advertisement_alt
scout0112

UB short stack and mega short stack feeders

Question

I would like to know who actually likes these feeders? Do people just play them because they are the only ones to play or do you see value in these feeders? Please explain as I myself do not see any purpose they serve and I would like to know if I am in the majority or minority in my thinking.

19 answers to this question

do away with plzzz. Ok i can understand running like some last min sat's and i am all for it, but days and even hours before the event plzzz run some decent sat's to them. Maybe some sat freezes, rebuys (non turbos), and sng's cmon annie you got it

thanks

moe86

yes people are playing these feeders becuase there is no more volume on ub during the day/morning and these things are just complete crap shoots 100% i mean there are way to many do away with them and add some hourly guarntees on the hour obv smaller guarntees 10-50 buyins all day every hour the regular schedule is lacking volume ....what's there with the guarntees sure it's great...but there is not nearly enough hourly gurantees are a must nothing crazy 20+2 2k etc would be fine all day on the hour keep as is do away with retarded feeders and add some volume or it will be GG ub...midlimit players kept ub alive this long.....and now ub has turned there back on them and people aren't happy

AMYSCROGGS

i think the bounty tournaments are great! but these micro feeder satelite and the lack of regular cash tournaments is aweful. there isn't any variety anymore. UB should have kept the origanal tournament format and just added the garunteed tournaments. i'm thouroghly disgusted and have no interest playing on here anymore. ratty bastard :)

Gotta agree with you scout the short stacked feeders suck. There is no skill in pushing all in at the start of a tourney. It is bingo poker and total BS. I will not risk my bankroll on garbage feeders that UB is running. The lower stake feeders players are learning a terrible lesson on how to play poker. It was bad enogh before this bingo style of poker was brought to UB. Please make it go away Annie.

I think people are missing the point of these. They are not meant to be a one and only way to get to a tourney, but an alternative way to get in so close to a tourney. I think it works that way because you cant fit a satellite 3 hours prior to any tourney. Not everyone has the time to source out the sat. that works best for them, so this offers another way to get in. It is meant for those who need them for time restraints. Think of it as a different option, and as players we all want options, it doenst mean we have to take them.

Super short stacks are a waste of money if you ask me. Just pure gambling.. Cmon guys poker is supposed to be a skill game.

I would like to see more $3 and $5 turbo rebuy satellites to the daily $100+ buyin MTTs . and don't forget to start them with 1500 chips.

BTW.. the morning MTT scedule is screwed. Fix it please!!!

I had been playing at UB quite a bit lately till this new schedule. It seems UB has figured out a way to up their rake they get from BJ type players, and create more of said rake with these super fu***** mega shortstack tourneys. Since it is more pure gambling, they will get more rake by the time someone lucks into a tourney. Kat

I have played a couple once because it was a mistake and the other because I sometimes am not too smart. I see the value in that these will probably bring more dead money into a tourney than any other way. but that just means the first hour of the tourney I will be getting called down by perfect perfect hands vs my AA and they will be bound to hit.

I like the idea of doing the one table sngs. I think that is a better option. I doubt that I will play anymore of the short stacks unless I again do it by mistake.

I have not been on UB since the schedule change. Liked the old format had lots of options for midlevel players.Not interested in playing bingo poker and all the other tournies they have at night are at higher buyins. Annie listen to us change the schdule.