1. weak tight, TAG, Lag

THANKS
    Add GBPfan4 to Rail
  2. weak tight = some one who play "tight" ie does not enter very many pots and does not bet without almost the nuts and has a tendency to fold "weak" to any sign of aggression.

TAG = Tight Aggressive

LAG = Loose Aggressive.
    Raise
    Add xTEDFORRESTx to Rail
  3. weak tight = easy money coming to you slowly - they don't call off a lot of chips, but they really don't put any pressure on you either

TAG - Tight aggressive -> plays few hands but plays them aggressively

LAG - Loose aggressive-> plays a lot of hands but plays them aggressively (there are two type of lag players - uber donks that are really just loose push bots, and guys (or girls named Annette) that will take your money - often using position to make it seem like they're playing too many hands, but when the money gets in, they've got the goods)
    Raise
    Add cdmalgee to Rail
  4. weak tight = ... oh ... nm
    Add saca to Rail
  5. is it n00b day or something? what do these terms mean? high card or the board? what the hell...
    Add Reech to Rail
  6. yeah... fuck, what's with all these people trying to learn poker,
    that sucks
    Add Superfishial to Rail
  7. nothing wrong with learning the game, but these people have results, are playing on multiple sites and don't know LAG? or that 4 of a kind on the board includes the highest card in someone's hand?
    Add Reech to Rail
  8. Tag = Fun game
    Lag = Game killer
    Add BHGuy to Rail
  9. Tag = You're IT
    Add jtown1010 to Rail
  10. What about FTW?
    Add falcon091480 to Rail
  11. for the win

Fearless AGgressive is another term out there
    Add junsie to Rail
  12. FTW? = "I am very confused by something. And dyslexic."
    Add BHGuy to Rail
  13. Now I understand why some are reluctant to post here anymore....because an innocent question results in being berated by somebody who is not at all established in the online poker world.
    Add newtonan22 to Rail
  14. ^^^zing!
    Add junsie to Rail
  15. please, I'm not trying to berate anyone, but how can you play on 4 sites, be a member here and not be able to look up or figure out these really basic terms without generating this post? That's all I'm saying.
    Raise
    Add Reech to Rail
  16. What about MBN? Which I keep seeing on here?

Add CJDeman to Rail
  17. Well just to see what results came up, I searched LAG and TAG in the P5 search box. Not surprisingly, nothing of help generates. I also searched the terms at dictionary.com and again, nothing came up. How do you suggest that somebody find out what LAG and TAG mean without generating a post on a website designed to help those with poker questions? I bet 99% of the world would have no idea what those acronyms stand for, so its not like there is a vast assortment of information widely available to all. I have been playing poker for five years and it wasn't until a couple months ago when I first started playing online that I learned what a lot of these internet-only terms mean.
    Raise
    Add newtonan22 to Rail
  18. must be nice
    Add OReilly7 to Rail
  19. weak tight = not SICKTIGHT
    Add SICKTIGHT311 to Rail
  20. i just learned "fwiw" and "ffs" myself
    Add sexyprussia to Rail