1. Hey P5s.

I played live poker tonight for the first time in a loooooooong time and got into a slightly interesting spot.

The game was at a small poker club in São Paulo (Brazil), with blinds equivalent to about 5 cents / 10 cents. So a small game, but the standard seemed ok.

The villain in this hand is the kind of player who has put in a lot of cash voluntarily but not been too aggressive. Calls a lot of hands. The only times I've seen him make bets on turn / river, he's had it.

So in this hand I am in the big blind with the five deuce of clubs. There are three limpers, the SB completes and I check.

Flip is 6-4-2 rainbow. Guy in the HJ bets really small (this guy is a bit of a fish). Villain on the button calls, and I throw in the call.

Turn is the 2 of spades, giving me trips and putting a spade flush draw on the board.

I check (bad?), flop bettor checks, and then the button decides to bet quite big, close to pot. I call, HJ folds and we go to the river.

River is the J of hearts, changing pretty much nothing. I check. Villain bets close to pot again.

What is the move here? Am I too high in my distribution to fold?
    Add Trembath29 to Rail
  2. You played it super passive, at no point did you make any action that would indicate you had a 2. He bet a bit less than pot so you are getting a bit over 2:1 put another way you have to be good one time in three to be +EV, I think you have to call.

my 2 cents
    Raise
    Add saukendar to Rail
  3. I think you should definitely call this river. Aside from the odds of having to be correct 1/3 times, what does V have? He just called a small flop bet, then when V2 checks, V bets pot. He could have 77-JJ or something like A6/A6s/K6s, or maybe the odd 64s, and betting to protect. If V has 66/44 full, then so be it, but limping then calling a mini bet on flop suggests something of not super strength when going to bet full pot on turn.

What did you do?
    Raise
    Add luckylaidee to Rail
  4. Thanks for the replies.

I ended up calling, he had 7s4s and I scooped the pot.

I really wasn't sure about the call, as I expected this player to check the river back with most one pair hands. I think with 77-TT he would have been checking back. He said to me he was turning his 4 into a bluff because he thought I had a 6.
    Raise
    Thread StarterAdd Trembath29 to Rail