be both defensible and compatible with ordinary usage, but this one has the benefit of being the most useful, in the sense of advancing the debate in a manner consistent with the shared goal of the participants and audience.

lol this reeks of college freshman trying to sound smart.

edit- lol it gets better. might as well copy and paste the whole thing.

http://www.pokerwomennews.com/opinio...woman-problem/

just realized it's pokerwomennews, not pokernews. good stuff.
    Edited By: Hank H1LL Jul 9th, 2016 at 07:56 PM
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
    Originally Posted by Hank H1LL View Post

just searched her name. found this pokernews article:

I would not be able to be in the same room as this person without having to deal with personal feelings and therefore I could not.

Bobby Bottle service juan time! Run good OT in the main!
    Add Mr323 to Rail
  9. have fun everyone playing today, GL.

cougars, KB - who else is playing today?

Add PlusToTheEV to Rail
  10. Shaun Hendrickson ?@Cougars4444 15m15 minutes ago
    51,150 going to second half of 75/150
    Add wantagolf to Rail
  11. 10seat getting cards mucked by dealer 15% of time.
    Add bucketorocks to Rail
    Originally Posted by Camz View Post

I have no idea who she is and don't follow her but somehow she's all over my timeline as well

It's tiresome
    Add bucketorocks to Rail
    Originally Posted by bucketorocks View Post

10seat getting cards mucked by dealer 15% of time.

10 handed muck aq utg instantly.
    Add kowboy8686 to Rail
  14. Not if you're on the bubble with multipliers.
    Add bucketorocks to Rail
  15. Set run down by a runner runner flush. 38K on break. Laxxed about it tho.

Add killingbird to Rail
  16. Call him a hillbilly plz
    Add bucketorocks to Rail

just searched her name. found this pokernews article:

edit- lol it gets better. might as well copy and paste the whole thing.

http://www.pokerwomennews.com/opinio...woman-problem/

just realized it's pokerwomennews, not pokernews. good stuff.

so what's your beef here? the poker world isn't a sexist environment?

IMO, it's a huge problem that is just now finally getting some awareness, which is a great thing. it's a really difficult environment for women for a myriad of reasons, and the game needs more of them to grow.

Cate Hall might be annoying at times, but she's a great ambassador for women poker players trying to make their way in a man's world. and FTR she's also extremely intelligent.
    Edited By: TheWacoKidd Jul 9th, 2016 at 09:39 PM
    Add TheWacoKidd to Rail
    Originally Posted by killingbird View Post

Set run down by a runner runner flush. 38K on break. Laxxed about it tho.

If it makes you feel better, the 3 times i have played the main event... the most I ever had in any year was 38k.

So even though you have lost 12k of your stack... you still have as much as I have ever had during that damn thing lol.
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail
    Originally Posted by TheWacoKidd View Post

IMO, it's a huge problem that is just now finally getting some awareness, which is a great thing. it's a really difficult environment for women for a myriad of reasons, and the game needs more of them to grow.

Cate Hall might be annoying at times, but she's a great ambassador for women poker players trying to make their way in a man's world. and FTR she's also extremely intelligent.

no I'm not talking about women or poker, really. it just comes off as pretentious. smart people are great at being pretentious shits so that's not surprising.
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
    Originally Posted by Jaybone2315 View Post

If it makes you feel better, the 3 times i have played the main event... the most I ever had in any year was 38k.

So even though you have lost 12k of your stack... you still have as much as I have ever had during that damn thing lol.

38+5=43
    Add rebelfd to Rail

no I'm not talking about women or poker, really. it just comes off as pretentious. smart people are great at being pretentious shits so that's not surprising.

I'll take more pretentious Cate Hall's and Justin Bonomo's in my world and less sexism, bigotry, and hate.
    Add TheWacoKidd to Rail
  22. More importantly Waco when are u playing? Selling any?
    Add Camz to Rail

I'll take more pretentious Cate Hall's and Justin Bonomo's in my world and less sexism, bigotry, and hate.

it's not like I have to choose one or the other. I cringe at douchebags at the table too. part of the reason I don't bother with poker anymore is because of the people I'm forced to spend time with.

I didn't post to talk about feminism though. her writing is just too funny.

That is a lovely goal doubtless shared by many within and without the poker community. But being that this is a trade publication for the poker industry and not an academic journal devoted to gender issues, the unifying goal that should anchor this debate is something less utopian: to get new players in the door.

that's how people write when they're trying to prove something. imo of course. I can see why you thought I was talking about feminism but I really wasn't. good luck to her in changing the poker community.
    Edited By: Hank H1LL Jul 9th, 2016 at 10:47 PM
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail

Not sure a pretentious Cate Hall is a good way to tackle the issue, especially when you are dealing with a vast majority of men with huge ego's in the poker community. It has gotten so out of hand that nobody, including herself, can even make a joke at this point.

Add B_O_K_E to Rail

upvote x100
    Add kmc28 to Rail
    Originally Posted by B_O_K_E View Post

Not sure a pretentious Cate Hall is a good way to tackle the issue, especially when you are dealing with a vast majority of men with huge ego's in the poker community. It has gotten so out of hand that nobody, including herself, can even make a joke at this point.

yeah im sure she a nice lady and all and kara was even going on about it a while back but what exactly can realistically change.

everyone is offended by something these days and they seem to want to change people around them. hell i wish i could change people, id change her and everyone i know. thats the arrogance of mankind in a nutshell.
    Add kowboy8686 to Rail
  27. 2nd break. 34K. 150/300/25 next.

Add killingbird to Rail

In Colorado I would say female players make up about 40% of the players in 30/60 and is never an issue.
    Add KA_Spirit to Rail
    Originally Posted by rebelfd View Post

38+5=43

Unfortunately, i only had like 25-30k before i lost the 5k chip.
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail
  30. we need some tweet updates or something up i here. anything,
    Add kowboy8686 to Rail