1. missed that....my mistake

Great post..........should help with all the BR management posts that come up, they can be referred straight to this

Add Nuggett to Rail
  2. well done, ty

Add bob2bob to Rail
  3. the most helpful and smart post i have ever read on here.nice 1!

Add greggaymer1 to Rail
    Originally Posted by greggaymer1 View Post

the most helpful and smart post i have ever read on here.nice 1!

^^ This - I think this will definitely help me more than you could imagine. TY!

Add sKizzle1983 to Rail
  5. Dunno about anyone else but I'm hard after opening this thread!

Add Phi to Rail
  6. POTY

I especially like the cashout rules, thats just pure genius.

Add SofaKingCewl to Rail
  7. I've already been using a plan like this that Jen helped me set up for about 4 months now. As long as you are keeping a record of your play (which you probably should be doing already) the entire scheme works beautifully.

What I've done is create a spreadsheet program to help calculate the amount to set aside, plus keep track of any bonuses or rakeback that you've actually received between cashouts. It only takes a minute or so after each day or session to plug it in. I've also got a spot on the spreadsheet that tells me my bankroll requirements for each type of game.

As usual, Jennifear pwns. I second the motion for POTY.

Raise
    Add Rycky4Golf to Rail
  8. does the 200 multiplyer refer to average buy in or max buy in? when i was on my own i was using foxes protected BR and was playing MTTs with an avg buy in of about 200 with a roll of 25-50k depending on swongs? is that underrolled?

Raise
    Add pikappraider78 to Rail
  9. Max buy-in. So to play the $200+15 MTTs you'd need a minimum of $43K in your roll if you are using a multiplier of 200.

Add Rycky4Golf to Rail
  10. uggggh im a bankroll nit

Add werd2u to Rail
  11. Man and I thought I was beginning to develop great bankroll management skills. This kinda expertise just mekes me look foolish, anyway great stuff jennifear and thanks!

Add OneTime_10 to Rail
  12. GREAT POST!!!

Add iamtheflash to Rail
  13. Jennifear,

So what if you are properly rolled based on your guidelines for STTs much higher than the stakes you currently play? I think I've been a bit of a bankroll nit but I've also been trying to build up somewhat of a volume before moving up in limits. I guess trying to prove to myself that I should move up. Are you suggesting that I just jump up to whatever stakes applicable based on your guidelines and run from there?

P.S. Thanks for this contribution, outstanding post.

Raise
    Add Tito Francoma to Rail
  14. This is exactly where I am at Tito, and I'll try my best to tell you what Jen has told me. Ideally you should try to play games that are at least 75% of the max your BR will allow you to play, in that way you are close to maximizing your cashouts as well as your ability to increase your bankroll. This is of course assuming that you are beating the games you are currently playing.

However, there is nothing wrong with playing at a lower level for the reasons you state, in fact I'm playing $10-11 SNGs but I've been rolled for $20s. Like you, I want to have some type of sample at my current level before I jump to another one. It helps to have a coach/friend that can objectively evaluate your play like I have with Jen. She's told me for some time that I'm ready for a "promotion", I just want the comfort of seeing success over a sample size before I do... its just the way I'm wired and it seems you are also.

If you already have that validation, then play the games you are rolled for. The system Jen outlined here will ensure that you won't rip thru your bankroll if you happen to hit a rough patch at that next level. All you have to do is step back down in accordance to the BR guidelines and build again at the games you've already proven you can beat.

I'm sure Jen will come on here and clean up anything I might have been missed or been unclear on, but I hope this'll help answer your question.

Raise
    Add Rycky4Golf to Rail
  15. If I didn't know Jen, I'd have my doubts whether she really exists or not, but I have talked to her enough to discard the idea of her been a bot.

She just seems too good to be truth.

Add andressoprano to Rail
  16. Rycky,

Any possibility you could post that spreadsheet you made? I have one of my own, but not sure exactly how to incorporate Jen's post here into it. That would be wicked awesome to have a spreadsheet of this Jennifear gold :)

Raise
    Add MattieBoy131 to Rail
  17. Thanks for the response Rycky.....I like the 75% idea.

Jennifear, please add to Rycky's reply to my post if necessary....thanks.

Add Tito Francoma to Rail
    Originally Posted by MattieBoy131 View Post

Rycky,

Any possibility you could post that spreadsheet you made? I have one of my own, but not sure exactly how to incorporate Jen's post here into it. That would be wicked awesome to have a spreadsheet of this Jennifear gold :)

Hmm, its not anything flashy but if I can figure out a way to post it I will. At worst it might give a spreadsheet genius or two a place to start in making a better one. I'm at work at the moment so I'll see what I can do tonight.

Raise
    Add Rycky4Golf to Rail
  19. I'm confused about something

$270 - $6.25 HU

$357 - $5.50 STTs

With HU being higher variance than STTs shouldn't it be the other way around?

Also once the bankroll reaches $357 I can play anything thats listed at the smaller amounts right?

I also need clarification about the cashing out.If you play a $6.25 HU that is 12 cents to add to the cashing out that I understand.So until you reach the sites minimum cashout that 12 cents is gone and you can't play with it at all correct?

