1. "Thin value bet" "thin call" etc

"float the flop" or "float on the turn"

thanks I see them alot on poker sites but I dunno what they mean.

thanks
    Add basix to Rail
  2. ato float the flop and/or float the turn is to check i believe
    edit, i'm a moron and i haven't slept for over 30 hours, i will keep my mouth shut from now on until i have a minimum of 8 hours sleep in the last 20 hours
    Raise
    Add tarbash to Rail
  3. wrong on both accounts. Floating means calling with nothing in positiion planning on either improving your hand, or taking the pot away from the guy later. A thin value bet is pretty much where your betting a very marignal hand for value. A thin call is the same thing, calling with a fairly marginal hand that you think is best. haha now i am gonna write to check out my blog at

http://iamcartergill.blogspot.com/
    Raise
    Add notashark to Rail
  4. To float is to call a bet by someone when you are in position (generally a continuation bet). It's generally done with intent to outplay or steal the pot on the turn or the river if the player shows weakness or you hit something.

Raise
    Add Shaaarrrp to Rail
  5. Floating is when you call a bet on a street with nothing with the intent of taking the pot away from the better on a later street if the better shows weakness.

Ex.) You hold Jc 8c against a preflop raiser who bets on a 3s 2h 7d board and you flat call with Jack high no draw. This is an example of floating the flop.

Raise
    Add Zefa to Rail
  6. Floating is calling with no pair and no draw in position with the intent to steal it later on in the pot.
    Add ill flu to Rail