advertisement_alt

Finally Coming Clean

Question

JJProdigy    0

I want to start by first off apologizing for all my failed apologies in the past. It has always been my wish to come clean and be accepted into the community like I was at the very beginning of my career, but the reasons behind my words weren't what they needed to be for me to realize the impact of my actions on the players, the poker community, and the outlook on online poker by the rest of the world. I have made the decision that it is time to move on with my life and to finally mature. It is necessary that I put myself on the back burner and dedicate myself to promoting this game and to repairing the image that I have created for it.

It was never my intention for my image and negative impact on the game to get this out of hand. In the beginning, I was a misguided kid with undeveloped morals and ethics. Once I got thrown under the bus by my actions, I always wanted to come back and to return where I once was, but this thinking is exactly why I am where I am now today. I never admitted that I had a true understanding of everything that I was doing, how I was affecting such a bigger picture than just being talked about in private conversations and on the occasion poker forum thread. I never made this clear because I never truly believed it. I always just wanted to be accepted, I didn't realize the first step was to come clean and understand once and for all the impact I had on the community.

With this being said... I would like to formally apologize. I apologize for all the players I have affected and the unfair equity that I stole from them in tournaments. I apologize to the entire poker community for highlighting the flaws of internet poker and giving it such a bad reputations in parts. It is a privilege that we should all be very thankful for, and I am deeply sorry that I took advantage of it for my own personal benefits. I apologize to everyone I offended, whether it be top name pros or micro stake grinders. I apologize to all those that have been close to me and have been affected negatively for associating with me. It is not fair for these people to be punished for my actions, but it is a grouping affect that they had to be aware they were getting themselves into.

I would also live to say that I am not the poker god that I tend to be talked up to be on the forums. My accomplishments have been vastly exaggerated, even by those close to me. I am aware that a part of this persona I have been given is because I have been the mentor to many phenomenal poker players in their own rights. I have to renounce this, however, and say that I have been very blessed to have such great minds come to me with the desire to improve and learn. I did nothing for them that they could have not have done for themselves. I merely helped them open their minds and to see their potential. I am very thankful for the praise I get for this, but I assure you I did very little and am merely very lucky to have worked with such great minds.

It is unfair how highly I am looked upon as a poker player, as well. No one should ever get some of the praises I get. I assure you that in poker, no one is vastly greater than anyone else on any given day. Poker is about evolving and adapting to every single hand in every single situation. The game merely rewards those who are bright enough to keep up with it.

I also haven't made nearly as much money as people think I have. I have lost a majority of my worth through the forms of failed staking arrangements. This is also something that tends to be greatly exaggerated.

Starting now, I will dedicate as much time and effort as needed in an attempt to right my wrongs of the past and restore faith in online poker. I understand if I cannot be forgiven for my actions, but I would like to repair the bad image the I helped create. I want to work with major poker sites and offer my guidance on how I feel this can be stopped completely and wiped out of online poker. Security is evolving everyday to get more sophisticated, and I commend the sites for that.

It is time that I move on with my life and right the wrongs of my past. I sincerely apologize for the mistakes that I have made and the corrupt image I have made for such a unique and beautiful game. The time calls for me to do everything in my part to receive forgiveness and to try to prevent any abuse to go on in the future. I will volunteer my time to the top sites if they will have me. I will also answer any questions that anyone might have, either about myself or my actions. I understand that the road to recovery is long and bumpy, but I assure you I will do everything in my power to amend my past and move on to a more ethical, aware, and self-understanding future.

GrayFOX22    0

JJ, if you do have a plan on working for online poker sites hoping to increase security, I am sure you have figured this out, but I would do a very thourough research essay with your theories and action plans that you would like to see set forth in an attempt to disbar MAer/colluders. Without a concrete essay of sorts, these websites will give you nothing. If need be, I hope I could help in some way.

Best of luck

JJProdigy    0

Are you "Afishontilt"?

Did you mentor him?

I am not FishOnTilt. He came to me when he was a 15 year old kid (recently turned 16) and I did take him up as I have done with many in the past. He is a sicko and has a great future ahead of himself is he stays level headed, and I know what the game can do to a young kid such as himself.

JJProdigy    0

JJ, if you do have a plan on working for online poker sites hoping to increase security, I am sure you have figured this out, but I would do a very thourough research essay with your theories and action plans that you would like to see set forth in an attempt to disbar MAer/colluders. Without a concrete essay of sorts, these websites will give you nothing. If need be, I hope I could help in some way.

Best of luck

Thank you for this. I have an idea in my mind but I haven't wrote it down onto paper. If the sites ask me for something such as this, I will tell them everything I think they can and should do to improve security and to stop this.

bef99hwk    0

1) Teach me

2) GL with this whole thing

3) What accts have you played under? I don't think I've ever played that high to get screwed but better urself and rat out the names

4) Tell us how you did it and how you could stay under the radar.

