1. I'm thinking something similar to the ptp format could be set up for residential development, and possibly commercial development, flipping houses, etc. Much bigger bankrolls, share prices, risks, potential gains, longer timelines, etc.

I would love to start a site like that but I have no experience with that sort of thing.

If there is already something like this, point me towards it. If anyone would be interested in investing in this area, just let me know. My family has a very successful development company that I help manage. Weve done subdivisions with many of the biggest home builders in the us and are one of three developers in the upstate of South Carolina who made it through the crash. Bc of this, and our relationships with these builders, we have very little competition. We are trying to get more liquid, stop relying as much on the banks, and stop paying hundreds of thousands in interest each year... but we're having so many great opportunities dropped in our laps that we're having to either stick with banks or pass on the land/future subdivision.

About to fall asleep. Thoughts, interest, questions, whatever, get in touch.
    Add poncholoco to Rail
  2. I was born in Greenville. Still have family there. Have the house prices rebounded yet? I think you have a good idea, but look at how many got rolled in PTP, 4, P5s and its chump change compared to 6 figures on each project when we're talking flipping houses.
    Add rebelfd to Rail
    Originally Posted by rebelfd View Post

I was born in Greenville. Still have family there. Have the house prices rebounded yet? I think you have a good idea, but look at how many got rolled in PTP, 4, P5s and its chump change compared to 6 figures on each project when we're talking flipping houses.

One of the biggest deferences btwn poker marketplaces and something like this would be that horses would be held accountable on a much higher level. There would be no gray area keeping the legal system out of the picture.
    Thread StarterAdd poncholoco to Rail