AJKHoosier1

How to Fix WCOOP 2008

Question

1) Do not remove ANY daily tournaments due to WCOOP. NONE. EVER. There is no reason why putting in a random WCOOP event or two during the day would make your regular tournaments any less popular, and a TON of reasons why it would make them MORE popular. The daily 100+R for example would probably be as big as it is on Sunday every day, which is an extra $9k in rake for Stars, and a bunch more happy players. Etc. etc...

2) If you insist on running these things in the afternoon (I realize there are international players to cater to, but the schedule is currently based around the US Eastern Time zone anyways) then at least do what Full Tilt did during FTOPS and run one event in the afternoon and one at night. I think 15:00 and 20:00 (or 21:00) would be perfect, not just for me but for the majority of players. People with day jobs ftmfw.

3) Add a Second Chance for EVERY event... there isn't a reason in the world why these wouldn't be popular, and would add a verrrrry nice touch to the overall schedule during WCOOP.

4) This might be in the works or I might be missing it, but open up a WCOOP tab under the Tourney tab (separate from the "Special" tab), and open up registration to EVERY event, including the second chances.

5) Take down that annoying beige notice at the top of tournament list, and add a banner at the top of lobby (where the scrolling news section is) to inform players of the currently running WCOOP events.

6) Too late now, but starting on a Friday afternoon was a pretty stupid idea. Woulda been great to kick things off with a few huge events this Sunday to really get everyone pumped for the series, rather than an afternoon 6max and 5-card draw... on a Friday. Seriously. Something to think about for next time.

7) Fix the payout structures... pretty much anything different than the current arrangement would be better, but basically it'd be nice if they all went back to a structure similar to the way it was a few months ago.

8) Any tournament that is 2-days needs to start on Saturday so that the whole thing takes place during a weekend... kind of common sense, Full Tilt already picked up on this by starting the FTOPS $2500 on Saturday afternoons.

If anyone can think of more, please feel free to add on... I feel like Stars is just brutally botching this...

*edited to add #s 7/8

1) Do not remove ANY daily tournaments due to WCOOP. NONE. EVER. There is no reason why putting in a random WCOOP event or two during the day would make your regular tournaments any less popular, and a TON of reasons why it would make them MORE popular. The daily 100+R for example would probably be as big as it is on Sunday every day, which is an extra $9k in rake for Stars, and a bunch more happy players. Etc. etc...

2) If you insist on running these things in the afternoon (I realize there are international players to cater to, but the schedule is currently based around the US Eastern Time zone anyways) then at least do what Full Tilt did during FTOPS and run one event in the afternoon and one at night. I think 15:00 and 20:00 (or 21:00) would be perfect, not just for me but for the majority of players. People with day jobs ftmfw.

3) Add a Second Chance for EVERY event... there isn't a reason in the world why these wouldn't be popular, and would add a verrrrry nice touch to the overall schedule during WCOOP.

4) This might be in the works or I might be missing it, but open up a WCOOP tab under the Tourney tab (separate from the "Special" tab), and open up registration to EVERY event, including the second chances.

5) Take down that annoying beige notice at the top of tournament list, and add a banner at the top of lobby (where the scrolling news section is) to inform players of the currently running WCOOP events.

6) Too late now, but starting on a Friday afternoon was a pretty stupid idea. Woulda been great to kick things off with a few huge events this Sunday to really get everyone pumped for the series, rather than an afternoon 6max and 5-card draw... on a Friday. Seriously. Something to think about for next time.

If anyone can think of more, please feel free to add on... I feel like Stars is just brutally botching this...

alex is it cool with you to copy and paste this to pokerstars in an email from myself or whoever feels like doing it?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I emailed asking about the 100r and they said they replaced it with a $3r instead LOL. I swear pokerstars has become more worthless by the day ever since lee jones left. Pokerstars desperately needs somebody that knows something about poker to even come close with competing with full tilts organization and tournaments.

I hate how early these start... I took a job I couldn't pass up, but its impossible for me to leav early enough to play these. Although, 15 minutes ago i figured out how to become an administrator so I now have stars on my computer... maybe will play next weeks events if I can hide it well enough.

LOL @ starting a 30-min blind level tourney at 7 or 8pm, it would take till 9am...at least. Agree on other poiints.

BeL0W

Yeah Kev, because it'd be really hard to arrange it so that the deep tournies start in the afternoon, and the small tournies (like the 5 card draws of the world) start at night... emotion-4.gif

Also even if there are second chances for every event they should open up registration to them now

How about having some decent events on Saturdays???

Because the Nebraska Cornhuskers play every Saturday

Pokerstars had a long internal discussion about it, and they figure most, if not all Pokerstars users will be watching the San Jose St/Nebraska game this Saturday as well as the New Mexico St. game the following week.

The two day events starting on sunday is retarded

one of the only events in the series i want to play is number 6 (due to all the steps running for it I have got a couple seats for 7.50)

however i cannot take a day off work to play poker so i wont be playing that either :(:(

But jesus listen to the high stakes reg's who pay thousands in rake monthly

and obv cosign with AJK