5) Who else have you mentored?

hoddi    0

Oh good it's time for the annual JJProdigy apology thread again - 2008 edition

see ya next year

jrrotonda59    0

is there truth to gbmantis' claim that your pokerstars ban only makes you angrier and want to multi-account more?

on the one hand he says this, and also says you have grown and changed. a statement like this contradicts his claim you have grown and changed.

well written apology, i hope to see you follow through with what you say you would like to. i look forward to your response, thanks

TheGfactor    0

Best of luck

Thank you for this. I have an idea in my mind but I haven't wrote it down onto paper. If the sites ask me for something such as this, I will tell them everything I think they can and should do to improve security and to stop this.

i dont think this will happen haha

Okay, you said you would answer questions. Here goes:

1st question: Who is FishOnTilt?

2nd question: Who is Dont Taze Me Bro

3rd question: Are the above players the same person

4th question: Did you play as any of the players above, and if not, are you those players?

5th question: Please name the charity you will be donating the winnings you and your crew have cheated out of everyone

6th question: Have you reported yourself to the IRS yet?

jesterwords    0

So,

JJ... why not just write up what you know about MA'ing and just email to the sites?

If you are so intent on righting your wrongs (which, btw, never affected my equity... only tarnished the game that I love to play, and given ample ammunition to the opponents of the game).

If your true intention is to reverse the karma, clear your name, and do the right thing.

Offer your information free of charge to all the sites. Just give it away. As well, expect nothing in return for it.

Rome was not built in a day. Sadly, your reputation, once destroyed, may take as long as Rome to rebuild. The good thing is that over time you can prove yourself to be worthy of respect.

For now, you will have to prove lots to gain the respect of me, joe blow poker player.

Although, I wish you the best in life, stop giving freakin black eyes to our game.

Best of luck

Forget waiting for the sites to ask, we are asking you now to put down in writing, here and now, your entire system of cheating, what you did, when, how much you made off it, what can be done to stop it, etc. Lets hear it.

FunWeasel    0

define accounts u played

do you run pokertracker of other such program (sure you do)...because really any player in any game you were in deserves a refund....from you...you have that info

infact tbh dude /spit

SpankyHamm    8

So,

JJ... why not just write up what you know about MA'ing and just email to the sites?

If you are so intent on righting your wrongs (which, btw, never affected my equity... only tarnished the game that I love to play, and given ample ammunition to the opponents of the game).

If your true intention is to reverse the karma, clear your name, and do the right thing.

Offer your information free of charge to all the sites. Just give it away. As well, expect nothing in return for it.

Rome was not built in a day. Sadly, your reputation, once destroyed, may take as long as Rome to rebuild. The good thing is that over time you can prove yourself to be worthy of respect.

For now, you will have to prove lots to gain the respect of me, joe blow poker player.

Although, I wish you the best in life, stop giving freakin black eyes to our game.

And provide all the names of the players that you have been involved with and what your specific association was with them.

Agree with jester...

If you truly care about your status with the poker community, you're also going to have to tell us everyone you stacked, everyone you know who MA'd and all the accounts you played/play on. Most would also believe you should give the money back, but I'm not sure how I personally feel about all that jazz.

JJProdigy    0

1) Teach me

2) GL with this whole thing

3) What accts have you played under? I don't think I've ever played that high to get screwed but better urself and rat out the names

4) Tell us how you did it and how you could stay under the radar.

5) Who else have you mentored?

3) Names that I have used in the past include: iemdavid, misterblair, i<3$-flow, NewSeptember(ftp), bigtruck4w, BufuVoodoo(ftp), whitefish77, g0t t!lt? ... these are the major ones I remember, if I think of anymore I will post them.

4) This will be a long post and I'll talk about it more if I get more reqeusts

5) Some of the people I have helped are.. Imperium, stealthmunk, gbmantis, plattsburgh, fishontilt, d0nt taze me ... this is just the top of my head

My question for JJ...

What are you going to do to prove your sincerity? It's clear that many will see this apology as a total joke. To fit in, you're going to have to prove that you are sincere, and I would like to know how you are going to do this.

JJProdigy    0

is there truth to gbmantis' claim that your pokerstars ban only makes you angrier and want to multi-account more?

on the one hand he says this, and also says you have grown and changed. a statement like this contradicts his claim you have grown and changed.

well written apology, i hope to see you follow through with what you say you would like to. i look forward to your response, thanks

This is true, but I think that was very immature thinking of me. It is a mentality like.. I am already a wanted person, so what's the point in not playing and multi accounting?

I believe I have now evolved from that, and I respect the decision. Due to my actions, I should be banned and I respect that.

Futon    0

Where will you be playing online poker?

Kind of hard for us to believe that even if you can't play on Stars/FT that you won't be playing at all, no?