1. PokerStars Hand #167491166123: Tournament #1843166713, $200+$15 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (50/100) - 2017/03/12 18:36:58 WET [2017/03/12 14:36:58 ET]
    Table '1843166713 227' 9-max Seat #1 is the button
    Seat 1: richbackbone (10982 in chips)
    Seat 2: Banks202 (8513 in chips)
    Seat 3: 1NutsAreMine (7856 in chips)
    Seat 4: xxxGringo (12346 in chips)
    Seat 5: bad_boy3434 (14869 in chips)
    Seat 6: RodRish (12377 in chips)
    Seat 7: rofllollingt (9832 in chips)
    Seat 8: osmarjnr (8162 in chips)
    Seat 9: Afterpub (8184 in chips)
    richbackbone: posts the ante 10
    Banks202: posts the ante 10
    1NutsAreMine: posts the ante 10
    xxxGringo: posts the ante 10
    bad_boy3434: posts the ante 10
    RodRish: posts the ante 10
    rofllollingt: posts the ante 10
    osmarjnr: posts the ante 10
    Afterpub: posts the ante 10
    Banks202: posts small blind 50
    1NutsAreMine: posts big blind 100
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to rofllollingt [8s 8d]
    xxxGringo: folds
    bad_boy3434: raises 100 to 200
    RodRish: folds
    rofllollingt: calls 200
    osmarjnr: folds
    Afterpub: calls 200
    richbackbone: folds
    Banks202: calls 150
    1NutsAreMine: calls 100
    *** FLOP *** [4d 7h 8h]
    Banks202: checks
    1NutsAreMine: checks
    bad_boy3434: bets 500
    rofllollingt: raises 600 to 1100
    Afterpub: calls 1100
    Banks202: folds
    1NutsAreMine: calls 1100
    bad_boy3434: calls 600
    *** TURN *** [4d 7h 8h] [6s]
    1NutsAreMine: bets 2200
    bad_boy3434: folds
    rofllollingt: calls 2200
    Afterpub: folds
    *** RIVER *** [4d 7h 8h 6s] [Qh]
    1NutsAreMine: bets 4346 and is all-in

Only 44 hands on villain he's playing 27/16/9.1, quite aggro postflop. I have sattelited into the Sunday Million somehow and this is first hand I get involved with really. Is my flop raise too small? Should I fold turn? My thinking is it's not hard to put him on a 5 since he calls in BB in multiway pot. Do I just fold turn since I fully expect him to shove river with his stack size? I'm obviously punting on the board pairing on river or him just giving up but not really expecting that. Is folding turn awful or what?
    Add cage to Rail
  2. Oh man, what a shitty run out.

I would have raised the flop more cos it is wet & multiway.

The turn sucks. He could have 2 pair or top pair plus hearts draw combo or the nuts. I just can´t see what hand would fire the river as a complete bluff & I guess 2 pair or a worse set would slow down by the river. I know he was aggressive but only 44 hands.....

Yeah, I´m calling the turn too but not loving it. But, maybe the others will suggest a fold this deep.......?

I´m not sure! I hate these spots & I´ll be interested to see what the others say.
    Raise
    Add samj123 to Rail
  3. Thanks Sam, how much would you make it on flop? Much bigger - like 2000 or something? More?
    Thread StarterAdd cage to Rail
  4. mmmm, been thinking about this one more.

This deep perhaps check raising isn´t great at all. I mean, an aggro player is not folding to your cr if he has 2 pair/set or even TPTK and that is a great result for you to do it.

On the otherhand is he NOT folding any hands with good drawing equity if you cr this deep. If the draws miss you can still extract value as you are IP. If they hit, like it did on the turn, you might get the option to check one street & or in this instance call his bet and evaluate the river but you leave yourself a bigger stack. So, I think I´m calling and not building a pot for him if he hits.

If feels weak to do this but I guess it is the case that your hand is strong in an absolute sense but relative to the board it isn´t sooooooooo strong.

If I had 30bb, I´d be piling in the chips, but 98bb seems too many to be building a pot when you are ahead on the flop but there are way too many shitty cards that could fall.

I feel this may be a leak of mine deep stacked, seeing the wet boards, knowing I´m ahead on that street and shovelling in the chips like no tomorrow.

So now I´m dizzy from going around in circles it really will be interesting to see what the others say!
    Edited By: samj123 Mar 14th, 2017 at 11:06 AM
    Raise
    Add samj123 to Rail
  5. Next time use a readable format. Reading a wall of text and trying to figure out each player's position just makes eyes hurt.

Raise flop way bigger in a multiway pot. You want value. Hands that call this raise size will not fold to a bigger size anyway. And you really want to deny their equity by choosing larger sizing, in this case, it is relatively easy for them to realize whatever equity they have.

Against that kind of small turn bet peeling is OK. Just sucks the turn card. River I'm folding as well.
    Raise
    Add Rihard4a to Rail
  6. Thanks Rihard, seat 1 was button btw.
  7. Think you played it ok, not folding turn as played, if anything raise the flop a little larger just bc are you really raising this flop to 1100 on a draw with 5 people in there? Your hand looks made and any draw has a decent price. Your flop sizing also makes the turn awkward as far as stack to pot ratio goes when you get flatted, i.e. It's not set up for you to rip the turn.

It might seem a little dangerous to flat the flop 5 ways but it probably has more merit to it than min raising. If someone raises the flop after your flat it's an easy 3b gii. If flop gets flatted then our hand becomes a lot easier to play on every turn card bc we've kept control of the pot and disguised our hand. Granted we might have lost value from draws that bricked by not raising otf but we also don't put ourselves in a sticky spot when bad turn cards peel and there's still plenty of 1 pair hands to get value from ott.
    Raise
    Add DefiningGTO to Rail
  8. Thanks Defining, interesting points, wasn't sure how much to make it on the flop without overbetting the pot by quite a lot, which I thought would broadcast my hand strength, on the other hand my raise achieves nothing that flatting wouldn't have achieved.
    Edited By: cage Mar 15th, 2017 at 10:27 AM
    Raise
  9. Don't be afraid raising big. In general, most people don't think about your hand strength but rather they just play their own. Even at higher limits this is true.
    Add Rihard4a to Rail