1. I love replying and getting involved in hands because it is a great way to learn BUT I´m horrified to be seen as no1 adviser.

I´m a marginal winning recreational player with BIG ambition to be better than I am!

When I first joined P5´s there were loads of pro´s replying and the no 1 adviser had 50-130 raises.

Don´t get me wrong there are some great replies here from other recreational players but where have all the pro´s gone?

So, please don´t raise my posts or I´ll have to stop getting involved until I drop down.

Thank you!
    Edited By: samj123 May 9th, 2017 at 10:54 AM
    Add samj123 to Rail
  2. People don't generally raise bad advice...

You're gonna get all sorts of people people at different stages in their poker journey viewing and/or contributing to this forum.

Don't undersell your contribution, common sense/curiosity, backed up with reasoning should always help others or spark debate.

Through osmosis you're actually becoming a much better poker player than you probably think you are, just by simply continually asking why? People that don't seek out answers to the stuff they currently don't know or understand just tend to stagnate (hit the wall) and don't mangage to take that next step forward (That one small step for Man, one giant leap for Mankind sort of thing).

Yes, there might not be as many bosses currently contributing, but there are still plenty of very good poker minds contributing.

You can tell almost immediately just how good the quality of their advice is, and sometimes it's the guy with relatively low scores who is giving great advice or asking great questions.

Cheers.

Carl.

+ 5
    raises
    Raise
    Add carlmellor to Rail
    Originally Posted by carlmellor View Post

People don't generally raise bad advice...

You're gonna get all sorts of people people at different stages in their poker journey viewing and/or contributing to this forum.

Don't undersell your contribution, common sense/curiosity, backed up with reasoning should always help others or spark debate.

Through osmosis you're actually becoming a much better poker player than you probably think you are, just by simply continually asking why? People that don't seek out answers to the stuff they currently don't know or understand just tend to stagnate (hit the wall) and don't mangage to take that next step forward (That one small step for Man, one giant leap for Mankind sort of thing).

Yes, there might not be as many bosses currently contributing, but there are still plenty of very good poker minds contributing.

You can tell almost immediately just how good the quality of their advice is, and sometimes it's the guy with relatively low scores who is giving great advice or asking great questions.

Cheers.

Carl.

You are such a sweetheart!

Anyway, what am I on? It is only ever you and Cage that raise my posts!! Ha Ha!

Your post did give me an idea though. What about if we started some sort of stategy post here? Start at the very beginning with one topic per week or every other week, like opening ranges next c-betting etc.

We could all have a turn at researching and posting something and then we could all get involved with being a critic of it or adding to it etc.

It wouldn´t matter if the original post was flawed & it wouldn´t have to be the length of a book (like this post is turning into), just basic strategy to start or topics that anyone is struggling with. A bit like a skype group, but on this forum so more can be involved.

What to you think? Too ambitious? Anyone interested?
    Edited By: samj123 May 9th, 2017 at 03:32 PM
    + 4
    raises
    Raise
    Thread StarterAdd samj123 to Rail
  4. Cheers Sam.

Yeah, feel freet to pick a subject and post what is concerning you about it, along with any assumptions you currently have on that type of situation.

Could be something like:

How do I stop my early acquirred big stack from dwindling away (due to being card dead etc)

Answers would/could include:

A) Don't flat so much with your big stack.
    B) Start to 3bet much wider, (especially with position).
    c) Have RF in your game (it is very important). It might suck having to fold our 3bet KQs to a 4bet, (especially when we could've just flatted and seen a flop), but the times we get flatted and take down the pot post flop due to our villain XF'ing, more than compensates for this etc etc. (We'll also be 3betting a lot of stuff below our flatting range and some total junk, so being able to c bet Axx Kxx flops will usually prove profitable too long term, when our villain(s) assume we have Ax or Kx type of hands and XF to us.

Do you get my drift?

Hope this helps.

Carl.

+ 2
    raises
    Raise
    Add carlmellor to Rail
  5. Hey Samj,
    I think we can relate this to football in a way. How many great players became great coaches? Bobby Charlton,crap! Glen Hoddle,crap! Zico,crap! Maradona,crap!How many of the great coaches in the world at the moment were great players? Answer, non! Mourinho,Wenger,Ferguson, all god awful players! Conte wasn't a bad player I suppose!
    Anyway, my point is, maybe your a crap poker player but a brilliant coach!!!????! Just a thought.
    + 1
    raise
    Raise
    Add conners1973 to Rail
  6. Ferguson was a pretty decent striker btw. Sam, why shouldn't you be the number one adviser? You make regular interesting posts and thread contributions, it's cool.
    Add cage to Rail
  7. Alex Ferguson was a f**king awful player!! Rangers couldn't get rid of him quick enough! Are you thinking of Brian Clough? I forgot about him, he was very good player, brilliant coach.
    Add conners1973 to Rail
    Originally Posted by carlmellor View Post

Cheers Sam.

Yeah, feel freet to pick a subject and post what is concerning you about it, along with any assumptions you currently have on that type of situation.
    Do you get my drift?
    Carl.

I get your drift!

I wasn´t meaning just my issues, anyone who had poker related issues could post something...

I´ll digest that last part when I get a mo.
    Originally Posted by cage View Post

Ferguson was a pretty decent striker btw. Sam, why shouldn't you be the number one adviser? You make regular interesting posts and thread contributions, it's cool.

I know zero about football apart from hairstyles when my kids ask for the lastest Ronaldo Cristiano cut!

Thanks Cage, I just overreacted when I noticed it. Probably doesn´t help I´m running like turd, but like diarrhea it will get better!
    + 2
    raises
    Raise
    Originally Posted by conners1973 View Post

Hey Samj,
    Anyway, my point is, maybe your a crap poker player but a brilliant coach!!!????! Just a thought.

Ha Ha!
  11. Haha this thread. I remember when this happened to me a while ago, I didn't like it either!

Add Sagacious Man to Rail
  12. Well now you did it. Your posts are going to get raised like crazy now. Enjoy being on the top of the charts for a while! :) In all seriousness though, enjoy the fact that people find your posts useful. It's a good thing!
    + 1
    raise
    Raise
    Add killingbird to Rail
    Originally Posted by killingbird View Post

Well now you did it. Your posts are going to get raised like crazy now. !

That was my secret plan all along!
  14. haha being kind not always helpfull=)))
    Add remolacha to Rail