1. Here's a hand from 6 max nl zoom today, my knee-jerk reaction was that I had played the hand terribly but after running some equilab evaluations I realize this hand might be close, if not fine. I'd love to hear what you think of this hand, feel free to offer any guidance or criticism to anything throughout the hand or the thought process etcetc
    Hero (BTN): $105.31
    ~SB: $157.75 (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 2)~
    ~BB: $50.68 (VPIP: 21.74, PFR: 17.39, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 23)~
    ~UTG: $76.72~
    MP: $50.75 (VPIP: 37.50, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 8)
    CO: $61.57 (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 4)
    SB posts SB $0.25, BB posts BB $0.50
    Pre Flop: (pot: $0.75) Hero has As Ts
    fold, MP calls $0.50, CO raises to $2.00, Hero calls $2.00, fold, BB raises to $8.00, fold, fold, Hero calls $6.00
    I'm usually a big advocate of 3 betting the button but I decided with a limp prior to CO's raise I wouldn't be able to tempt any marginal or weaker hands to see a flop. I expect when I raise to $5.50-$7 I polarize my opponents range to premiums (because of the sizing and my obvious advantageous position). Additionally, I can't continue the hand if I'm 4 bet and I think my hand is strong enough to go multiway to a flop in prime position. Worst case scenario (aside from getting reraised by the blinds or MP) is taking a flop heads up paying $2 into $5.25 which is clearly fine, and our situation only gets better the more players elect to call.
    Our circumstances change when the BB raises to 16bb and all other players fold leaving us to call $6 to win $12.75 (2.13:1, or 32% equity required)
    When I first finished the hand I expected my preflop call to be terrible, flatting a 3 bet on a zoom table is typically dangerous so I beat myself for making a loose call. But punching a range into equilab surprised me a little. All we know about our villain is that he has played 22/17 with 0 3bets from 23 hands, so we don't really have enough information to form any sort of read, maybe the fact he has yet to 3 bet is relevant but probably not.
    Giving villain a relatively conservative range of JJ+, AQs+, AQo+ and a few suited connectors combos (Specifically 2 combos of T9, T8, 98, A3-A5) for randomness (perhaps this is a mistake?) we come up with 34% equity (30% without any suited connectors bar 1 combo of KQ) plus given our positional advantage I now think that this is perhaps every decision I made preflop was profitable?
    Flop : ($18.75, 2 players) 3s Tc 2h
    BB bets $7.00, Hero calls $7.00
    We flop a bittersweet tptk and face a curious bet of $7 into $18.75. I acknowledge now that this is a good bet to set up a turn shove and perhaps this should be a reason to adjust the range we assign villain, but at the time I couldn't pass up such an enticing bet. Here I'm not so sure what the correct play was. We are being given pot odds of 3.68:1 or 21%, but we probably need to improve our hand a good portion of the time (how do I go about figuring this out?). I also think I should factor in that I need to improve on the turn most of the time (same story, but I'm guessing it's more than most of the time). Against the widest range (the aforementioned range we had 34% against preflop) we now have a 60% equity and conversely against a very strong preflop 3bet range of JJ+, AKs+ and AKo+ we are more or less flipping at 45%. From here I don't really know how to calculate whether or not this is a good call to make. Raising leaves us pot committed to any persistence from villain and folds worse hands so I don't see any value in that. I expect this call is just but I'd love some help on the nuances here.
    Turn : ($32.75, 2 players) 5h
    BB bets $35.68 and is all-in, Hero ???
    Here there is not an awful lot I have to add, I'm facing a bet of 35ish into 32ish, my odds at 1.92:1 or 34%. Against specifically JJ+, AKs, AKo I'm still effectively flipping at 47.85% equity. I did make the call in actuality and what happens next will shock you! I'm kidding I lost to an overpair. Not really the point. Would love to hear your feedback, cheers for reading.
    Add macky to Rail
  2. Just fold pre to the 3b. As played, you sort of put yourself in a situation to get owned. Fold pre, villain is an unknown so it's not as if you have a good reason to call except for trying to make a flush/str8.
    Raise
    Add cage to Rail
  3. I like your analysis, but as cage has said, I think folding pre here would be optimal - I made a similar play earlier today but was facing just an open, and I'm debating whether I should have 3b pre to see V's strength. Is there an argument for a small 4bet pre to stop a cbet and give you more information maybe by checking flop back and seeing what V does on a turn?
    Raise
    Add luckylaidee to Rail
  4. Just a little feedback...in the future post your hand history first in a decent format. It's great that you took the time to make this a romantic story, but you are going to get much better feedback by cutting to the chase mate. Also, before you going into great lengths about every decision you made, let us "your soundboard" give you our thoughts first. You can always present arguments later that you feel were not addressed in the discussion.

Raise
    Add negrealanu to Rail