1. I've been out of the loop for a few years here. I'm trying to get all caught up with everything. I know Sheldon is still being an asshat and trying to pass the RAWA to ban all internet gambling. I was reading an old newsweek article (2014) and it had the following, "Seitz’s opinion found that only wagers on a 'sporting event or contest' were prohibited by the Wire Act ('wire' is interpreted as extending to the Internet). The effect was to lift a long-standing federal ban on non-sport betting on the Internet, such as poker and slots—some of the most popular and profitable games online—razing the foundation of the UIGEA, passed by Congress in 2006."

To me that seems like it's a good thing for us, but the old sites still haven't re-entered the market. Is this because they are taking a wait and see approach or did that opinion change?
    Add OSUBucks42 to Rail
  2. They are waiting for individual states to regulate poker. Thus far, 3 have. BTW. Adelson has apparently shifted his attention away from a ban on all internet gaming to banning unregulated offshore sites.

Add mikewebb68 to Rail
  3. Thanks for the reply Mike. Those are just intrastate for now. It just seems ridiculous that we could potentially have 50 different pokerstars sites and that we have to wait for the states to do something. That could take years.
    Thread StarterAdd OSUBucks42 to Rail
    Originally Posted by OSUBucks42 View Post

Thanks for the reply Mike. Those are just intrastate for now. It just seems ridiculous that we could potentially have 50 different pokerstars sites and that we have to wait for the states to do something. That could take years.

Nevada and Delaware are sharing liquidity. New Jersey is on its own and is bigger than the NV/DE market.
    Add wackyJaxon to Rail
    Originally Posted by OSUBucks42 View Post

Thanks for the reply Mike. Those are just intrastate for now. It just seems ridiculous that we could potentially have 50 different pokerstars sites and that we have to wait for the states to do something. That could take years.

The PPA has also shifted to supporting state-by-state legislation more than they would have, say, a few years ago. It's going to be a long road for US regulation, and it seems like a Federal law is all but out for now.
    Add Dan to Rail