1. What do you think about the low buy in events for the WSOP 2017 like "THE GIANT - $365 No-Limit Hold'em" , "THE COLOSSUS III - $565 No-Limit Hold'em" or Event #18: $565 Pot-Limit Omaha?
    Edited By: Ranchorelaxo Jan 29th, 2017 at 08:59 AM
    Add Ranchorelaxo to Rail
  2. Think it is fine to have a handful of events that are affordable to a wider range of players. I see the argument in keeping the event buy-ins higher, but personally have no issue with this as it is a minority of the schedule.
    Add wackyJaxon to Rail
    Originally Posted by wackyJaxon View Post

Think it is fine to have a handful of events that are affordable to a wider range of players. I see the argument in keeping the event buy-ins higher, but personally have no issue with this as it is a minority of the schedule.

Pretty much this. Anything that brings in new players to poker, or that attracts players that would not pony up 4 figures seems like a good thing.
    Add killingbird to Rail
  4. I think its a great idea gives people a chance to buy into low games and if cash in them those players will register for bigger buy in games pretty much like a satellite ...attracts the lower buy in people and rec players which attracts reg players!! The more the merrier... pro players like this probably because rec players playing in the bigger tournements!! It's like a circle!!
    Add njkingpin to Rail
  5. I only play low buy ins online. Still I know i can win enough money online to play those kind of tournaments at WSOP. So for me its also good news. I think it would also be a success to run online satellites to those lower buy ins towards WSOP.
    Thread StarterAdd Ranchorelaxo to Rail
  6. This is Great for POKER .
    Just means a Massive Pay day for a few lucky winners. These events are basically low stakes main events.
    I think its great for the poker community and Poker economy.
    I would recommend anyone who loves poker make sure you are in vegas the 1st week of WSOP.
    Tons of Value in these tournaments and you will get to play with tons of Bad Players and tons of Good Players.
    The experience is so cool to be sitting at the table with High Level Pros with Millions on their Resume.
    Its basically like Getting invited to Spring Training with your Favorite Baseball Team.
    Get in there everyone and test your game. Good luck and have fun doing it.
    + the Daily events at The Rio have Low Buy ins from $135-$235 for Mtts that run throughout WSOP with Great Structures. Low Buy-ins with Huge Payouts Whoo Hoo!!!!!
    Oh and Make sure you Bring a Jacket its freezing in there.
    Add JonathanGalyon to Rail
  7. I hope they attract nice fields and hope to see them as nice fun events
    Thread StarterAdd Ranchorelaxo to Rail
  8. Agree...bringing in new players to the game we love is always a good thing! Looking forward to playing the "THE COLOSSUS: $565 No-Limit Hold'em".
    Add JMatt1986 to Rail
  9. Its a good thing. There is something for everybody. It is good for business, poker and the cash games. We all win in the end.
    Add yjbrewer to Rail
    Originally Posted by killingbird View Post

Pretty much this. Anything that brings in new players to poker, or that attracts players that would not pony up 4 figures seems like a good thing.

Def agree with this + it gives a couple of shots to a nice payday that will induce some more players to play the main. Kinda open the door to a summer dream :-)
    Add Lenail to Rail
  11. I think the issue some have is the cheapening of the bracelet with buy-ins dropping under the $500 price point. I think most people are looking to win a lot of money over a bracelet though, and anything that brings in the crowds is good for the game, imo.

Add Kevmath to Rail
    Originally Posted by Kevmath View Post

I think the issue some have is the cheapening of the bracelet with buy-ins dropping under the $500 price point. I think most people are looking to win a lot of money over a bracelet though, and anything that brings in the crowds is good for the game, imo.

This is a good point, but then point out to the early years of the WSOP where people could just outlast a dozen players to win a bracelet just because they had the buy-in money to play.

In my opinion, times change, and this seems like a good one as long as it isn't too many events. Adding a few lower buy-in events seems like a great decision.
    Add wackyJaxon to Rail
  13. I think the guys that win bracelets only care about the opinions of those who matter. Only a fish would think that bracelet in the one drop is the same as a 500usd tourny.
    Add DanHeskett to Rail