Raise
    Add MaestroJay to Rail
  20. WOW, this is the best piece of advice i've ever read!!!! I am grinding the single table and the 45 man tournaments.

thanks for sharing with us

Add Marcus5 to Rail
  21. cosign smokin zags.

Add zrogers to Rail
    Originally Posted by MaestroJay View Post

I also need clarification about the cashing out.If you play a $6.25 HU that is 12 cents to add to the cashing out that I understand.So until you reach the sites minimum cashout that 12 cents is gone and you can't play with it at all correct?

I can answer this part, I do not count anything I've put aside as my cashout as part of my bankroll anymore. So if I have $1125 online, but I have $25 aside waiting for my next cashout, my "current bankroll" is $1100.

I have zero experience with HU games so Jen will have to answer that one.

Also once the bankroll reaches $357 I can play anything thats listed at the smaller amounts right?

Yeah, you can play anything under that level, but I'm sure Jen will suggest you play the highest game you are rolled for as long as you can consistantly beat that game. Still, there aren't any restrictions for playing a smaller game for whatever reasons.

Raise
    Add Rycky4Golf to Rail
    Originally Posted by andressoprano View Post

If I didn't know Jen, I'd have my doubts whether she really exists or not, but I have talked to her enough to discard the idea of her been a bot.

She just seems too good to be truth.

She's good, but she's true enough for me. I've seen her make way too many plays to be a bot, thats for sure.

BTW Andres, great scores lately. Jen told me about them and told me you were a sicko... as always she knows her stuff. Keep it up.

Raise
    Add Rycky4Golf to Rail
    Originally Posted by pikappraider78 View Post

does the 200 multiplyer refer to average buy in or max buy in? when i was on my own i was using foxes protected BR and was playing MTTs with an avg buy in of about 200 with a roll of 25-50k depending on swongs? is that underrolled?

I'm using Max Buyin. One problem with using ABI as an indicator, especially at the higher levels, is that there is a lot of fluctuation. To use an extreme example, it would be easy to risk ruin playing some 100s, some 200s and some 1000s, even if your ABI is 200, just because of the severe discrepency.

The answer to your second question is that, in general 25k-50k is plenty for ABI $200 MTTs, but not so if there is a severe discrepency and you play a LOT of 500+.

Raise
    Thread StarterAdd Jennifear to Rail
  25. jen, i dont know if this has been posted yet but how would you adjust this for rebuy tourneys?

Add poisoneye1986 to Rail
  26. Jen, as a cash game player, I was wondering if there is any sort of similar based chart for those games?

It seems as though your chart revolves more about volume and paying yourself for that rather than how well your running, etc... basically making it more about playing well and not being results oriented.

something like that would help me a ton for cash games because im always basing my results on how much im +/-

Raise
    Add TheBigEarn to Rail
    Originally Posted by Tito Francoma View Post

Jennifear,

So what if you are properly rolled based on your guidelines for STTs much higher than the stakes you currently play? I think I've been a bit of a bankroll nit but I've also been trying to build up somewhat of a volume before moving up in limits. I guess trying to prove to myself that I should move up. Are you suggesting that I just jump up to whatever stakes applicable based on your guidelines and run from there?

P.S. Thanks for this contribution, outstanding post.

General answer: If you built your roll the hard way, by grinding the SNGs that you are playing now, then a move up would be applicable. If you just had one huge luckbox score in a MTT and that's why you are overrolled, then it may be in your best interest to prove to yourself that you are beating your current level in order to move up.

Personal answer: While there's never anything severely wrong with playing overrolled if you are comfortable....after taking the liberty of looking at your stats, yes, you should move up if your goal is to maximize your hourly rate. You are absolutely destroying your current stakes and would most certainly make more per hour one level higher.

Whenever you are unsure about moving up, one suggestion is to tread softly by moving up when the games are softest, on the weekends.

Raise
    Originally Posted by poisoneye1986 View Post

jen, i dont know if this has been posted yet but how would you adjust this for rebuy tourneys?

Personally, I take the most rebuys/addons I expect to make and go from there. For instance, if I was playing the 20R, I could expect (unless something weird happens) to spend no more than $140. Therefore, I see the 20R as a $140 MTT. Someone else may have a better formula for this.

From Fox's article on the subject:

"If the tournament is a rebuy you have to assume at least four times the initial buy-in as a your actual investment. If you play a lot of rebuy tournaments it would be wise to count the number of rebuys and the add-ons for a few tournaments and come up with a good idea what your average investment really is for each tournament."
    Raise

I'm confused about something

$270 - $6.25 HU

$357 - $5.50 STTs

With HU being higher variance than STTs shouldn't it be the other way around?

HU actually has lower variance than STTs. HU games pay 50% of it's players, while STTs pay 33%, and therefore, the HU structure is flatter.

Yes, at any time, you can play anything listed at any amount smaller. I posted the minimums for each game.

You understand the cashing out thing perfectly.

Raise
  30. i got a question:

jennifear, will you marry me?

Add tmac2424 to Rail
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 41 2 3 4