advertisement_alt
thereraise

180 SnG preflop spot with QQ........ wuts ur play

Question

The opener had opened some pots, while at this table ~45 hands or so, but nothing too crazy. The Shover had been playing pretty tight only showing down a set of 9's so far.

PokerStars Game #20105746481: Tournament #105908348, $4.00+$0.40 Hold'em No Limit - Level V (75/150) - 2008/09/02 22:39:51 ET

Table '105908348 5' 9-max Seat #1 is the button

Seat 1: The_Suggs (1930 in chips)

Seat 2: pditty00 (1385 in chips)

Seat 3: PocaPS (1910 in chips)

Seat 4: ronaldocvo (4515 in chips)

Seat 5: sagedecarte (2375 in chips)

Seat 6: madalex6 (6075 in chips)

Seat 7: woodsyvet (3975 in chips)

Seat 8: largehooves (3745 in chips)

Seat 9: wired2001 (8255 in chips)

pditty00: posts small blind 75

PocaPS: posts big blind 150

*** HOLE CARDS ***

Dealt to The_Suggs [Qd Qs]

ronaldocvo: folds

sagedecarte: folds

madalex6: folds

woodsyvet: raises 300 to 450

largehooves: raises 3295 to 3745 and is all-in

wired2001: folds

The_Suggs: ??????

I figured at best I'm racing against AK, I guess he could have JJ here but I don't know, he has been pretty tight and I kinda feel that I'm not beating but much of his range. It is Queens though and I could just ship it in but 12bbs maybe can find a better spot still......So wuts my move?????

10 answers to this question

So you have 12 BBS and think in the next few orbits you will find a better spot than QQ?? Insta-ship. I think you can rule out AA or KK here so you are probably WAY ahead of his range to shove this. Would not be surprised to see him flip over 88-1010 or AQ+ here. But reagardless, you won't find a better spot than QQ with your stack.

So you have 12 BBS and think in the next few orbits you will find a better spot than QQ?? Insta-ship. I think you can rule out AA or KK here so you are probably WAY ahead of his range to shove this. Would not be surprised to see him flip over 88-1010 or AQ+ here. But reagardless, you won't find a better spot than QQ with your stack.

insta call given your stack size iwould say

this is exactly what i thought...so i beat 1 hand (JJ) and and race 1 hand (AK) and draw to shit vs the rest.....

I am usually shoving here no questions asked it was just against this player i figured to err on the tighter side and i actually folded. He took it down pre so have no idea if this was right or not, and not trying to be results oriented but i ended up tripling up three hands later when my AK beat AQ and 77. I did end up going pretty deep and just bubbling the money. Probly should be shoving here but i thought in this one spot not a good ship.....thanx for the insight all